Found Alive OH - A. C., 14, Barberton, 4 Dec 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Poor girl. Though she doesn't realise it, she has been so badly abused.

I’m not sure if this is a direct quote but the U.S. Marshals Service said very specifically “We are not giving her back to her mother.”
Italics mine

I’m glad she got a public smack down, even though I expect this includes the entire family.

Hopefully one of the aunts that posted the wanted posters and was concerned will get custody.
IMO some of his family should be charged for assisting. that's why he returned JMO
And the mom's last FB post makes me want to barf.

The US Marshalls aren't giving her back to her mother, they're giving her to CPS.

Then CPS will give her back to her mother.
SABBM

That's discouraging.
AC lived in a toxic environment. I hope they (CPS) and other concerned relatives keep tabs on her in case of god knows what ...going on in her mother's home !!!!!
:moo:

Or, right now, her heart is wanting her "baby-daddy" to be safe because she is convinced he is "The One".
If this is the truth, which imo is likely, she might not cooperate as a victim.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Some posts containing discussion of social media comments/rumors have been removed.

Please stick with MSM or announcements by LE.

Thanks.

I hate to add a new wrinkle to this messed up situation, but LJ took AC to Virgina. I did some sleuthing of marriage laws there and came up with this:

The consent of your parent or guardian is needed if you are a minor (under*18) unless you have been married before. The minimum age at which you can marry, even with parental consent, is16*(except in the case of pregnancy, verified by a doctor's certificate).Aug 28, 2017

Marriage in Virginia - Virginia State Bar

Did HC give AC consent to marry LJ. Virgina does allow 1st cousins to marry.

I hate to add a new wrinkle to this messed up situation, but LJ took AC to Virgina. I did some sleuthing of marriage laws there and came up with this:

The consent of your parent or guardian is needed if you are a minor (under*18) unless you have been married before. The minimum age at which you can marry, even with parental consent, is16*(except in the case of pregnancy, verified by a doctor's certificate).Aug 28, 2017

Marriage in Virginia - Virginia State Bar

Did HC give AC consent to marry LJ. Virgina does allow 1st cousins to marry.

Nice work! And if they are married, is he off the hook regarding the charges in her case? Of course, he has other charges to face. But why the false report and hoopla? Couldn’t they have just quietly gone to Virginia and come back? I don’t think AC was reported missing when she was with him earlier, was she? Maybe HC was afraid he wouldn’t bring her back this time. There’s no figuring with her.

Nice work! And if they are married, is he off the hook regarding the charges in her case? Of course, he has other charges to face. But why the false report and hoopla? Couldn’t they have just quietly gone to Virginia and come back? I don’t think AC was reported missing when she was with him earlier, was she? Maybe HC was afraid he wouldn’t bring her back this time. There’s no figuring with her.

Even if his involvement in AC’s case was dismissed he still faces charges of stealing a car, switching the plates and evading plus the warrants out there... he will still be looking at 10-15 [emoji848][emoji848] JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if his involvement in AC’s case was dismissed he still faces charges of stealing a car, switching the plates and evading plus the warrants out there... he will still be looking at 10-15 [emoji848][emoji848] JMO

Absolutely. I was just thinking of custodial interference and whatever sex charge there might be. He’s in big trouble even if those are dropped.

Or maybe LJ (and/or AC) pissed her off and she filed the report to "get revenge" for whatever injustice she felt had been done to her. She knew LE would be aggressive in their pursuit to apprehend him and send him back to jail. If she was also upset with AC, it might explain why she initially claimed that AC hit her before she jumped in the car with LJ.

How are marriage laws applied across states exactly? For example, say two OH residents get legally married in the state of VA and return to OH. Would Ohio recognize the marriage as a legal union, and therefore, treat them as such as it relates to other state specific statutes? Or would they consider the marriage to be null and void (so to speak) because they don't meet the requirements in the state of Ohio? (I'm utterly clueless about applying the law when it comes to situations like this)

Or maybe LJ (and/or AC) pissed her off and she filed the report to "get revenge" for whatever injustice she felt had been done to her. She knew LE would be aggressive in their pursuit to apprehend him and send him back to jail. If she was also upset with AC, it might explain why she initially claimed that AC hit her before she jumped in the car with LJ.

How are marriage laws applied across states exactly? For example, say two OH residents get legally married in the state of VA and return to OH. Would Ohio recognize the marriage as a legal union, and therefore, treat them as such as it relates to other state specific statutes? Or would they consider the marriage to be null and void (so to speak) because they don't meet the requirements in the state of Ohio? (I'm utterly clueless about applying the law when it comes to situations like this)

Good question! And also, is the marriage part of the law retroactive to the beginning of the relationship? Meaning, is the sex crime nul & void because he married her later, or is it only the relations that occurred after the marriage that are now legal? Seems like an awfully big loophole to the benefit of the offender if it's the former.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Grrrrrr....The trouble with the internet is that it’s hard to tell the date of information. Until 2016, AC and LJ could have married in VA with parental permission if AC is pregnant. But I just discovered that the law changed and she would have to misrepresent her age to have married. Getting AC a fake ID might not have been difficult for LJ.

https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Socie...child-marriages-How-common-are-they-in-the-US

I found that it’s extremely difficult to get current information about each state. A couple of states looked possible on a Wikipedia list, but digging deeper, maybe not.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6
Back