OH - Audreona Barnes, 19, found deceased, Warrensville Heights, 30 Jul 2021 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Mother begs for help in search for missing 19-year-old Warrensville Heights daughter

“There’s no way she just walked away with nothing,” said Akua Avegnon, Audreona Barnes’ mother.

“The last time I talked to Audreona was the 30th of July. We actually had plans together. It was plans with the whole family,” said Avegnon. “Later on that night, she sent a text message to my boyfriend asking for a ride that didn’t seem like it came from her. And that was the last time anyone has heard or spoken to her. The last place that I know she was was at her boyfriend’s house on Warner Road in Cleveland,” said Avegnon.

Avegnon tells 19 News the last time Barnes’ social media accounts were active was the day she disappeared.

“Her phone has been turned off since then. And this is very much unlike her,” said Avegnon. “She doesn’t have anything. Her shoes are at home. All of her clothes are at home. She had no money so where did she go,” said Avegnon.

MRGZCRDUSRENBBFJO2O6SBDDXY.jpg

WARRENSVILLE HEIGHTS, Ohio (WOIO) - In July, a 19-year-old with dreams of joining the Army went missing in Warrensville Heights.

Now, police detectives and the woman’s mother are desperate for information that might lead them to the whereabouts of Audreona Barnes.

Warrensville Heights Det. Gregory Curry is investigating Barnes’ disappearance. Curry said he’s not ruling out foul play.

“Right now there’s no evidence pointing towards foul play,” he said but added he’s not ruling it out either.

More at Police search for 19-year-old Warrensville Heights woman missing since July

NOV 19, 2021
Cleveland missing Black women Rajah McQueen Audreonna Barnes (spectrumnews1.com)
[...]

Barnes graduated high school at 17, and despite her mother’s reservations, she had aspirations to enlist in the United States Army Reserves. She met with an Army recruiter on July 30, the same day she went missing.

Barnes had slept at her boyfriend’s house the night before on July 29. Avegnon, Barnes' mother, said that her daughter called her after the meeting with the recruiter at around 2:30 p.m. The two agreed to speak later that evening.

At around 7 p.m., Avegnon’s boyfriend received a text from Barnes’ cell phone asking for a ride from her new job at a gas station.

Immediately, Avegnon was skeptical because earlier that day, her daughter told her she received an offer from a factory. Barnes didn’t respond to texts regarding the new job, but she did respond confirming she’d be home the following day, July 31, for her mother’s birthday.

[...]

Greggory Curry of the Warrensville Heights Police Department is the detective assigned to Barnes’ case. He said he has exhausted every lead, but is stalled at a dead-end.

“I've checked every area that I could," he said. "I have nothing. I have no way of tracking her.”

[...]

“I don't think wherever she is she went on her own because if you know her, you know Big Baby always has her phone,” she said. “Like no matter what she’s doing, she has her phone. She's not going to not communicate with anyone.”

[...]

(On an appartment balcony? How? Whose?)

Hopefully LE will have something to go on per this bit of info in this article:

"The cleaning worker told officers they were moving a pile of clothes on the balcony when they found the victim.

According to police, the worker said the previous tenant was evicted on March 11."

Worker discovers dead body on Cleveland apartment balcony, police say

I'm sure LE will be searching for that person ASAP. Poor Audreona, only 19 years old. May she RIP.

(Edited to add another article mentions a different location for the apartment complex - 4700 block instead of 4300 block. I don't know which is correct:

"Police in Cleveland say they were called to an apartment complex on the 4700 block of Warner Road around 6:30 p.m. Thursday, where a cleaner had discovered the remains. The home's previous tenant had apparently been evicted a week ago, and the employee found the while moving a pile of clothes on the balcony".

Body of missing 19-year-old woman located in Cleveland | wkyc.com

So the police never searched her last known location?

Seems it was indeed the boyfriends apartment. So either the police didn’t look properly or she was moved there afterwards. Have you seen how close she was to passers by? Crazy.

Man accused of killing woman, leaving body on Cleveland apartment balcony until eviction

CLEVELAND, Ohio — A man is accused of killing his 18-year-old girlfriend and leaving her body on the balcony of his apartment for months until he moved away and a housecleaner uncovered her body, according to police and court records.

Bennie Washington, 39, is charged with aggravated murder and gross abuse of a corpse in the fatal shooting of Audreona Barnes, who was reported missing on July 30.

How in gods name did the police not find her body?

Is this one of those daft (imo) situations where the police had no search powers because there was no obvious evidence of a crime? I hope not, but it wouldn’t be the first time, and I will never understand why the US is so backwards with this.

Either that or they didn’t think to check under the slightly suspicious body sized pile of clothing o_O

i think she was there the whole time but there wasnt a "search" at all maybe just a welfare check.

I found her listed on this site (never heard of it before) - stats on that site shows phone verified and visited site this month, but of course it could be someone else using her profile:

Find a Travel Partner and Travel together!
It’s 2024 idk if I’m reading it wrong but it says the profile was made in 21 with ID verified but literally as of 5 minutes ago it said someone was online this year, I can’t see the date. Who else would have that much access.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PandorasBox83
Back