GUILTY NY - Twenty dead in Limo Crash, Schoharie County, 6 Oct 2018 *arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
20 dead in upstate New York crash involving limousine: police
image.png

The Apple Barrel Country Store is seen in this image from Google Street View. (Google)
The Times Union of Albany reported local officials said a limo speeding down a hill crashed into bystanders at the Apple Barrel Country Store on Saturday in Schoharie. That's about 270 kilometres north of New York City.

The store is a popular spot for autumn leaf-peepers.

I was disappointed in this prelim report, hoping there might be just a wee bit more info. I can understand why most won't come out until the final report, but I sure do hope all have been working behind the scenes to make limos as safe as possible, as quickly as possible, for the public. I don't believe we knew about seat belts being available, even though they didn't specify if there were lap belts for everyone or who may have used them. Thanks for posting.

I have spent some time trying to see what the speed limit is on Hwy 30 and on 30A, and I am unable to find one that would indicate a change in speed as you get closer to this intersection.
There is a stop sign ahead sign....fairly close to the intersection.
It does look dangerous....!!!

Google Maps
(It is an August, 2014 image capture. There may be better signage now.)
I've seen these posts for the 1st time today, 11 Mar 2019, and I note that Lato and Mica had questioned the Effective Speed Limit on NY30 Downhill (which I say is DEFAULT NYR2-2 55mph from Warning Sign #10), and the seeming short distance from W3-1 STOP Ahead (which I say is 515 Feet Half-Distance).

My sincere condolences from London (UK) to all families involved . I have uploaded my distant delvings of the last 4 months (mainly weekends) to my ‘Laurence Bothwell’ LINKEDIN Profile as my 4 Mar 2019 Charts A to H which finds inherent serious defects in NY30 Downhill Warning signs to NY30&30A NASTY T-Junction at Schoharie. I understand a Driver Witness and Passenger (who had stopped at the T-Junction) has described ‘previously passing the Limousine, which was on the Hard Shoulder with it’s Reversing Lights on and Reversing Alarm sounding’, BUT I don’t yet know ‘WHERE on NY30 Approach (how close or not to the T-Junction) ?’ that this ‘Limousine ATTEMPT to Stop by Reversing’ took place. Either way, the Driver Witness was driving momentarily faster than the Limousine ‘at the Passing Location’ to witness this aspect, and the Driver Witness came to a Stop ay NY30&30A T-Junction. I am conscious that information about the Limousine Condition have been slow to emerge, partly because of the Prestige criminal investigation, partly Federal Shutdown, and partly slow-pace of Limousine Examination. However, I hope my Charts are useful towards understanding the reasons for perennial accidents, trucks and many smaller crashes, at this notoriously dangerous T-Junction. It remains to be seen whether defective Warning Signs on NY30 caused and/or aggravated ‘Previous STOP Overshoots’ and ‘many smaller crashes’ at NY30&30A T-Junction, OR was any kind of contributory factor/s [requiring harder braking] in this horrific crash on 6 Oct 18.

Laurence Bothwell +44 7944 318 433, laurencebothwell@yahoo.co.uk.

Please see link to my LINKEDIN Profile – Laurence Bothwell 4 Mar 2019 Charts A to H and Cover Page at https://www.linkedin.com/in/laurenc...51810499717)&section=summary&treasuryCount=16

Attachments

• 2019 03 04 1153am Cover Page - Laurence Bothwell Chart A to H re Schoharie Crash.pdf
    137.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 2019 03 04 1153am A - Laurence Bothwell Spreadsheet of Route 30&30A Approach Warning Signs.pdf
    298.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 2019 03 04 1153am B - Laurence Bothwell ERROR Installation NYR2-2 55mph, NO W2-4 T-Junction etc.pdf
    294.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 2019 03 04 1153am C – Laurence Bothwell Location of STOP Ahead at 515 Feet Half-Distance.pdf
    202 KB · Views: 2
  • 2019 03 04 1153am D - Laurence Bothwell Proposed Schoharie STOP Warning Signs - Version 9.pdf
    410.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 2019 03 04 1153am E - Laurence Bothwell NY30&443 2010 Dot & DoT 18 Sep 18 Roundabout Mayfield.pdf
    362.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 2019 03 04 1153am F - Laurence Bothwell SCMV Contour Graph - Signs NY30&7 to 30&30A T-Junction.pdf
    173.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 2019 03 04 1153am G - Road Narrows NY30 - Whether Land suitable for Roundabout at NY30&30A.pdf
    426 KB · Views: 3
  • 2019 03 04 1153am H Summary - Laurence Bothwell - Summary from 8 Oct 2018 to 4 Mar 2019.pdf
    101.4 KB · Views: 7
Schoharie limo case being introduced to grand jury

Sources tell NewsChannel 13 for the first time on Friday in Schoharie County, a grand jury was presented with evidence related to the deadly stretch limousine crash on October 6, 2018. That crash claimed the lives of 17 passengers, the 53-year-old limo driver and two pedestrians.

The NTSB and State Police are still investigating. They are looking into the limo's modifications and mechanical condition as well as DOT and DMV oversight.

Limo operator formally indicted in deadly upstate crash

The upstate car service operator whose stretch limo killed 20 people in the deadliest US crash in a decade has been hit with a 40-count homicide and manslaughter indictment.

Prestige Limo operator Nauman Hussain wasn’t behind the wheel, but he still faces 20 counts each of criminally negligent homicide and manslaughter in the second degree – one for each victim – in connection to the horrific Oct. 6 crash in Schoharie, NY.

A grand jury handed up the new indictment on Friday at the Schoharie County Courthouse; Hussain had previously faced just a single count of criminally negligent homicide.

Hussain’s 2001 Ford Excursion stretch limousine had dodged rigorous state Department of Transportation inspections for years before the crash, according to state records obtained by the Albany Times Union.

In October it blew through a stop sign at a T-intersection in the rural upstate town last fall, crashing into a country store and killing the driver, 17 passengers and two others.

“We have worked extremely hard for the last six months,” District Attorney Susan Mallery told reporters of Friday’s grand jury action, the Times Union reported.

A team of three grief counselors were calling the families of the victims Friday afternoon to inform them of the indictment, she said.

“My confidence in my client’s innocence has never been stronger,” Hussain’s lawyer, Lee Kindlon, told The Post.

“Our own investigation in the past six months has shown a number of things that we can use to our advantage so that my client walks out of a court a free man,” he added.

He didn’t clarify what those findings were.

https://nypost.com/2019/04/05/limo-operator-formally-indicted-in-deadly-upstate-crash/

Posted: Apr. 5, 2019 9:58 AM
Updated: Apr. 5, 2019 12:36 PM
Posted By: WKTV

DRIVER IN DEADLY SCHOHARIE LIMO CRASH ALLEGEDLY HAD DRUGS IN HIS SYSTEM

The driver in the deadly Schoharie limo crash that killed 20 people last October reportedly had drugs in his system at the time of the crash.

The Albany Times Union is reporting that the driver of the vehicle, the driver Scott Lisincchia, had marijuana and traces of an anti-seizure medication in his system.

He was one of the 20 people killed when he was driving the limousine that crashed in Schoharie.

The report comes on the eve of final grand jury proceedings, where jurors are deciding if they should return a criminal indictment.

The National Transportation Safety Board and state police are investigating the incident.

Driver in deadly Schoharie limo crash allegedly had drugs in his system

Posted: Apr. 5, 2019 9:58 AM
Updated: Apr. 5, 2019 12:36 PM
Posted By: WKTV

DRIVER IN DEADLY SCHOHARIE LIMO CRASH ALLEGEDLY HAD DRUGS IN HIS SYSTEM

The driver in the deadly Schoharie limo crash that killed 20 people last October reportedly had drugs in his system at the time of the crash.

The Albany Times Union is reporting that the driver of the vehicle, the driver Scott Lisincchia, had marijuana and traces of an anti-seizure medication in his system.

He was one of the 20 people killed when he was driving the limousine that crashed in Schoharie.

The report comes on the eve of final grand jury proceedings, where jurors are deciding if they should return a criminal indictment.

The National Transportation Safety Board and state police are investigating the incident.

Driver in deadly Schoharie limo crash allegedly had drugs in his system

I am still going with the owners being at fault. They should have had random drug testing for all of the driver's and mandatory CDL, the limo driver did not have a CDL license to drive the vehicle, yet the owners let him drive the limousine against the law. A CDL medical exam would have brought up the seizure medication issue. And drug use.

I am aware of the Recent Dual (x20 each) Grand Jury Indictments against Prestige Limousine Operator, and of belated disclosure (on eve of Indictments) that the Driver had traces of marijuana and of an anti-seizure medication in his system.

Yet the Limousine Driver 'attempted to Reverse / STOP' on the NY30 Hard-Shoulder so as to be over-taken by a Witness Vehicle (Driver and Passenger) prior to the NY30&30A T-Junction (but don't yet know where this 'Hard-Shoulder Over-Taking Event' took place).

I don't yet know the Weight / Tonnage of the Stretched Limousine, nor the extent to which such Heavier Car Tonnage might equate to 'Trucks less than 5 tons' which were prohibited in Dec 2015 on the NY30 from NY30&7 Intersection, Southbound on NY30 to NY30&30A T-Junction.

My 4 Mar 2019 Charts A to H unveil INHERENT Serious Defects which are STILL a PERSISTENT Hazard to every Stranger Driver on NY30 Southbound requiring surprising Hard-Braking in ONLY 515 Feet Half-Distance from STOP Ahead to the Schoharie T-Junction (aside from Missing W2-4 T-Junction imperative for any Abrupt STOP, and lack of any Speed Reduction Sequence from #10 NYR2-2 55mph +10-20% Overspeed). In these circumstances, the Limousine Operator may well be responsible for a raft of Limousine Condition and Driver Licensing and Impairment Testing violations, BUT the higher responsibility for this and previous accidents at Schoharie T-Junction might well be shared by T-Junction Signage design (Jul 2010-2013 concerns) which were left uncorrected during Tonnage Reductions (18 tons, then 5 tons in Jan 2015), and then ultimately Dec 2015 Truck Prohibition which left those dangers in tact.

Attachments

• 2019 03 25 Laurence Bothwell 4 Mar 2019 Charts A to H Serious Defects NY30&30A Warning Signs.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 7

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste