Off the wall theories that have crossed your mind

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hadn't, either, but I do wonder now!

The thing with MM's father is that, yes, I realize it is extremely unlikely he was involved -- but the thing that always gets me is that, even if that is the case (that he wasn't involved), he (just like TH) should have been thoroughly investigated nonetheless. I always find it somewhat ironic how up-in-arms people can (understandably) get about the WMPD's lack of investigating pertaining strictly to TH. I agree with that, but I also believe that every single parent should have been thoroughly investigated -- mothers and fathers.

Whilst I do not subscribe to his opinion of the guilty parties here (!) I cannot, for the life of me, interpret his reluctance to play a 'public' role in the ongoing story of the death of the three boys, as a possible 'red flag'. There are plenty of new suporters around at the moment with a great deal of hard slog catching up to do - let us not confuse them more by even hinting for a second that another paternal figure might be a potential perp JMO

I agree wholeheartedly, Miranda!

I agree wholeheartedly, Miranda!

me too there's absolutely no evidence linking him (TM )to the crime. I can only attribute his lack of wanting to be in the public eye and his adamance about having caught right men to be about putting the crimes behind him and moving on with things.

West Memphis does not strike me as the sort of impoverished community that anyone, considered as just rumoured to be a police grass, would be looked upon too kindly!!

me too there's absolutely no evidence linking him (TM )to the crime.

Well, the thread is about "off the wall" theories, those things that have crossed your mind and you went "nah".... Or considered, and then they were disproved. Etc, etc. No hardcore theory here!

So no-one's really making an argument for TM's involvement.

I don't want to further derail this thread, but one thing I'd like to say is that, AFAIK, TM was investigated and cleared. I don't have a link, but I'm pretty sure that his time logs were checked to verify his absence from West Memphis at the time. The only reason, IMO, he could remain a suspect is if the TOD could be definitively established as being after 6 am on May 6th, which is when he returned to West Memphis, IIRC.

IMO, JMB was likewise investigated and cleared (although I know others disagree). IIRC, the "natural" fathers of SB and CB were likewise cleared of the crime. The only male parental figure who was not investigated and cleared was TH. When this fact is considered in conjunction with other physical evidence that has been revealed since the crimes (bite mark, mtDNA), IMO clearing TH should be the focus of any investigation and/or discussion. Although I'm open to new information about others, IMO clearing TH should take precedence. I'd love for someone to provide proof (from someone other than TH) of his whereabouts at certain critical times on May 5th and 6th. I cannot, and that's why he remains at the top of my suspect list.

As to the mothers, although I'm not naive enough to believe, as they did in Fall River, Massachusetts, that a woman is incapable of such a crime, historically, women don't usually murder by using strength, which is how these murders occurred. Maybe that's why the mothers were never investigated. JMO

^ I know the WMPD has displayed incompetence in many facets of this case, but even so; I find it hard to believe that the WMPD would go out of their way to thoroughly investigate and clear all of the male father figures in this case, except TH. Just my opinion.

I am new to WS and this case, in fact. I agree that TH should be investigated. The few months that I have been researching this case, I have been drawn to JG Hollingsworth. I can't believe that the WMPD cleared people like him who were so obviously lying (conflicting stories with family and failed alibi) AND failed their polygraphs...not that I believe in polygraphs, but the WMPD surely jumped on JKM when he allegedly failed. This case is so complicated with a botched initial investigation, and so many years have passed. I doubt that it will ever be solved.

I have to agree with some of the earlier posts. I've always thought it was remotely possible an unknown killer who drives a truck, saw an opportunity, and went for it. One thing that still makes me wonder, is the boys missing underwear. We know a lot of killers like taking things from their victims as a sick trophy. As for outlandish theories, what if it was a racially motivated crime, and the killers were some black kids who would also play in those woods ? And one of the parents helped hide, then dispose the bodies, to protect their sons from arrest. And maybe the cops didn't go down that road, because they feared racial tensions exploding if some black kids were arrested. One of the victims had a hair on his body that came from a black person, and lets not forget Bojangles. Was it really gross incompetence that made the Detectives lose the evidence from bojangles, or did they do so on purpose? Needless to say, I definitely think it was someone the kids knew.

just the facts 22:

First of all, welcome to the pleasuredome. Come on in and put your feet up! :fence:

Yes LG was a very suspicious charachter. Indeed he was twice implicated as one of the Perps, but he took his secrets with him.

quote from jivepuppi: http://www.jivepuppi.com/lg_hollingsworth.htm

"Fellow inmate Timothy Cotten said Hollingsworth had confessed to him, saying Damien and LG killed the children in retaliation against Mark Byers for a drug deal gone bad. The police dismissed Cotten's statement, saying he was looking for a deal."

Quote from:http://www.capitalpunishmentbook.com/?p=851

"The unnamed attorney based his assertion on an affidavit by a man named Bernie Guy. According to Guy, there were four men involved in the murders, two of whom confessed to him. He said the four men were: Hobbs, Buddy Lucas, David Jacoby and L.G. Hollingsworth. Guy said that Lucas confessed to him nearly a year after the murders; and that Hollingsworth confessed to him a year later when the two shared a cell in the Crittenden County Jail and after he mentioned Lucas’s confession to Hollingsworth."

quote from jivepuppi: http://www.jivepuppi.com/lg_hollingsworth.html

"LG Hollingsworth, Jr. died in an automobile accident on October 26, 2001 at the age of 25."

Jivepuppi's comments on the subject of LG seem quite feasible to me.

^ I know the WMPD has displayed incompetence in many facets of this case, but even so; I find it hard to believe that the WMPD would go out of their way to thoroughly investigate and clear all of the male father figures in this case, except TH. Just my opinion.

However, it appears that that is just what happened, odd as it seems. Again, I ask my age-old (it seems) question, "Why was TH not investigated?" It's possible that it was sheer incompetence, but I believe that it was something more and that, when it is discovered why TH was "overlooked," we will have all the answers!

However, it appears that that is just what happened, odd as it seems. Again, I ask my age-old (it seems) question, "Why was TH not investigated?" It's possible that it was sheer incompetence, but I believe that it was something more and that, when it is discovered why TH was "overlooked," we will have all the answers!
Agreed. Why else would they be SO reluctant to even consider the possibility of TH as a possible suspect unless it was a coverup? It's always felt like LE was merely going through the motions.

TH theory is like the borg. Sooner or later, it assimilates all threads. :\

TH theory is like the borg. Sooner or later, it assimilates all threads. :\

Resistance is futile.

I, too, am way to stuck on why he wasn't investigated at all. Like, AT ALL. There's just nothing until that sorry excuse of an interview that was conducted in 2007.
All roads seem to lead to TH, whether we like it or not. Won't derail this thread further though.

All roads just seem to point back to him. There always a "chance" it could have been someone totally random.

Not in my view, necessarily, anyway. It's because he's (what I like to call) the "Big Foot" of this case.

Les Stroud (Survivorman: In Search of Big Foot) said it best (paraphrasing): for some people, everything they hear (in the woods, when searching for Big Foot) is Big Foot; everything they see (broken trees, craters) is Big Foot -- they are so transfixed on Big Foot, that it completely clouds their vision on anything else and hinders their need to be truly objective about the case than they once were.

No doubt this will rub people the wrong way -- that wasn't my intention, and I apologize, if so -- but I just saw this on TV and it immediately made me think of this case. People have their answer already to this case: TH. When they hear of another theory, they shut it out as TH; without hesitation. That's their right, but I gotta agree with Ausgirl, it gets tedious at times.

<respectfully snipped>

No doubt this will rub people the wrong way -- that wasn't my intention, and I apologize, if so -- but I just saw this on TV and it immediately made me think of this case. People have their answer already to this case: TH. When they hear of another theory, they shut it out as TH; without hesitation. That's their right, but I gotta agree with Ausgirl, it gets tedious at times.

My experience over the years of researching/discussing this case is that those who are convinced that Damien, Jason and Jessie are guilty are just as stubborn as some who believe the killer to be TH. I've come to my conclusion after years of research, including changing my mind as to the guilty party because new information came to light. Too many people have formed opinions based solely on the 1993/94 evidence - the trial transcripts being the primary part of that evidence - and have refused to look at anything else. If someone can provide information that shows that there is a more likely suspect than TH, I will gladly look at it and, if warranted, change my mind again. That's what intelligent people do, after all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14
Back