OCSO NEWS CONFERENCE @ 4:50 pm

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, I hope LE, regular citizens, and search organizations have all learned something from this. Never assume that anyone is really doing a thorough job, especially when lots of different people are involved bossing each other around and not following through from where they should have started to begin with. They had Kiomarie's statement, an actual sighting from a credible county worker, it was very close to home, and even the suspect herself sort of tipped them off with the "close to home" comment. Everyone in charge just threw up their hands and gave up. Maybe there's too many chiefs and not enough Indians.

Guys, we received advance notice of D day as well...amongst all of the traffic in the ether. I mean really-to me the key is that they have the remains now and she didn't get a chance to get back there and either break them up further or move them again.

Peace...

Unfortunately we could never get anywhere near where the remains were found and had planned on going back in Jan. after it dried out.

Another clarification, it wasn't just the water, look at the photos BEFORE the OCSO cleared the area. Then imagine up to 3 feet of water in that jungle. No boats, no horses, no atv's.

In retrospect, it is best that there wasn't more effort put into trying to forge through that mess. The evidence, if even found, would have been damaged beyond hope. Tim Miller called it right.

wow thats bad news for the conspiracists

It does totally make sense now, doesn't it? I thought it was divine intervention, but now we know that there was more to it than that.

:clap: :clap: I agree he deserves a reward. CrimeLine said he couldn't get a reward from them, because 911 was called. Well, there you go CrimeLine. He did call you.

LP agrees with you. He just said on NG that he also thought it was divine intervention when the body was found. Now he thinks someone told the meter reader where to find the body. :eek:

LP agrees with you. He just said on NG that he also thought it was divine intervention when the body was found. Now he thinks someone told the meter reader where to find the body. :eek:

Are you being rude? :( I know you don't like LP, but I think a lot of people thought the same thing before this info came out.

How much time passed between the time that he saw the bag and the time when LE came to check out the tip? If he could see it, why couldn't they?

I don't understand that either, Chilly. Also, like you mentioned in another post, why couldn't the meter reader lead LE to the bag?? This case just get's stranger by the minute.:eek:

I am sure the more time passes the more we know. Speculation is a beatch.

Are you being rude? :( I know you don't like LP, but I think a lot of people thought the same thing before this info came out.

No, I don't know why you'd ask that. I have no problem with anyone, including LP, saying they believe God led the meter reader to Caylee's remains. LP is now saying he no longer believes that, he thinks someone tipped off the meter reader.

LP was also certain she was in the river. Pass the salt (large grain variety).

disclaimer: love lp... love him and his dedication but his predictions... again... pass the salt

Sure seems like it was known she was there and just needed to wait for the water and mud to dry up, simple.

I think meter dude had the hinkies and as soon as the water receded and he had the free time (and could sneek off during work hours) he was back out to see what he could see.

Just my guesstimations tho

It would be a huge stretch of imagination to think someone tippped off the meter reader. In teh first place. he couldnt recieve the reward.. second,, the discovery implicates him and i dont think he would volunteer to be in that seat. We all know that a wet or muddy trash bag tends to form around whatever is inside.. and this may have been the case.. "wow that looks creepy". Its human nature to return to something that strikes us as unusual, especially if the bag remained there for a time. More media spin and sensationalism.

McSev, on the OSCO press thread posted the following. Until we know all the meter dude facts they are moot imhoo

Originally Posted by McSev
What you've said is very applicable. Apparently (and maybe someone in Orlando or the surrounding area can confirm this), WFTV broke in with breaking news about an hour or so ago on their station locally, or so I have heard, with the following:

- The County's spokesman called the WFTV and told them they had the wrong name for the meter reader
- The meter reader who reported the finding last week is not the same as the one who reported the tips back in August
- The meter-reader is NOT the name Gonzalez as reported before
- They didn't give the meter readers's name, and he's making a public appearance tomorrow
- The meter reader has an attorney at County's expense..

ETA: I didn't see this personally, but someone in Orlando is stating this is what happened. Just wanna be clear. Confirmations welcome.

Originally Posted by Stardust View Post
Could this have been the Deputy that Cayce was dating and later got fired ??
Could he have played a part in this ?

I am awaiting in fear of that very thing. However, I think they are both OPD, not OCSO so there's hope.

No, AR was with OCSO. In the article from August 26th, it refers to AR as a DEPUTY. Only Sheriff's offices called their people "deputy". OCPD would call their people "officer". J Grund was the one with OCPD.

"Officials said Deputy Anthony R......... was fired for untruthfulness."

http://www.wesh.com/news/17303070/detail.html

Here's a video regarding his firing:

http://daliagirl33.wordpress.com/2008/08/26/deputy-fired-for-lying-about-relationship-with-casey/

Possibly more info is listed in that document dump, or elsewhere on Websleuths.

It would be a huge stretch of imagination to think someone tippped off the meter reader. In teh first place. he couldnt recieve the reward.. second,, the discovery implicates him and i dont think he would volunteer to be in that seat. We all know that a wet or muddy trash bag tends to form around whatever is inside.. and this may have been the case.. "wow that looks creepy". Its human nature to return to something that strikes us as unusual, especially if the bag remained there for a time. More media spin and sensationalism.

I don't see how it implicates him.

He's a hero in many eyes. He has done a good thing.

Right now, it is gossip and speculation which implicates him, mostly.:)jmho

I believe the forensic entomologists on the side of the prosecution will be key in this case.
They will be able to determine how long that body has been in those woods.

Guys, we received advance notice of D day as well...amongst all of the traffic in the ether. I mean really-to me the key is that they have the remains now and she didn't get a chance to get back there and either break them up further or move them again.

Peace...

I was an Indian!!! woowoowoo!! I went to Hawk's Hollow, and churches, and parks, and no - not here - had too many people tell me it had already been "cleared"....next time I won't listen and will go anyway -

OH I didn't just say next time!!!! Never again - nooooo next time!!!

Tonight on Nancy Grace, according to WKMG's Jessice D'Onofrio (sp?), the meter reader was working on the area in August, then was reassigned to another area, and is NOW working in that area again. That must be why he didn't search between August and Dec., and just last week took another look.

Also, according to JD of WKMG, a deputy did respond to the area on Aug 11th, after the call on the 12th, they searched the records and found someone reportedly went out the day before, so no one went again. On the 13th, a male deputy again went out and met with the meter reader, also a female deputy responded but WAS SHOOED AWAY by the first guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbI9BSXAKgU

(5:50 - 8:58)

I'd investigate the "shoo" cop before I'd knock the meter reader. Is shoo cop another of KC's conquests?

The rest of NG Dec. 18th info on Caylee:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSOlg48FRiQ (somebody always has a spin :rolleyes:) Love how NG says the Defense (attorney) "whines......whines in court", which is exactly how he sounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCRuuHuxmLM

I was an Indian!!! woowoowoo!! I went to Hawk's Hollow, and churches, and parks, and no - not here - had too many people tell me it had already been "cleared"....next time I won't listen and will go anyway -

OH I didn't just say next time!!!! Never again - nooooo next time!!!

Let's just say, in the future, you'll trust your instincts, no matter what.

Oddly, several people were interested in that area, including myself, but we were told it had been searched. Just last week before the discovery, we began looking more closely (myself on computer), so I'm thinking it was the right time for the discovery to finally and ultimately be made.

cocoamom, don't overlook the wonderful work you did. In fact, you kept many of us interested in scouting the areas "previously searched and cleared". My hat's off to ya', dear lady.

I still wonder if Casey actually did visit that church area on Goldenrod at times, before and after Caylee's death, because it seemed to be calling you so strongly?

No, I don't know why you'd ask that. I have no problem with anyone, including LP, saying they believe God led the meter reader to Caylee's remains. LP is now saying he no longer believes that, he thinks someone tipped off the meter reader.

He should have stayed with divine intervention. That's what I think too. Does anyone know when we will be told of the results from Quantico?

I don't see how it implicates him.

He's a hero in many eyes. He has done a good thing.

Right now, it is gossip and speculation which implicates him, mostly.:)jmho

MiraclesHappen~ I think you misunderstood my meaning. I totally agree that this meter reader had nothing to do with the death or hiding of Caylee. When I said that it "implicated" him, I meant in the eyes of many, especially those of the defense team or those who leap to conclusions. And this is exactly what has happened.. since he now needs an attorney. Perhaps I should have said it would land him in the "hot seat".

Absolutely no malice intended towards this man who did the right thing... and I believe I WAS defending him in my post.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dr_snuff
Back