OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in shallow grave, Carlisle, 7 May 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Families don't speak about vagaries in a way to lecture one another in a way that sounds exactly like a father saying oh yeah, you have specifically hurt your baby before and a daughter saying I know I did. It really did not sound like they were talking about vague other unmentioned cases in the media at that point.

I'm going to say something cynical probably before retiring from this thread and this case because I'm getting annoyed, I really think some people hate the state so much they want to pretend like she didn't do it just cuz they don't want the state to win a case.

Just because the family Dynamic might be screwed or the parents might be abusive, it doesn't mean she didn't knowingly and intentionally kill her baby and that's not a criminal act. There are plenty of kids from abusive families that don't kill. There are plenty of bulimics that don't kill.

It's true. You have a point. I do think it's a criminal act and that some people don't choose such a "solution". But over the years I've learned that things are always more complex than we think. And that there are mitigators that can be at play.

Her age and her parents and the social structure of her town, etc., make me not want the harshest penalties for her. I admit that part of that is my own bias due to those cultural attitudes I cited before that cause us to perceive young women like this as less culpable.

I can admit that's likely at play in my thinking. But I'm not sure that's a bad thing.

The mother had a daughter getting a belly living in her own house for nine months. The mother got a call from the clinic that said her daughter was pregnant. The mother got a text from her daughter the day after the baby was gone talking about a huge weight loss overnight, but I have a theory nobody has mentioned yet. Everybody wants the mom to be the bad guy here but what if the mom is abused by the dad and therefore abuses the daughter? Sometimes abusive fathers will play the women of the house off each other. The father here looks like a nice guy but he might just be the one who's taking the strong controlling role... because that's what he does when they're out in public... we can't know everything by what we see in those interviews.

When I was a teenager girl, my dad was very abusive towards my mom and me but he would play us off each other and act like he was my buddy and she was being mean, when in reality, she defended me a lot more but didn't play Politics as well as him.

I remember feeling like I had some kind of agreement with my dad as a teenager that my mom was crazy, despite the fact that my dad was very physically abusive and mentally and emotionally abusive for a long time before, during, and after my adolescence... its a sick dynamic.

I think people here are naive to think they didn't know they were being recorded. They have seen cop shows. I also think that some of the way they act while they're supposed to not know they're being recorded is for the camera.

I think it is possible that they thought the cameras were off and that they could speak freely. Jmo

Unaware that LE is in another room watching what they say.

Is her shaking from moving her leg or foot nervously ..or is it from nerves ? Hard to tell.
She knew she was pregnant and had plenty of time to tell someone and get help and have a plan. She knew the baby would eventually come. Scared or not no excuse. imo.

Yep. Both mom and dad said they would support her.

I do not buy the I did not tell anyone because I was scared BS she is trying to pull.

The reason why she did not tell anyone is because she, imo intentionally and knowingly killed her child and if mommy and daddy found the body/remains in the backyard they would have alerted the authorities.

She wanted to go on with her life as if nothing happened. She didn't want to be inconvenienced with a child at all.

Jmo

Family dynamics….the 1st interview.
-------------------------------------------

DAD: You should have told us.

SKYLAR: I thought you’d be mad at me.

KIM (MOTHER): and we’re not now?

KIM: Kids get pregnant every day. Pregnancy is not the end of the world.

SKYLAR: I’m so sorry

DAD: What did they tell you?

SKYLAR: I think they want to know if I killed it myself.

KIM: Yah. You’ll go to jail.

SKYLAR: I didn’t though. I know.

SKYLAR: I promised them I didn’t do anything.

DAD: You know. But they don’t know.

KIM: You know, I had the perfect life..

DAD: Who is the father?

KIM: You lied to me about him (Tre). You lied to me about so much. And now you expect me (to go through this?).

SKYLAR: I didn’t lie…

DAD: You did lie…

SKYLAR: Not about…I didn’t hurt her.

DAD: Here’s the thing. What’s done is done. It would have been so much better if you’d told us. They’re over there digging up something we had no idea was there. Your mother didn’t even know you were pregnant.

DAD: Can you imagine the horror of what we just went through, not knowing what was going on?

SKYLAR: Yes. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry.

DAD: I know you’re sorry, honey, but lying is….

SKYLAR: I was completely honest with them.

DAD: But you lied to US.

KIM: I could have helped you.

SKYLAR: I know but you would have been so mad at me

DAD: The thing is, we can’t fix this. There isn’t anything we can…

KIM: You’ll go to jail. It’s in the papers. It’s everywhere. The neighbors already called me. And I know she’s telling me that they’re digging up in the back yard. You’re going to be in the news. How do you think (lists family member names) will feel?

SKYLAR: Mom, please support me. I didn’t..

KIM: Skylar, I am supporting you. I’m just saying…

DAD: (father wrestles with why didn’t you tell us) I know you’re sorry. I know you didn’t mean it. But you have to understand this is the worst possible scenario you could possibly have put us in

SKYLAR: I know. I’m sorry. I’ll do anything to fix it.

DAD: You can’t.

SKYLAR: I know

DAD: Do you swear you never looked up anything on the internet about that kind of thing?

SKYLAR: No. I told them everything.

SKYLAR: They’re going to take me to prison.

KIM: Yes, you gave to be prepared for that.

DAD: No. stop. Let’s not go there yet.

SKYLAR: Mommy, I love you.

KIM: Skylar, I love you. (flatly, almost mocking Skylar, imo).

SKYLAR: Can you ever forgive me?

DAD: I think we can forgive you, but you will have to never lie to us again

SKYLAR: I would never have to….

KIM: Skylar, you are not going not going home with us.

DAD: Honey, don’t start that….

KIM: Skylar, I’m telling you, it makes me sick, but you know that bag of popcorn you had, you’ll never finish …

DAD: Honey, please stop

SKYLAR: Moooom

SKYLAR: Do you know how that makes me feel?

KIM: Do you have any idea how WE feel?

SKYLAR: I never would (?) , never hurt a baby (?) by myself…

KIM: I would have helped you. I have told you so many times I’m always going to be here for you if you just tell me. I’ve always told you I love you. How do you think I feel losing MY baby?

SKYLAR: I’m sorry mommy

KIM: I’m losing MY child. And I’ve done everything right.

SKYLAR: You have! You…

DAD: Please stop, you guys. Both. We need to stop this right now. We don’t know what is going to happen yet.

KIM: (Sniffling). it’s really hard for me right now. I’ve lost my (?), I’m stressed about Jackson (sniffs).

Silence. Husband is sitting next to her but doesn’t touch her or comfort her. Skylar’s head stays buried in her hands. Kim rummages through her purse-endlessly and loudly. More silence.

Skylar eventually reaches her hand across the table and says, please hold my hand, mom.

Kim sighs, stretches out one hand, and keeps rummaging through her purse with the other.
Yikes. Reading it really brings her mother’s coldness to the forefront.

I really want to see the moms response. I’m assuming she’s a 40-something woman, with two (assumed) biological children. There is just no way she saw that bathroom pic of BSR the day of delivery and didn’t know she was pregnant. The shape of her body just does not happen at any other time other than within days of delivery. It’s a classic, postpartum stomach that a woman who’s been through two pregnancies would instantly recognize. Imo
Not to mention the picture in the red prom dress. I clearly see a pregnant belly, I'm baffled as to how no one else saw it or questioned her?

I find the daughter as unlikable as the Mother. No fear of her Mother’s disapproval kept her from doing as she pleased in her senior year; she was not afraid to be sexually active; she got that expensive prom dress even if it meant risking Mom noticing her “belly. “ I think she handled everything about the pregnancy in secrecy because she wanted control. She wasn’t afraid to tell them because they’d be mad; she was afraid they’d make her keep the baby and take responsibility.

This is one twisted young woman IMO. What some see as coldness from the Mother might be in part the exasperation from living with the lying, manipulative daughter created through her indulgence of that child.

The Mother reminds me of Cindy Anthony...she wants to believe her SO badly, but she knows her daughter is a serial liar. She knows her daughter is disturbed. But the family will rally round to protect their image, not her.

Prom flowers, named Annabelle...I think it’s all fabrication. That baby was dumped like Caylee Anthony. And the reaction of the “grieving” Mother was anything BUT.

There is competition with Mom for Daddy’s approval too. I see the “request” for Mom to hold her hand as her exerting control over her Mother in front of her Dad. Better behave...better love me.

I think she is taking some pleasure in the humiliation she’s wrought upon her family.

Is she guilty? I’ll wait to hear more.

Yep. Both mom and dad said they would support her.

I do not buy the I did not tell anyone because I was scared BS she is trying to pull.

The reason why she did not tell anyone is because she, imo intentionally and knowingly killed her child and if mommy and daddy found the body/remains in the backyard they would have alerted the authorities.

She wanted to go on with her life as if nothing happened. She didn't want to be inconvenienced with a child at all.

Jmo

I don't believe that her parents saying (after the fact) in the middle of a police station that they would have supported her means that she believed, when considering her options in April/May, that they would support her.

And that's assuming she considered any options at all and wasn't in deep denial, just hoping that whatever was happening would go away.

(This is not to say she couldn't have caused the baby's death, but I do think her state of mind was different than some others do).

She knows they are questioning her about the call they received from the doctor. She knows they know she had a baby and buried her in the backyard. IMO she is wondering if these actions could put her in jail.

How does Skylar know they are going to take her to prison?

They have not even accused her of anything at this point.

I find the daughter as unlikable as the Mother. No fear of her Mother’s disapproval kept her from doing as she pleased in her senior year; she was not afraid to be sexually active; she got that expensive prom dress even if it meant risking Mom noticing her “belly. “ I think she handled everything about the pregnancy in secrecy because she wanted control. She wasn’t afraid to tell them because they’d be mad; she was afraid they’d make her keep the baby and take responsibility.

This is one twisted young woman IMO. What some see as coldness from the Mother might be in part the exasperation from living with the lying, manipulative daughter created through her indulgence of that child.

The Mother reminds me of Cindy Anthony...she wants to believe her SO badly, but she knows her daughter is a serial liar. She knows her daughter is disturbed. But the family will rally round to protect their image, not her.

Prom flowers, named Annabelle...I think it’s all fabrication. That baby was dumped like Caylee Anthony. And the reaction of the “grieving” Mother was anything BUT.

There is competition with Mom for Daddy’s approval too. I see the “request” for Mom to hold her hand as her exerting control over her Mother in front of her Dad. Better behave...better love me.

I think she is taking some pleasure in the humiliation she’s wrought upon her family.

Is she guilty? I’ll wait to hear more.

Friends have been interviewed saying her mother was exceedingly controlling.

I do believe Skylar is a manipulative and practiced liar. I also believe that becoming that way was out of necessity.

Is her shaking from moving her leg or foot nervously ..or is it from nerves ? Hard to tell.
She knew she was pregnant and had plenty of time to tell someone and get help and have a plan. She knew the baby would eventually come. Scared or not no excuse. imo.

Her shaking and almost stretched neck, big eyed (performance) in court reminds me of that mom who killed her 2 kids, both teens a boy and girl. I think she tried to off herself too but it didn’t work. The press showed her being walked to the cop car in a white hazmat suit coverall shaking and with very similar mannerisms. Sorry I have a terrible memory about names but it was a huge case several years ago.

Her shaking and almost stretched neck, big eyed (performance) in court reminds me of that mom who killed her 2 kids, both teens a boy and girl. I think she tried to off herself too but it didn’t work. The press showed her being walked to the cop car in a white hazmat suit coverall shaking and with very similar mannerisms. Sorry I have a terrible memory about names but it was a huge case several years ago.
Julie Schenecker?
Schenecker double homicide - Wikipedia

Julie Schenecker | Photos | Murderpedia, the encyclopedia of murderers

I think I remember her affect being related to either being on or withdrawing from some pretty heavy-duty meds, but I don't know if that's the whole truth. Also don't know if BSR is medicated, but I sure wouldn't be surprised if she is at this point.

Yes. Julie Schenecker. She actually was and is very psychotic. Her movements were likely due to side effects from on-going anti-psychotic medication.

To me Skylar looks very different from that. I would be shaking. She should be shaking. She could also be acting.

This video shows Shenecker shaking:
Woman convicted in double murder wants new trial

Yes. Julie Schenecker. She actually was and is very psychotic. Her movements were likely due to side effects from on-going anti-psychotic medication.

To me Skylar looks very different from that. I would be shaking. She should be shaking. She could also be acting.

This video shows Shenecker shaking:
Woman convicted in double murder wants new trial
Skylar only seems to shake when the Prosecution is questioning a witness. When the defense is questioning she stops. I sometimes wonder if she shakes because the witness and the questions the prosecutor ask maybe close to the truth. idk and moo

Skylar only seems to shake when the Prosecution is questioning a witness. When the defense is questioning she stops. I sometimes wonder if she shakes because the witness and the questions the prosecutor ask maybe close to the truth. idk and moo

I also think she may be pretty well prepped for the defense, but has no idea what's coming with the prosecution. Guilty or innocent, that's gotta be a ROUGH place to be.

In this video with her parents this confuses me: 18 min 40 sec. mark:

Dad: You've got us in a really bad bad spot right now, don't even know what to do..I dont know if I should be calling an attorney or somebody to defend you or what there gonna do

Skyler: smy own baby I'd never try and hurt it.
Dad: Unfortunately honey it's happened before.

Skyler: I know.

Dad: And you hid it.. so you know what I'm sayin'?
Skyler: Yea
Dad: You're the only one that can say that
Dad: all the doctor knows is you were pregnant and now your not & you told him you buried a baby.
Skyler: I know that's bad, I was just, I told him I had the baby.....
What is this about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member