Found Deceased NY - Trevor Verga, 45, left and abandoned vehicle at 2:30am, Kings Park, 20 Mar 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

hibachai

Reaction score
KINGS PARK, NY — A Kings Park man was reported missing, Suffolk police said.

Trevor Verga, 45, last spoke to a family member on the phone around 1 a.m. on Sunday, police said. He was reported missing by a family member around 2:15 p.m.

Verga's 2019 Dodge Ram was found in the parking lot of 500 E. Long Beach Road, Nissequogue. Video surveillance from the parking lot shows a man matching Verga's description exiting the vehicle at approximately 2:30 a.m., police said.

Verga is white, 5 feet 10 inches, 185 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes, police said.

Detectives are asking anyone with information on Verga's location to call the Fourth Squad at 631-854-8452.

Kings Park Man Reported Missing: Police

Attachments

• 277104377_512207167181468_7886655663359839751_n.jpg
    277104377_512207167181468_7886655663359839751_n.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 111
There's not much information provided so far in Trevor's disappearance.

On a map the 500 E. Long Beach Road address appears to be a beachfront residence on Smithtown Bay, just north of a large marina. Obviously there are many bodies of water in this area. I believe Trevor's residence is in King's Park, a few miles away from this location.

We don't know why he was at that location, especially at 2:30AM.

Trevor Verga, 45, last spoke to a family member on the phone around 1 a.m. on Sunday, police said.
Do we have any details regarding this phone call? I'm wondering if Trevor was thinking clearly, or perhaps sounded agitated or intoxicated?

So far we don't have much information in this case, and I've heard nothing about boat access so far. According to the map there is a marina very close to the address where he was last seen.

What was the content of the phone call? Was he distressed? Could he have taken an airplane? Maybe he decided to offer his knowledge and service to the Ukrainian/Russian war? An angry family member of a client who died, a client? Just to pull up some scenarios:

Reasons Why Adults Go Missing | CCIMA

This is from a Canadian site, but it applies to all missing persons.

Reasons for going missing

Reasons why adults go missing are as varied as the individuals themselves. In some cases, several factors may contribute to a person’s disappearance.

There are a number of classifications used in describing the missing adult population. The classification below presents some of the major categories of missing adults.

Deliberate Disappearances: This includes adults who may be experiencing difficulties with significant people in their lives, financial issues, family break-down or other problems that may be overwhelming. The decision to disappear is a way to escape the situation.

This also includes adults who decide to simply leave family and friends behind to start a new life elsewhere.

Suicide: Some adults disappear with the intention of committing suicide.

Adventure or Accident Victims: These adults include those who disappear while engaging in activities such as boating, adventure hiking, diving or other activities and experience a catastrophic event.

Drifters: Drifters are those who lead a more transient lifestyle. Over time, contact with family and friends is lost.

Unintentional Disappearances: This includes people such as those with dementia (e.g. Alzheimer’s Disease) who become lost or wander away from home. It can also include those who find themselves lost (e.g. while travelling, in a new city, etc.), overdue in terms of her/his expected arrival or misunderstanding/miscommunication of a meeting point.

Mental Health Issues: Some disappearances are due to undiagnosed or untreated mental health illnesses such as bipolar disorder, psychosis or schizophrenia. Addictions may be a factor as well.

Unknown Circumstances: In some cases there is no clear reason that explains why the adult went missing. The explanation comes only after the person is located.

Foul Play/Suspicious Circumstances: These are disappearances that are the result of kidnapping, homicide, domestic violence, human trafficking or other criminal events. It is important to note that only a small portion of missing person cases are due to foul play.

Regardless of the reason for the disappearance, the trauma experienced by family and friends can be tremendous.

This document has been developed by the CCIMA for general information purposes (12/2012).

With so many bodies of water in the area the possibility of self harm may be a consideration. We don't know anything about his emotional state at this time.

Did he have a boat at that marina?

Suffolk county police issued this as a Silver Alert, which appears to be not a standard type of alert for a missing person.
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The MSM link doesn't say why a Silver Alert was issued in this case but one possibility is that Trevor may have been having some type of MH issues. I've seen no LE or MSM posts mentioning any MH issues so that is only one possible explanation.

Issuing as Silver Alert for someone last seen around several large bodies of water is not a comforting thought.

The silver alert could be a sign, maybe he is ill.

What is a Silver Alert in New York State?

The program alerts the public and law enforcement when an individual who is at least 18 years old and has a cognitive disorder, mental disability or brain disorder goes missing.

Jumping in with questions (as usual !!!)........had he gotten off work and was heading/to be heading home ? Credit cards used.........I have a feeling ( and pray not) that the outcome is known and not good........Sending prayers to his loved ones that there will be a very positive outcome.

There seems to be far more info out there. Again if LE/the family (and so MSM) does choose to keep things close to the vest....totally fine with me...Poor Trevor....I hope he is going to be found soon. I don't have the feeling we/the public can be of any help in his missing case, because of the lack of information. IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSMEITH1
Back