NY - Twenty Fatality Traffic Crash, Schoharie County, 6 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone speak to the fact that the limo is stored outside, under a tent? Given the weather in the Northeast is it going to have an impact on the NTSB reviewing the limo as it was on the day of the crash? I don't understand why it's not kept indoors as the rain, damp, humidity, etc., seems like that could have an impact.

Can anyone speak to the fact that the limo is stored outside, under a tent? Given the weather in the Northeast is it going to have an impact on the NTSB reviewing the limo as it was on the day of the crash? I don't understand why it's not kept indoors as the rain, damp, humidity, etc., seems like that could have an impact.

Maybe the destruction of evidence is part of a well designed plan...... IMO.

Others are asking similar questions Editorial: Cooperate on limo crash probe

There is a comment to the editorial re: criminal case being more important.

I realize this is from an editorial, however the articles in the NYT and WashPo did not have comments open, and I find that a little odd.

I don't find it odd at all. They do the bidding of many. IMO.

Others are asking similar questions Editorial: Cooperate on limo crash probe

There is a comment to the editorial re: criminal case being more important.

I realize this is from an editorial, however the articles in the NYT and WashPo did not have comments open, and I find that a little odd.
Thanks for the post and link -- an excellent editorial, IMO.

And if the parts degrade due to improper storage conditions, that could completely derail the criminal investigation, or at least give defense rights to appeal any criminal charges, based on negligent maintenance, because it could not be proven that the damages didn't occur during storage.

The NTSB and Schoharie Co. DA's office reach agreement:
Fatal limo crash: Access to vehicle finally granted to investigators

Thanks, Tripod. Now I wonder how much longer it will take for them to get access to the vehicle?

Snip

"As a result, all parties still need to work out the particulars of how the NTSB will access the vehicle and complete its work," the federal agency said in a statement.

"We have reached out to all of the parties involved to begin these discussions, however, an agreed upon path forward has yet to be determined."

NTSB will construct a small structure to house the vehicle during the investigation, Tonko said.

Thanks, Tripod. Now I wonder how much longer it will take for them to get access to the vehicle?

Snip

"As a result, all parties still need to work out the particulars of how the NTSB will access the vehicle and complete its work," the federal agency said in a statement.

"We have reached out to all of the parties involved to begin these discussions, however, an agreed upon path forward has yet to be determined."

NTSB will construct a small structure to house the vehicle during the investigation, Tonko said.
ASAP, I hope! Congressman Tonko is from Amsterdam, so I'm pretty confident he's keeping tabs on things and maybe greasing some wheels. I don't understand hold-ups, at this point. I really don't.

Ugh. ttps://dailygazette.com/article/2019/01/14/ntsb-says-mallery-is-obstructing-its-investigation-deceiving-court?fbclid=IwAR2kMpoK3itsRXFzICb7Y1geulDHI5deIIE041kZG_kSX2HFX_6DmnYdTSgh. Much more detail on the hold-ups for the NTSB. It's past time DA Mallory talks publicly about this.
Sorry, folks. I don't know why the above didn't properly link.

Ugh. ttps://dailygazette.com/article/2019/01/14/ntsb-says-mallery-is-obstructing-its-investigation-deceiving-court?fbclid=IwAR2kMpoK3itsRXFzICb7Y1geulDHI5deIIE041kZG_kSX2HFX_6DmnYdTSgh. Much more detail on the hold-ups for the NTSB. It's past time DA Mallory talks publicly about this.
Sorry, folks. I don't know why the above didn't properly link.

Thanks Tripod. Fixed the link.

DA Mallery needs to be removed, IMO.

NTSB: Schoharie County DA obstructing its limo crash investigation, deceiving court

Reading the above looks like the DA messed up, and is now defending her actions. Some people just won't cooperate. Like a dog with a bone.
I'm not so certain about that, IMO. She makes some very good points re: possibilities that the federal NTSB could possibly affect the local criminal case/s, which does take priority. Having said that, I do wish things had moved along more quickly. Keep in mind all the entities that need legal and proper access to that vehicle, including the defense team. I'm hopeful all this negative publicity will end the stalemate. We all want answers and the public deserves answers in this case, but I think the affected families deserve solid cases for some justice, first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bubbles—