Off the wall theories that have crossed your mind

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
But must they compulsively derail every single thread, is my point. It's as bad currently as it has been in the past, re some who think WM3 are guilty, IYKWIM.

There are obviously people out there with other theories and suspects - a few have poked their voices in lately that I have not seen post here before - and my concern is that they are getting shouted down. It would be nice if people didn't have their opinions sneered at or belittled, too. Debate is one thing. Saying someone's opinion is a "waste of time" is another altogether.

I think we can change this section of the forum from somewhere people tend to avoid to a great place for discussion, if we can all keep our manners about ourselves a bit, and for goodness' sake, stay on topic

(she says, while contributing to this ongoing derailment.... :facepalm: )

Here's another OTW theory: the killer was a cop. Don't know why he wanted to kill three little boys. Maybe they saw him doing something illegal/immoral. However, this thought did cross my mind at one time. Knowing how "justice" works in small towns and the power of the "gool ol' boy" network, it's inside the realm of possibility, though.

<respectfully snipped>

My experience over the years of researching/discussing this case is that those who are convinced that Damien, Jason and Jessie are guilty are just as stubborn as some who believe the killer to be TH. I've come to my conclusion after years of research, including changing my mind as to the guilty party because new information came to light. Too many people have formed opinions based solely on the 1993/94 evidence - the trial transcripts being the primary part of that evidence - and have refused to look at anything else. If someone can provide information that shows that there is a more likely suspect than TH, I will gladly look at it and, if warranted, change my mind again. That's what intelligent people do, after all.

Yes -- 2 wrongs do not make a right, and both sides are guilty. That's why I only try to look at what's given in this case, as opposed to picking a person and working backwards to prove that person did it. I do that now because I made the mistake of doing that with JMB. I was absolutely convinced he did it, like many are with TH. I will not make that same mistake again.

Back on topic, not sure if this is "OTW" stuff, but the Kim Williams' sighting of the boys entering the woods, where 3 older boys exited (2 black, one white) has always stuck with me. I believe that MM's sister also said she saw these 3 older boys; and they were exiting from the spot that the 3 missing boys were last seen. I can't really rule these 3 out as suspects, but can the sightings (by 2 small children) be trusted? The WMPD had a theory that there were 2 boys who painted their faces black, who were mistaken to be African Americans by the girls. I guess one can consider this off-the-wall in that, why would these 3 teenagers be capable of this crime? They were teens at the time, just like the WM3. Also, doesn't this theory just play into the WMPD's BS theory that this was a satanic ritual?

My OTW theory went like this:

Two days later, after watching "West of Memphis", I was convinced this story was a film script. "The Truman Show" came to mind, and I had a very strong feeling this was made up by the media. A bit like a fake moon landing I suppose. The story was so crazy it coudn't be true. Cameras were put up in West Memohis, everybody played their parts, and the object was to see how the world reacted, and to see how many people would buy the Bull****. Like a new kind of media "sick joke".

The happy end would be, that the boys were still alive and were grown ups, that DE JB, and JMK were all in good health leading normal lives, and that no harm was done to anyone. After a couple of hours of internet research, I realised this was not a sick joke but a "sick reality" that I had missed for 20 years.

As this is "off the wall" I always found the statements of the witness, BKW, puzzling. To notice the spikey hair of one boy is one thing. However, to notice more information, including the skateboard is something else. This while speeding down a road and along a curve has always caught my attention. Although there is a purported alibi for part of the evening, I do wonder where and if BKW left his wife and child to meet up with the three boys after 7:00 p.m. Just wondering...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14
Back