NY - Two firefighters & woman slain, 3 injured in Webster ambush, 24 Dec 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
there is a bridge there. its is used during the winter and closed during the summer as it is movable. So they were able to use the bridge that day.

Good, I might be going to my brothers tomorrow and he lives about 2 miles down Culver road from this. I want to take some pictures. I can't promise anything, but I'll try.

Yes, same gun. Have they figured out where this lunatic procured his gun, though? Seeing as he was a felon he couldn't legally possess it. I'm curious to see what comes of that.

The last report I heard, sorry no link, was that they had traced them back and they didn't want to say anything more at the time.

JMO, there is at least one gun show a year that comes through Rochester and the gun show laws are extremely lax. I don't think there are background checks and no waiting period. I might be mistaken, but I believe those are the rules.

JMO, the rules need to be changed...gun shows need to be the same laws as a store or dealer..background check, mental test and a waiting period...

WEBSTER, N.Y. -A Greece woman has been arrested in connection with two of the firearms used in the Christmas Eve shooting of four volunteer firefighters.

2 on Your Side has learned that U.S. Attorney William J. Hochul and other law enforcement officials will hold a press conference Friday at 4:00 p.m. in Rochester. We will continue to update this web story as more information becomes available.

Around 1:40 p.m., New York State Police, Webster Police and the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives descended on the Alpine Road home where Dawn Nguyen and her mother, Dawn Welsher, were staying.
---
more at the link:

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/19...onnection-with-Guns-Used-in-Webster-Shootings

According to the publicly filed complaint document, Dawn Nguyen lied when buying the guns used in the ambush as she bought them in her own name; she actually was purchasing them for William Spengler. She "acted as a straw purchaser," according to the district attorney (and also the FBI case agent et al.). Crime carries penalties of up to ten years in jail, $250,000 fine. Affidavit specifically alleges Spengler was with Nguyen at the time she purchased the guns. Federal charge; state charges forthcoming.

(See link above: her family claims she was "set up," and the guns were stolen from Nguyen.)

"There could definitely be more charges if the information and the facts support it."

Here's the skinny on the Irondequoit bay bridge.

http://www.monroecounty.gov/dot-bridgeibob

The Irondequoit Bay Outlet Bridge (IBOB), located at the north end of Irondequoit Bay, spans the outlet between Lake Road in the Town of Webster and Culver Road in the Town of Irondequoit. Annually, the bridge is swung into place for use by motorists 5 months out of the year (November 1 - March 31) and swung away in to storage to open the channel for boaters 7 months out of the year (April 1 - October 31).

The current seasonal bridge was designed to span the bay outlet for vehicular traffic during the winter months. Throughout the summer boating season, the bridge is removed to accommodate marine traffic.

IBOB is maintained and operated by the Monroe County Department of Transportation (DOT). County DOT operates the bridge in conformity with permits granted by the United States Coast Guard....

I'm gonna put up some pictures I took today in a minute. It was hard to get good photos due to the piled snow and the road is narrow and there is no where to park to get pictures of the destruction. It's amazing. There is the shell of a car that looks like it came from a war zone.

DSC00652_zps2e17cd36.jpg

DSC00650_zps046f8524.jpg

DSC00640_zps3e169df4.jpg

DSC00648_zps2e2e757d.jpg

DSC00642_zpsaf7dfe1d.jpg

Autopsy: NY gunman shot self, not hit by police (AP)
The gunman who lured two firefighters to their deaths died of a self-inflicted shot to the head and wasn't hit by return fire from a police officer, New York State Police said Thursday.

But investigators still hadn't made a positive identification of the body found in William Spengler's burned house. They have said they believe the remains are those of his 67-year-old sister, Cheryl Spengler, who also lived in the house near Rochester.
---
more at the link

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/28/dawn-nguyen-arrested_n_2377285.html

Dawn Nguyen Arrested In Connection With Webster Firefighter Shooting

"WEBSTER, N.Y. — The neighbor of a convicted felon who ambushed firefighters on Christmas Eve, killing two, bought the guns for him and lied to the seller, knowing that he wasn't allowed to have them, authorities said Friday.

William Spengler had picked out the semiautomatic rifle and shotgun used in the ambush and went to the sporting goods store with the neighbor when she bought them for him, U.S. Attorney William Hochul said.

The neighbor, Dawn Nguyen of Rochester, was arrested Friday. She faces a federal charge of knowingly making a false statement for signing a form indicating she would be the legal owner of the guns, Hochul said. She also was charged with a state count of filing a falsified business record, State Police Senior Investigator James Newell said."

More...

Add: Sorry I did not look back far enough before posting this link to see that wfgodot had already posted on this subject.

According to the publicly filed complaint document, Dawn Nguyen lied when buying the guns used in the ambush as she bought them in her own name; she actually was purchasing them for William Spengler. She "acted as a straw purchaser," according to the district attorney (and also the FBI case agent et al.). Crime carries penalties of up to ten years in jail, $250,000 fine. Affidavit specifically alleges Spengler was with Nguyen at the time she purchased the guns. Federal charge; state charges forthcoming.

(See link above: her family claims she was "set up," and the guns were stolen from Nguyen.)

"There could definitely be more charges if the information and the facts support it."

If the allegations are true, I hope she gets and has to do a full 10 years. Suppliers of illegal weapons need to know the penalty for doing so is a still one.

I better sit on my hands, if I say more I'll earn a TO.

When police traced the two guns to her, she initially said
she had bought them for her personal protection, but said they
had been stolen from her vehicle, according to the police
account. Neither weapon had ever been reported stolen, however.

She later admitted in text messages and a phone call to a
Monroe County Sheriff's deputy that she had, in fact, bought
them for Spengler, and he picked out both firearms, police
records say.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sns-r...date-1l1e8ns5jl-20121228,0,2483472,full.story

What a :censored: . I wonder if she can be legally held responsible in some way for these murders. When you give a felon convicted of murder a gun, the person who hands the gun to the killer should be held responsible.

I hope she gets at least a full 10 years, if not more.

Totally agree Cubby.

I have seen pics of the creep as you all have, I am sure. He is highly unattractive, I feel.Plus he has the great personality where he killed his 92 year old grandmother.

What is it about him that would possess a woman to buy weapons for him?

I say on IQ test is needed as well if people insist guns are so lovely to have

totally agree cubby.

I have seen pics of the creep as you all have, i am sure. He is highly unattractive, i feel.plus he has the great personality where he killed his 92 year old grandmother.

what is it about him that would possess a woman to buy weapons for him?

i say on iq test is needed as well if people insist guns are so lovely to have

bbm

$$$

If the allegations are true, I hope she gets and has to do a full 10 years. Suppliers of illegal weapons need to know the penalty for doing so is a still one.

I better sit on my hands, if I say more I'll earn a TO.

Given the nature of the crime he pulled and his past felony conviction I'm pretty sure they'll throw the book at her and make her read it page for page out loud. If she actually did it.

What could her excuse be? He asked me to buy the guns for him, but I didn't ask why he couldn't do it himself? I just thought he was too lazy to fill out the paperwork on his own? :rolleyes:

I hope to God they don't give her a plea deal. As I stated above, I don't think so given the nature of the crime. I also think the community would have a conniption fit. JMO

“ ‘So, I guess you heard about the guy who killed his grandmother here?’ ” Warner recalled him asking. She replied that she had not. “‘Well, that was me.’”

But if there is one trait those who knew him have described, it is that Spengler never hid his criminal past.

“He called himself ‘The Neighborhood Criminal,’ sometimes ‘The Friendly Neighborhood Criminal,’ ” said Renee Gascon, 37, who was raised in the house on the other side of Spengler’s and whose parents still lived there until it burned to the ground this week.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com...2270047/william-spengler-webster-firefighters

Yeesh.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SacramentoKing
Back