OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in shallow grave, Carlisle, 7 May 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She could still be called.

Can she? Do we know if she was sequestered for the prosecution for sure, or could she be called as a defense witness? I’ve heard that the state had her as a witness, but do we know for sure?

I was under the assumption that once the state rested, they could not call any more witnesses. If she WAS a witness for the state, I can’t figure out why she wouldn’t have been called! I can’t figure it out.

Reactions: osu
Can she? Do we know if she was sequestered for the prosecution for sure, or could she be called as a defense witness? I’ve heard that the state had her as a witness, but do we know for sure?

I was under the assumption that once the state rested, they could not call any more witnesses. If she WAS a witness for the state, I can’t figure out why she wouldn’t have been called! I can’t figure it out.

They probably want to cross examine her ob the stand

As far as Skylar’s “ love” for her baby, we lost an old dog who required much care about a year ago.

There was no way, loving and losing that dog, that I would have been texting, and high-fiving and celebrating the fact that we wouldn’t have to get up several times a night to let him out.

Our lives hadn’t changed for the better in our opinion. But Skylar was sure whooping it up that her life was FAB again.

This is actually the most damning evidence against BSR, IMO. I think the "confession" is pretty weak, given the tactics of the police officer and her obvious efforts to say whatever would please them. But her texts after the baby was born were pretty bizarre, especially if the baby really was stillborn. I suppose I can understand that, having kept her pregnancy a secret to that point, she could have figured that there was no point in dealing with the wrath of her mother, if the baby was stillborn anyway. But you would think she would have been depressed, sad, etc. after delivering a stillborn child, even one she didn't really want to have. I tend to think that is not enough to prove aggravated murder beyond a reasonable doubt, though.

Lauren Pack@LPack JN
Dr. White now looking at Richardson in the sparkly dress from Feb and May, 2017. "She still fits in her dress ... she doesn't look like she has gained any weight.
@journalnews

Richardson described at least 20 times in the 14 interview what sounded to him like a stillbirth, Dr. White says. "She said the baby just plopped out of her," is also a sign.
@journalnews

Dr. White also says the description of the umbilical court the was detached from the baby is also a sign of a stillbirth
@journalnews

The jury looking at a newborn healthy baby. Pinkish, blue with a "big lusty cry," is the way Dr. White is saying about the baby in the picture
@journalnews

Maybe the prosecution plans to call her in its rebuttal?

More text messages between #SkylarRichardson and her mom in the days after she gave birth. Lots of talk about her mom being happy she is losing weight so SR can rock her clothes @Local12

10:42pm - 9/9/19

Angenette Levy on Twitter

Everything about their text conversations make me sick to my stomach.

It's so clear that mom knew. To me, at least. Unless this dark time that they are so happy to have behind them is simply BSR's fat. And while Mom is clearly obsessed with BSRs body, I just can't buy that.

We are so happy, and everyone is happy, and I haven't been excited in forever! Yay! No more life destroying kid! Everything can appear perfect again! It's so gross.

Mom is just a wreck. She seems so focused on being a 'cool mom'. GROSS.

My daughter has had body dysmorphic disorder for years. There was about a year in her life as a teenager where felt out of control, and was eating disordered.
I tell you, I have never felt so helpless as a parent in my life. I literally couldn't mention ANYTHING about her food or food consumption AT ALL. As her Mom, of course I wanted to encourage her to eat. To tell her she was beautiful as she was. That I loved her and wanted her to live and be healthy and know how wonderful she was. All of those things - made it worse. The more I pled, the less she ate. To this day, when she puts on a few pounds i keep that to myself, and just silently rejoice that she feels that she enough control in her life to not need to go to those extremes anymore. The LAST thing I would ever do if I thought she was putting on too much weight would be to encourage extreme exercise and fricking laxatives. It's insane.

BSRs mother IS BSRs eating disorder.

They do remind me of Cindy and Casey Anthony, in a way. Co-dependant as hell. Willing to put blinders on when faced with the obvious. Because goodness forbid, how will this ever reflect upon US. Lying liar of a kid, raised by a lying liar (not due to direct lying, but due to being so incredibly out of touch with reality in favor of fantasy). Dad pushed to the sidelines (gosh, even DAD noticed your tummy!)

I 100% believe BSR knew what she was doing, and killed her baby. She will likely walk for it. But I also wouldn't be surprised if Mom was much more involved in the birth, death, disposal, etc. If she wasn't, her capacity for denial is unrivaled.

Their dynamic is heartbreaking to see in those texts.

I doubt the amount of time made a difference then. she was working on adrenaline, likely, and not watching a clock.

are you able to recall how long you were in labor or how much time you spent in a bathroom during labor and birth? (assuming you have given birth, I definitely do not know your experience ) I sure don’t. if you can, you have a much better memory than I ever have or will.

I've had four natural childbirths. I can tell you how long I was in labor each time and how long the delivery took.

Lauren Pack@LPack JN
Dr. White says has a different opinion than the prosecution's witness that said as stillbirth and growth restriction could not be determined for Skylar's baby from the information available
@journalnews

Lauren Pack@LPack JN
Dr. White says he also disagrees with the prosecution expert Dr. Brady, that Skylar was not suffering for nutrition deficiency when she was told about her pregnancy in April 2017. Blood work shows she was.
@journalnews

Lauren Pack@LPack JN
Dr. White says he also disagrees with the prosecution expert Dr. Brady, that Skylar was not suffering for nutrition deficiency when she was told about her pregnancy in April 2017. Blood work shows she was.
@journalnews

Dr. White says Richardson was less the pre-preganacy weight 10 weeks after the birth, which is abnormal
@journalnews

Hearing a heartbeat of the baby in April 2017 simply means the baby was alive at that point, Dr. White said. The prosecution's witness Dr. Brady indicated it was a site of a normal baby
@journalnews

Lauren Pack@LPack JN
Taking a birth control pill in a "term mother" does not effect the baby, Dr. White says
@journalnews

Photo of Richardson standing on a scale. 125 pounds, which is less the conception weight just 5 days after the baby was born. Evidence the baby had growth restriction in the womb, Dr, White says.
@journalnews

This is actually the most damning evidence against BSR, IMO. I think the "confession" is pretty weak, given the tactics of the police officer and her obvious efforts to say whatever would please them. But her texts after the baby was born were pretty bizarre, especially if the baby really was stillborn. I suppose I can understand that, having kept her pregnancy a secret to that point, she could have figured that there was no point in dealing with the wrath of her mother, if the baby was stillborn anyway. But you would think she would have been depressed, sad, etc. after delivering a stillborn child, even one she didn't really want to have. I tend to think that is not enough to prove aggravated murder beyond a reasonable doubt, though.

Reading here on WS how differently folks interpret trial evidence always makes me appreciate the beauty of our jury system.

I don't think those texts are at all damning, though they are definitely bizarre. Imo they are entirely consistent with the pattern of other text exchanges between the two we've seen.

As I've posted before, imo the texts reflect Kim's control over her daughter, and especially the transparency of Kim's use of conditional approval to control, Skylar's weight being the central thing upon which Kim conditioned her approval.

I don't think it's reasonable, then, to take Skylar's chirpy texts to her mother at face value. For me the texts are actually mitigating, and go a long way in understanding why Skylar would have found it impossible to tell Kim about her pregnancy.

STATE’s expert Dr. Brady says that Skylar was not suffering from nutrition deficiency when she was told about her pregnancy in April 2017, but no real evidence to back that up. This conclusion drawn made Dr Brady believe the baby was not born a stillborn. DEFENSE’s expert Dr. White says she was suffering from nutritional deficiency and points to the specific blood work, and her history of eating disorders, that shows she was. This conclusion drawn made Dr White say she was a stillborn. Hmmm.

He also just saw that she was down to 125 lbs a mere 5 days after, he says, further corroborating his belief that Skylar suffered from nutritional deficiencies which affected the growth and deliver, and ultimately, the life, of the baby.

They just focused on the fact that Skylar and the baby would have had all the support in the world. That the parents would've been angry but supported her and the baby. Nothing about Skylar being a liar, nothing disparaging at all.

This is so sad, because from Dad's perspective it's likely true. But texts with Mom make it clear that a baby would be life ruining, and there would be no one to care for it if BSR went to school.

All while likely knowing her daughter was actually pregnant. I mean, she looked pregnant and Mom had received notification from the Dr. that she was pregnant. FFS. She doesn't seem an idiot and she had two children herself. C'mon now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech