Found Deceased OH - Amber Evans, 28, Columbus, missing after domestic dispute, 28 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A very long but worth the read article about Amber.
April 10, 2019 ( Condo = Amber's boyfriend)

Cover: Remembering Amber Evans

[...]

While questions surrounding the exact circumstances of Evans’ death remain, most friends and family have come to accept it as suicide, and following discovery of her body, the healing process began for some ...

[...]

Condo said that on January 27, Evans told him she wanted to break up. The two shared a melancholy dinner at Roosters in German Village (Evans worked for the company for a time), during which Condo said he asked her to sleep on the decision. Following work the next day, Evans returned to the couple’s rental in Olde Towne East sometime between 5:45 and 6:15 p.m., at which point Condo said Evans informed him that she still wanted to end the relationship.

“I’m crying, and she’s reminding me of all the things we’ve given each other, and saying that this doesn’t change anything, and that she still loves me and it’s going to be OK,” Condo said. “And she asked me, she said, ‘Can you still call my mom and Nana from time to time? Because I know they’d like to hear from you.’ And I thought, ‘That’s super weird. We can even all go to dinner, if you want.’ ... Then she said she was going for a drive.”

An hour and a half later, Condo received a text message that read, “I’m sorry. I love you.” Soon after, a call followed from Fischer, who had received a similar text message from Evans, setting off panic amid friends and family, who started to search the city, focusing on places she enjoyed walking, including Franklin Park and the Scioto Mile.

Later that evening, Evans’ silver 2013 Chevy Sonic was discovered near the Scioto River, abandoned.

“We all went down to the Scioto Mile and looked for her until like 4 in the morning,” Condo said through tears. “I’ve never been so scared or traumatized in my whole life. I was just screaming for her, and I just wanted her to answer. We never disputed about a *advertiser censored* thing, ever. We never argued. It was always love.”

The next day, Condo checked his email, finding a message from Evans, copied to friend and roommate Stacey Little, that contained a link to a Google document in which Evans spelled out an intent to harm herself.

It would be another two months before her body was found.

[...]

"From the very first moment I spoke with a detective on day one, he said it looked like one of three things,” Brian Peters said. ”‘It looks like she either [died by] suicide, somebody did something to her and staged it to look like a suicide, or she staged her own suicide and then reset her life.’”

Condo, meanwhile, has been forced to deal with suspicion and online threats fueled in part by sensationalistic TV reports on programs such as “Dateline,” as well as the initial police statement citing a “domestic dispute.” (Commander Alex Behnen of the police Special Victims Bureau said the descriptor was simply police terminology noting there had been some kind of verbal exchange between the two, adding that he’d weigh the usage of the phrase in the future.) ...

[...]

"Since Amber went missing, I have seen and witnessed people step up and take charge and lead,” Fournier Alsaada said. “Her footprint is all over this city. ... Amber is all over this country, and everybody has a piece of her, and it’s near and dear to them.”

[...]

A podcast was recently released that I have yet to listen to, but as far as I’ve been able to find, the last link that was posted on this thread had a lot of new info.
A lot of her activism and work is being talked about... our world needs more leaders like Amber. Her short life was not in vain-her work was bold and inspired and continues to inspire many.
Rip beautiful soul, you are not forgotten.

Community activist Amber Evans had toxic levels of over-the-counter drugs in her system when she drowned in the Scioto River, the Franklin County Coroner’s Office said in an autopsy report released on Thursday.

The report concluded that the 28-year-old Evans, who was reported missing Jan. 28, likely died by suicide.

Community activist Amber Evans' death ruled likely suicide

In the days leading up to her disappearance, Evans was going about her usual routine, and Fischer, who once worked with suicidal individuals as a crisis intervention counselor for Maryhaven, believes that people who are planning suicide generally don’t go about their lives as if nothing has changed.

“It just doesn’t make sense,” she said.

I mean... when I was going to attempt suicide, I went about all my normal stuff. I didn't want anyone to know what I was up to.

I mean... when I was going to attempt suicide, I went about all my normal stuff. I didn't want anyone to know what I was up to.
Thank you so much for sharing, kelsie. That was me, too, and for exactly the same reason as yours.

Also, when your depression is at a point where it is obvious to those around that you are not well, you probably don’t even have enough energy to carry out suicide anyway, IMO. But it’s also true that no two deaths are the same.

Regardless, my heart goes out to Ms. Fischer. The worst thing that can happen to any parent is losing a child, IMO. I am so sorry for her pain and suffering.

Rest in Peace, Amber.

Just popping in to say that I’m thinking of Amber. Without having met her, she has influenced me and has helped me sustain my critical thinking of the world we live in daily. I’m so so sad about the actual content that brings us together here on websleuths, but it’s also magical to feel connections with empathetic people you’ve never met and sometimes the victims that you never will... eternally grateful, humbled, honored to be a part of a place that gives voices, love and energy to those missing, the beautiful souls that once graced their still living loved ones lives... their memories can be kept alive here if nowhere else...
Always thinking of the beauty we’ve lost and thinking of how we can keep the rest of the beauty sustained.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mysxoxo
Back