NY NY - Yvette Leonard, 56, her roommate said she left a friend's house, has dementia & schizophrenia, no money, Patchogue, 13 Jun 2024

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
448821730_984099907049445_5886235722592877846_n.jpg

JUN 21 article

A 56-year-old Patchogue woman has been missing for eight days and her son is growing more and more anxious to find her.

“It’s about to be 8 days that my mom is missing and I have absolutely no leads,” Malyk Leonard posted on Facebook Thursday night. “I don’t understand how this is possible. A woman with no money, literally has nothing with her, except the clothes on her back, just goes missing.”

More at Patchogue woman, 56, missing for eight days; son desperately searching

JUN 24 article

Yvette Leonard has been missing since the night of June 13. Her family said she suffers from schizophrenia and dementia, and is bipolar. A missing person report for Yvette Leonard was filed on June 18.

JUN 24 article

Malyk Leonard, says his mother’s roommate claims his mom was last seen leaving a friend’s house in Patchogue on the night of June 13.

While the police have not publicly provided updates on the search for Yvette Leonard, her son is saying that he is being told by police that investigators are pulling additional camera footage from neighbors along the path between the last two places Leonard was seen — 64 Terry St. and 20 Edwards St. in Patchogue.

Detectives are also obtaining phones records and working to question people who previously claimed to have information Leonard’s disappearance, Malyk Leonard, who lives in Brooklyn, said in a Facebook post.

Meanwhile, “Missing person” flyers related to Leonard’s disappearance are posted on storefronts and utility poles across downtown Patchogue.

“The police were out looking for my mother today and following up on some potential leads, but my mother is still out there somewhere,” said Malyk Leonard, one of Yvette’s three adult children, said in a Facebook post Tuesday night. “Sorry, everyone. I wish I had more information.”

JUN 28

Suffolk Police arrested a man in connection to the human remains discovered Thursday afternoon in East Patchogue.

Police have not confirmed that the remains are those of Yvette Leonard, a 56-year-old Patchogue woman who has been missing for 15 days, but Leonard’s son Malyk has said publicly that the “deceased body found” is “believed to be my mother,” while qualifying his statement by adding the “identity of body not confirmed.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soraxtm
Back