Found Deceased OH- Alaina Camacho, 18, & Nathan Orona, 20, Cleveland, 1 Feb 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Nathan's last name is Orona, not Orono (title of this thread is incorrect).

Nathan Orona has a court case coming up in Cuyahoga County (he lives in Lorain County, Alaina leaves in Cuyahoga County). The arrest was in November 2020 in Parma, which is a Cleveland suburb.

ARRAIGNMENT SET FOR 04/05/2021 AT 08:30 AM IN ROOM CP ARRAIGNMENT ROOM JC 12FL

Charge descriptions:
CARRYING CONCEALED WEAPONS
IMPROPERLY HANDLING FIREARMS IN A MOTOR VEHICLE

However, it looks like the arraignment was originally scheduled for Feb 4 and then rescheduled. Did these two get outta dodge to avoid his hearing?

Lorain man, Cleveland woman missing, family hopes for their safe return

At a Feb. 17 news conference at Sacred Heart Chapel, 4301 Pearl Avenue in Lorain, family members asked for the community's help to ensure Camacho and Orona return safely.

They were last seen leaving the Sheffield Estates apartments in Lorain, according to a news release.

Family and friends have not heard from either person since.

Nathan's last name is Orona, not Orono (title of this thread is incorrect).

Nathan Orona has a court case coming up in Cuyahoga County (he lives in Lorain County, Alaina leaves in Cuyahoga County). The arrest was in November 2020 in Parma, which is a Cleveland suburb.

ARRAIGNMENT SET FOR 04/05/2021 AT 08:30 AM IN ROOM CP ARRAIGNMENT ROOM JC 12FL

Charge descriptions:
CARRYING CONCEALED WEAPONS
IMPROPERLY HANDLING FIREARMS IN A MOTOR VEHICLE

However, it looks like the arraignment was originally scheduled for Feb 4 and then rescheduled. Did these two get outta dodge to avoid his hearing?
Well, I could see the two of them disappearing to avoid going to court. Especially if he suspected he would have to serve time in jail?

MAR 4, 2021
Families of missing NE Ohio couple receive texts demanding money, threatening to kill loved ones (fox8.com)
  • Nathan and good friend Alaina were last seen at Nathan’s apartment complex on O’Neil Boulevard in Lorain.
  • Per Alaina’s sister, SC, the two were supposed to get together to hang out.
  • They haven’t been seen or heard from since, and their phones have been turned off or out of reach.
  • Per police report, SC received a text message at around midnight Feb. 27. The text said that if she or her family ever wanted to see her sister alive again, they needed to send $7,000 via Apple Pay.
  • The texts said Alaina would be killed if the rules were not followed, and if the money wasn’t sent, they should start planning her funeral.
  • The last person to see Alaina along with Nathan’s aunt also received similar texts. Nathan’s aunt said she received texts saying if she didn’t send money, Nathan would be killed.
  • The threats were reported to both Cleveland and Lorain police.
  • Alaina’s car is missing. It’s described as a 2004 gold Honda Accord four-door with Ohio license plate GTD9555. It is missing the front bumper from a recent accident.

I am super curious to know how the purported kidnappers knew - or learned - who to text (as well as the associated phone numbers of those family members) for both Nathan and Alaina. MOO
I dont know all the details here, but if the perp had their phones, it would probably be easy to figure out. My mother is listed as "mom" in my contacts.

Missing persons: Search continues for Lorain man, Cleveland woman

March 5
A news conference is scheduled for 11 a.m., March 5, at Sacred Heart Chapel where representatives from the Lorain County Sheriff’s Office will join Lorain Mayor Jack Bradley and members of the Lorain Police Department and Lorain Ward 6 Councilman Rey Carrion.

Family and friends of the missing youths have organized another group search from 1-4 p.m., March 7, the release said.

Volunteers will meet in the parking lot of the Boys & Girls Clubs Desich Family Campus, 4111 Pearl Ave., to search wooded areas, alleys, abandoned properties and the shores of the Black River.

I thought about that but the texts were sent to Nathan's aunt and Alaina's sister so it seems a little odd to me. Never know, though. MOO
Also reading past text messages with a lot of "I love you"s would indicate who might be willing to cough up ransom.

Do cells still have emergency contacts listed? Mine is old, lol.

Also reading past text messages with a lot of "I love you"s would indicate who might be willing to cough up ransom.

I'm the world's worst with phones, Flossy! But, I see after googling that mine does. It's within the Health app which I have never bothered to look at, lol. MOO

I know iPhones include emergency contacts if you choose. For example I have my husband, father, and actually one of my aunts as emergency contacts. If anyone were to look at my phone’s contact list, they’d easily see who they were due to the bold red astrick by each name.

I wonder why they decided upon 7,000 for the ransom. A curious figure. Presumably they think this will be the affordable amount.

It’s not much though when weighed against the risk of kidnap charges, is it?

MAR 5, 2021
11AM: Family, police hold news conference regarding missing pair from Northeast Ohio (news5cleveland.com)
[...]

Members of the Lorain County Sheriff's Office, Lorain Police Department, Lorain Mayor Jack Bradley and Lorain City Ward 6 Councilman Rey Carrion will join the missing pair's friends and family Friday morning for a news conference in Lorain.

The event is at 11 a.m. at Sacred Heart Chapel, 4301 Pearl Ave.

You can watch it in the live player below around 11 a.m.

[...]

Friends and family of the pair have organized a search for this weekend. It is scheduled to happen this Sunday from 1 to 4 p.m. Searchers will meet at the Boys and Girls Club, 4111, Pearl Ave., Lorain and check nearby wooded areas, alleys, abandoned buildings and the Black River.

SO is it possible that she was in a jam with someone else, like owing money or something else, she called nathan for help, he ran to her aid, literally and got caught in the mess with her.
It sounds "funny" for lack of better word. the amount is so weird. Like not $10k or $5k. Almost like they are "paying" for a debt.
I think the car would be in a garage or hidden somewhere. possibly under water?
I don't know what to think, it might have crossed my mind that it could be "fake" and it's the amount that I am stuck in. Not some insane amount, but also not pocket change, you know.
Sorry my mind is all over this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michavery
Back