OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in shallow grave, Carlisle, 7 May 2017 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm very glad transcripts were provided to the jury. I watched the interview, and now I've just read the entire transcript. What leaps out in the transcript more than watching the video did (for me, anyway), is that she never said she killed her baby.

In fact, she essentially told LE the same thing she did during her first interview. LE kept telling her they didn't want to put words in her mouth, but that's exactly what happened. Cremate-their word, not hers Gurgle- their word, not hers.

More to the point. She kept trying to give them the "right" answer: " maybe she was alive, yes, she might have gurgled. Once. When she was still in the toilet."" But she also said again and again and again, up to the end and in various ways, that she didn't think her baby was born alive. That she didn't see or feel a heart beat.

She was also clear she didn't cut the umbilical cord, and that she didn't remember ever seeing the cord attached to her baby.

Yes, she said she squeezed her baby tight and that may have killed her. And yes, she said she didn't think her baby had a heart beat when she first picked her up.

That's a confession?

For those who believe Skylar chose to kill her baby and then did, and that afterwards she did in fact try to burn her baby (but decided after murdering her that it would be "wrong" to burn her), the fact she immediately told her waiting parents that she had "tried to cremate (her baby) a little bit" isn't remarkable.

I don't believe Skylar knowingly killed her baby. I'm not convinced the baby was born alive, and I'm very sure she never tried to burn her baby. How completely disorienting and shattering it must have felt to her, the fact that these people speaking so sweetly to her and holding her hand believed.......no, "KNEW" she was capable of murdering then burning her own baby.

Imo, it is unbearably sad & awful that she told her parents she'd tried to burn her baby.

I believe that the relationship between mother/daughter we are seeing here is very similar to where the relationship between Patsy Ramsey & Jon Benet was heading before being suddenly cut short in 1996.

In an alternate timeline of events, I believe this is what it would have looked like. Similarly, while these 2 were likely not involved in the Ohio Child Pageants in the early 2000’s, I’d imagine that their relationship was similar to Patsy/JonBenet at similar age milestones.

This case even has the avoidant Dad involved ( John Ramsey with work ) and potentially the afterthought brother in Jackson.

Excellent post and comparison in the mother daughter dynamic similar to the Ramseys.

I’m actually surprised that BSR wasn’t involved in beauty pageants when she was younger, but I’ll bet that BSR was in cheerleading and gymnastics from a very young age. **Not that cheerleading or gymnastics are bad things.

I don’t have a link, but I do recall reading somewhere that BSR’s dad is an accountant and he wasn’t home much due to working long hours.

JMO

#SkylarRichardson - April 25, 2017 - Text from Skylar to her mother: Can I please not go to the doctor tomorrow I changed my mind I don't want to and I don't want to be on the pill. I'm way too sacred to ....

Cathy Russon on Twitter

Thanks so much for posting all this.

No concerned mother of an anorexic would EVER counsel them to work fast to lose weight quickly for prom for goodness sake. Never. "Eat good and you can drop quick. I'm serious if u get serious you can prob pull it out."

Also, this text exchange makes me pretty certain she had a good idea she was pregnant already. Didn't want anyone to know.

Mom knew.
Talking about the guy being a surgeon. Talking about how it makes her sick but it's the only choice. Mom knew.

Did she think she was getting an abortion? It doesn't make sense. I think she's talking about her first gynecological exam which is embarrassing for most young women. Especially if the doctor is male.

I thought the state was going to call her mother, and that's why the mother has not been in the courtroom? Maybe it is the defense that plans to call the mother?
The mom was suppose to testify for the prosecution. Don't know what changed that but she will not be testifying and State has rested.

nothing in these text messages makes her mother out to be a horrible person, but a loving supportive parent jmo.

I'm not sure how the mother of a woman with and eating disorder is loving for encouraging her to drop weight. And her constant statements about how her life would be ruined and over if she got pregnant are far from loving IMO. Sounds like her child was cornered. What about options like abortion or adoption?

Perhaps the State decided that the texts would help convince the jury more so than the mother's testimony.

This what I think. I think had they put her mother on the stand, she might’ve garnered some sympathy from the jury and the state didn’t want to risk that. They felt that the texts alone spoke loudly enough themselves.

JMO

Law & Crime Network‏Verified account @LawCrimeNetwork 2m2 minutes ago
BREAKING: After hearing defense argument to dismiss charges the judge has dismissed count 4 - Tampering with Evidence. #SkylarRichardson

Law & Crime Network‏Verified account @LawCrimeNetwork 49s50 seconds ago
#SkylarRichardson - The charge dismissed carried a possible 9 month to 5 year sentence.
Law & Crime Network on Twitter

EEDWO-uUEAAMzVv.jpg

Did she think she was getting an abortion? It doesn't make sense. I think she's talking about her first gynecological exam which is embarrassing for most young women. Especially if the doctor is male.
Why would a male doctor make somebody sick but be the only choice? There's more than one choice when it comes to doctors, every time.

This "little baby girl" voice has been irritating me all through listening to the interviews. She regressing back to being about 6 years old.
I keep thinking this. Here's the sad part. People do this type of regressing because it works. It's very effective and manipulative. Playing dumb unfortunately works ....playing vulnerable works ...playing helpless works. This is what we are trained to do. People that want to get away with things know how to manipulate the system. She is manipulating the system and all of us. Yes, it looks like her mom's a horrible dishonest liar who wanted her daughter to hide the pregnancy at all costs. But that doesn't mean the daughter didn't also choose to lie. The apple is not falling far from the tree but at least the 20-year old apple had a chance to grow into a tree. Whatever your feelings are about abortion these people took the law into their own hands,and cared more about looks and the perfect show off cute sexy body, as opposed to not murdering a baby that somebody could have loved.

What really stands out to me from the texts, alongside the mother’s shocking encouragement of her daughter’s eating disorder, is the message Skylar sends after the pregnancy email ‘scare’.

She sounds terrified. Not just of being found out, but of her mother in general. Begging her not to be upset, not to let it put her in a bad mood - I think anyone who’s ever tried to placate an irate abuser would recognise this desperate tone.

JMO

Hi..just got in and catching up. Did she have the baby in the toilet?? ty

I agree with so much of what you say. You're candid and honest and empathetic. However in many cases both kids do have to deal with the problem because the father is told. Only one of them did NOT have to deal with this in this case. She chose not to tell him. He had no choice.
Your last sentence... “he had no choice”.... so true! we aren’t even hearing about that. This was his child also; he may have wanted to raise her and keep her. Males don’t get enough credit. He lost his baby.Think about that.Does he have recourse? JMO

5'1 and 90 pounds is a perfectly normal weight. My mom is 5'1 and has rarely been able to reach 90.

According to BMI standards 90 pounds is underweight for 61 inches

Attachments

• 9DBF281E-8FDC-4D39-919C-02209A42AD53.jpeg
    9DBF281E-8FDC-4D39-919C-02209A42AD53.jpeg
    118 KB · Views: 29
  • BD0CDB4B-EF6D-497B-AF75-A263A0604F51.jpeg
    BD0CDB4B-EF6D-497B-AF75-A263A0604F51.jpeg
    58.3 KB · Views: 29
  • D2545E3F-2E52-4921-827E-10650F74B3C9.jpeg
    D2545E3F-2E52-4921-827E-10650F74B3C9.jpeg
    84.8 KB · Views: 22
Your last sentence... “he had no choice”.... so true! we aren’t even hearing about that. This was his child also; he may have wanted to raise her and keep her. Males don’t get enough credit. He lost his baby.Think about that.Does he have recourse? JMO

Or her parents. That was their first grand child. Where’s their outrage???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean