NZ - Neil Gaiman sexual assault allegations July 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Cardgame

Reaction score

The Sandman and Good Omens author Neil Gaiman denies allegations of sexually abusive behaviour against two women during consensual relationships
03 Jul 2024

Author Neil Gaiman has denied allegations of sexually abusive behaviour against two women during consensual relationships.

According to an investigation for the Tortoise podcast hosted by journalist and broadcaster Rachel Johnson, the award-winning British writer was alleged to have sexually assaulted one of the women within hours of their first meeting, when she was 22 and he was 61.

She made a complaint to police about him, although he was never interviewed or accused of any criminal offence because of lack of evidence.

He has strenuously denied any sexual misconduct and any allegation of non-consensual sex.

Mr Gaiman, 63, is the author of books including The Sandman, American Gods and the children's book Coraline, and co-wrote Good Omens with author Terry Pratchett, which was later turned into a television series by the BBC and Amazon.

The women's allegations were revealed in a podcast series by Tortoise Media, 'Master: the allegations against Neil Gaiman', which made clear that both women were in consensual relationships with the writer.

They both claim they were subjected to physically painful and degrading sexual encounters during their relationships with Mr Gaiman.

One of the women told the podcast they had a three-week sexual relationship and that he told her: 'I'm your master. Call me master.'

She said he had choked her and that one encounter was so painful that she lost consciousness, and that she found it 'abhorrent and degrading'.

The woman said she met Mr Gaiman in 2022 while he was married to his then wife Amanda Palmer.

The pair were in an open marriage and lived in separate houses on the exclusive island of Waiheke, near Auckland.

The woman alleged when she arrived at Mr Gaiman's house the writer sexually assaulted her that night.

But the podcast featured a message she sent him the next day, in which she wrote: 'Thank you for a lovely, lovely night. Wow x.'

Both women claim they were subjected to physically painful and degrading sexual encounters during their relationships with Mr Gaiman.

THREE more women have come forward with allegations.

"The allegations come weeks after Gaiman strongly denied allegations of "non-consensual sex" and "sexual assault" reported in an investigation by Tortoise.

In an episode of a separate podcast by counsellor Papillon DeBoer, released on 28th July, another woman alleged that the author "groomed and sexually coerced and manipulated" her. She spoke with the host of "Am I Broken: Survivor Stories", in an episode entitled "I Ignored It and I Believed Him Because He’s the Storyteller [Neil Gaiman]"."

Yes quite. Very strange.

There is now ANOTHER allegation on the tortoise media podcast.

This time he is recorded on tape, he all but admits SA and offers to pay the victim £60K. He also offers to make a hefty donation to a rape crisis centre, but then apparently never followed through:(.

It's all very shocking. I was a fan too.

Production paused on Neil Gaiman's Good Omens following allegations.

"
EXCLUSIVE: Production has been paused on the third and final season of fantasy drama Good Omens, the Neil Gaiman drama for Amazon that’s shooting in Scotland.

Deadline is hearing there are discussions about possible production changes. A spokesperson would not comment.

News about the future of Good Omen comes less than a week after Disney put a planned feature adaptation of Gaiman’s 2008 YA title The Graveyard Book on pause amid a series of sexual assault allegations against the award-winning author. (Insiders said multiple factors went into the decision). Gaiman has denied the allegations and said he was “disturbed” by them."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ND84
Back