OH OH - Beverly Jarosz, 16, Garfield Heights, 28 Dec 1964

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No problem! Happy to help. The Serial Killer's sub is down the list a ways, so it's easily missed. There's a dedicated group of members there, some of whom are quite expert on some of the SK's and who do a lot of research.

I hope GHPD gets back to this cold case. These days, they're better known for giving out lots of speeding tickets and have quite a lucrative mayor's court. :p I've not gotten a ticket when driving through, but am very careful. ;)

Maybe we could send them an email to suggest taking advantage of using the DNA they have to test against some genetic genealogy databases. It wouldn't take a lot of labor or shoe leather on their part. The county prosecutor needs to get on board, too. There are a few high profile cold cases in the area that could possibly be solved that way.
GHPD as you might know, reopened the case for the 50 th anniversary death date in 2015. After a year or so and now getting close to Carl Biegacki's retirement, GH decided, due to monetary problems, to let Cuyahoga County PA take the case. NOT that they won't possibly check something out that may come their way, but they felt it best to turn the case over to CC as they would have more funds. For instance, Amy's case stays a bit active Because Bay Village contributes money towards it. GH isn't able to fund Bev's case. Carol has stayed involved with CC PA in regards to any DNA testing. She does so on a regular basis.

GHPD as you might know, reopened the case for the 50 th anniversary death date in 2015. After a year or so and now getting close to Carl Biegacki's retirement, GH decided, due to monetary problems, to let Cuyahoga County PA take the case. NOT that they won't possibly check something out that may come their way, but they felt it best to turn the case over to CC as they would have more funds. For instance, Amy's case stays a bit active Because Bay Village contributes money towards it. GH isn't able to fund Bev's case. Carol has stayed involved with CC PA in regards to any DNA testing. She does so on a regular basis.

I guess we'll have to start a Go Fund Me account for Beverly's case. I hope Mike O'Malley and Bill Mason believe in the science of DNA evidence and genetic genealogy. ;):p

Joseph Madol wasn't the only one with a questionable Visa. Dallas born, Jimmy Ray Green's visa, I found interesting, too. On the Hanover Energy Partner's documents, it listed Jimmy as a UK citizen and his birth date was ten years younger than his actual birth. Jimmy ended the conversation by stating he was going to be spending thousands to strike off Hanover Energy Limited. If nothing else, he learned Madol never came through with money or investors he promised Jimmy. Ulf T. Kristoffersson, ex husband to Madol's companion, Seng Pheth, had an interesting background with the United Nations. I also found on Linkedin, Ulf was associated with the US Embassies and a Visa/ Passport program. Is is possible Seng Pheth's exhusband helped Madol secure his visa renewal with the US Embassy? It would be Walter Pierrot, another associate of Madol's, who would help "unpack" and make some sense of the Hungarian news article from 1993 on Yasni. I found Walter on the a random google. Joseph Madol was in Budapest in early 1993. He was bragging he was related to the Count Szecheyni, a beloved man in Hungary. ( In a twisted way Madol was telling the truth. Madol was LINKED to Count Szecheyni by way of a nephew of Count Szecheyni.) Madol was going to save a failing food canning industry near Budapest, but in the end, it was all talk, lots of other peoples money being spent, hotel and meal bills piling up and nothing to show. Once LE began to dig deeper, they learned Madol may have used the name Joseph LaPointe to gain a passport from Canada/ or US. They also found he had been banished from Yugoslavia for three years. It was also mentioned in the article, "his were the only fingerprints found" in the crime in Yugoslavia. With that lose translation, it was hard to determine if that Hungarian google translation, was figurative or straight up. What we now know, by the article referring to Yugoslavia, Madol must have arrived in Europe prior to the Balkan Wars, (1991-1993.) Most likely around 1990. Walter Pierrot said he never asked Madol why he was in prison with him in Budapest and the Yasni article was before Madol's trial. After three years in prison, Pierrot was able to financially secure his release and felt sorry for Madol. Walter knew a female attorney and between the attorney and Walter, Madol was a free man. It wouldn't take long for Madol to win the heart of the Hungarian female attorney, use up both her influence and small fortune, Madol and leave Hungary. The Hungarian lawyer wasn't the only one swindled. Walter said how foolish he was to think Madol could buy him Barron Bonds for pennies on the dollar. About $100,000 later, he realized his greed got the best of his wallet. If there was a Hungarian woman in California back in the mid 1980s, she still remains a mystery. What is now known, Madol's Loves included a Hungarian lawyer mistress, a Countess from Denmark, a wealthy Austrian Mistress, Seng Pheth, and there was a Lady of stature in Geneva, prior to Seng, who supposedly committed suicide because Madol. Walter did not recall her name and how the mistress committed suicide?

Last edited:
The Camera Repair Centre address in Rathmines, Dublin, is also the same location Hanover Energy Partners Limited moved to about a year ago. Jimmy Ray Green, may have indeed parted ways with Madol . Patrick Declan Burke, who owns the Camera shop, is now a partner in Hanover Energy Partners. I emailed Patrick's camera email address and got a reply asking if I was interested in Hanover. What is interesting about Patrick Declan Burke, is he was associated with Wolfgang Heinl and Jan Henning Spejeldnaes. Jan Spejeldnaes did to Danish Banks, what Jimmy Ray Green did to Dallas banks. Jan held a high position with Jyske Bank and embezzled millions of dollars from the bank. Wolfgang Heinl and Patrick Burke were also key players along with Jan Spejeldnaes as court records indicated. Recently, I contacted some people in Dublin to make sure Interpol was aware of Madol's newest business associates. This past November, I found Madol "liking" a post Seng Pheth made on her FB site. Is he trying to rekindle the romance? She is now retired from the World Health Organization and living again in Stockholm. In the end, we are left to determine if.... Detective William Horrigan was right to say, we're through with Madol OR was Detective Lee Peters right to say, Madol is hiding something bad? Madol on February 17, 1965... "It's about a 15 minute walk to the Jarosz home." Detective Horrigan, Februray, 1965... "We can account for his (Madol's) whereabouts that morning, but not that afternoon." When Madol had it etched into his forearmis Uknown... What is known, by the early 1970s, Harry Joseph Madol had a tattoo on his forearm... A Knife with a young lady inside the blade And a Snake entwined around the blade. Was the Snake symbolic for a rope? I asked Madol myself when he emailed me alittle over a year ago, where he was that Afternoon. No reply.

Last edited:

Beverly Jarosz
BIRTH 1 Oct 1948

Garfield Heights, Cuyahoga County, Ohio, USA
DEATH 28 Dec 1964 (aged 16)
Garfield Heights, Cuyahoga County, Ohio, USA
BURIAL
Calvary Cemetery
Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, Ohio, USA
PLOT Sec. 70 - Lot 3641

Beverly Jarosz was a victim of one of the more horrific murders in the Cleveland area.

On December 28, 1964, 16 year old Beverly was brutally strangled and stabbed in her home in Garfield Heights around 1:30 PM during her winter break from Marymount High School. Her murder remains unsolved.

Beverly was a pretty girl with light brown hair and blue eyes, quiet, studious, loved literature and music, wrote poetry and volunteered her time at the nearby Marymount Hospital.

The only clues to her death were mysterious gifts of jewelry that she received anonymously in the months before her murder. The police felt someone she knew killed her as she would not have opened the door to anyone.

Family Members
Parents
Thaddeus F. Jarosz 1921–2012
Eleanor Vanek Jarosz 1926–2018

LINK:
Beverly Jarosz (1948-1964) - Find A Grave...

Roger was at first seriously looked at and also questioned. After his second polygraph is reported as being passed by Roger, any further reporting about him ends. Roger was as they say he was, straight laced, religious and had just started Case Western Reserve in Sept, 1964. He'll eventually go into the Army (Vietnam era). Serve four years enlisted. Get out, finish school, marry. Have several children, Divorce his first wife. Never remarry that I know of. As of last year, he was still residing in the Cleveland area. He's about 71-72 now. Was Roger the man Detective Horrigan called each anniversary of Bev's murder? No one knows for sure. Many just assume it was Roger Detective Horrigan would. To this date, no one ever saw Detective Horrigan actually make the call. Roger though, as for a number of others, remains in limbo, because the case is unsolved. Daniel Schulte, was totally eliminated. (He was Bev's former greaser type boyfriend.) Richard... Defrosting Cold Cases, did a super job and was as about the most accurate report I've read in a long time. To answer a few of the questions they had.... George Pallotta was interviewed by Chief Sackett and Carl Biegacki when they first reopened the case in 2004. The result was "how come this was the first anyone was hearing about Ferrini and William Rehard, who had brutally assaulted Donna Adkins in 1965?" As for Michael L. Bane, he committed suicide but not because of Beverly. He was a very depressed young man and couldn't deal with it anymore. It was a cloth line and not a rope used. And it was as reported, manufactured in North Carolina, but was very widely distributed. Beverly was stabbed 42 times. Most of the stab wounds were somewhat artificial but several were very severe. The most severe one was to the neck at the end of her struggle. There was such force that the cloth line was cut in severed. Strangulation, though, will be the cause of death. Beverly did not have slip on. Her bra was ripped off her. She had a white blouse on that was ripped open and her slacks were torn down to her ankles along with her girdle and hose. ME Gerber was able to establish time of death due the the digestion of a sandwich and coffee Beverly had with her Grandma Vanek. Also taken into account was Barb Klonowski. Barb said she arrived at Bev's home about 1:20 PM. She remained there for approx 7 to 9 minutes. Repeatedly going to the side and front door, knocking and ringing the door bell. It was in this time frame, Barb thought she heard a "thump" upstairs thru the noise of the radio which was setting on a table near the front door. First reports were of Beverly being "trussed up in a rope. This was not the case. After Barb left the home she was almost immediately picked up by a neighbor of hers, Gary Grayson. (also innocent.) She got back home about 20 minutes after Gary picked her up. She called Margie to ask if Bev made it to her house. No. Margie then repeatdly tried to call Bev as did Barb. No answer..... Because Margie knew Mrs. Vanek better, she told Barb she would call Mrs. Vanek. As soon as she spoke to Mrs. Vanek, Bev's grandmother KNEW something was wrong and called Teddy Jarosz. Mr. Jarosz's office was only 5 to 10 minutes away by car and he promptly left for his home. This would be about 4.30 PM. The last hour of Bev's life goes like this: 12:30 PM Jimmy M drops Bev off at her home and he returns to his home. Bev recieves a call from the jeweler that an heirloom necklace isn't worth repairing. Bev talks to her mother who is on her lunch break at work and relays the message. The time now is about 1:10 PM.... Right after ward one of two calls happens..... Either Mrs. Vanek calls OR Stephen Stackowicz calls. But those two calls come in after 1:10 and BEFORE 1:20.... The killer only had about a ten minute window. A person I have always considered is a susect named Harry Joseph Madol. He remains a suspect to this day.
it was a priest. has to be. in the 1960s priests were above reproach and werei intimately tied to the police department they were held in high regard. Beverly hard something secret.going on a relationship that caused her fear she was involved in something she could not find her way out of. 16 yr old girls have secrets. she was afraid to have curtains open and had a dagger in her bedroom? all these years the people they keep referring to as potential suspects have been cleared over and over.police have nothing. someone else was lurking. it was not a female, the stupidity thing I have ever heard. Perhaps Beverly was going to tell her parents or she decided not to continue with the relationship and that man became very angry. she was highly involved in church, volunteer at hospital thru church. she had something going on yes she did it waa her secret with one other. IT WAS NOT ANYONE I. THAT ORIGINAL CIRCLE. GARFIELD HTS NEEDS TO CALL IN PAUL HOLES AN EXPERT who found golden state killer. GET A PROFESSIONAL!! GARFIELD POLICE INCOMPETENT. WASTE IF TIME..THE ORIGINAL DETECTIVE STATED THIS: 'I KNEW WHO IT WAS FROM THE FIRST DAY..I CANNOT TELL YOU HIS NAME AS IT WOULD NOT DO ANY GOOD ANYWAY'. HE KNEW HE KNEW HE KEPT IT A SECRET HE PROBABLY KNEW THE INDIVIDUAL AND KNEW EXPOSING WOULD BE HORRIBLE FOR THE PRIEST.

GET PAUL HOLES. THE TRUTH MAY NEVER COME OUT. Question every single church people still alive. broadcast on tv asking for help keep the case going.

it was a priest. has to be. in the 1960s priests were above reproach and werei intimately tied to the police department they were held in high regard. Beverly hard something secret.going on a relationship that caused her fear she was involved in something she could not find her way out of. 16 yr old girls have secrets. she was afraid to have curtains open and had a dagger in her bedroom? all these years the people they keep referring to as potential suspects have been cleared over and over.police have nothing. someone else was lurking. it was not a female, the stupidity thing I have ever heard. Perhaps Beverly was going to tell her parents or she decided not to continue with the relationship and that man became very angry. she was highly involved in church, volunteer at hospital thru church. she had something going on yes she did it waa her secret with one other. IT WAS NOT ANYONE I. THAT ORIGINAL CIRCLE. GARFIELD HTS NEEDS TO CALL IN PAUL HOLES AN EXPERT who found golden state killer. GET A PROFESSIONAL!! GARFIELD POLICE INCOMPETENT. WASTE IF TIME..THE ORIGINAL DETECTIVE STATED THIS: 'I KNEW WHO IT WAS FROM THE FIRST DAY..I CANNOT TELL YOU HIS NAME AS IT WOULD NOT DO ANY GOOD ANYWAY'. HE KNEW HE KNEW HE KEPT IT A SECRET HE PROBABLY KNEW THE INDIVIDUAL AND KNEW EXPOSING WOULD BE HORRIBLE FOR THE PRIEST.

GET PAUL HOLES. THE TRUTH MAY NEVER COME OUT. Question every single church people still alive. broadcast on tv asking for help keep the case going.
That's an interesting theory, but here's another one: It Was An Alien Who Beamed In And Out Of The House From His UFO, which explains why he was never seen or caught. Look... Beverly was one of my grandmother's favorite students. This case has been on our minds since 1964. After six years in uniform, my Dad became a Cleveland detective a year later in 1965. My grandmother spent the rest of her life urging my father to solve this case. Either the killer was already hiding inside, or it was someone Bev trusted enough to let into the house. Problem is, she'd been paranoid all through the summer and fall because of unsolicited gifts, hang up calls, and a feeling that she was being watched. Now, considering it was teenagers involved in that drama, all those things might have had absolutely nothing to do with her actual murder. Yet because she was on "high alert," there was NO WAY she was letting the local priest into the house. A visit by him, announced or unannounced, would have struck her as being too bizarre. She might have let Roger in, but I believe he passed a polygraph, as unreliable as those exams are, and his prints didn't match those that were found at the scene. (Although, I'd like to see his DNA tested against the blood sample they have in this case.) If she let her killer in, there's only a couple of suspects to choose from, Roger being one of them. If the killer was lurking in the house, he must have been hiding in the basement, and followed Beverly up to her bedroom when he heard her go upstairs. The entire struggle took place on the second floor. The rest of the house was devoid of any signs of violence. The motive was probably rape, which may not have happened because the attack was interrupted by the arrival of Bev's girlfriend knocking on the side and front doors. In my opinion this case is still very much solvable, but they need to do so quickly if there's to be any hope of an arrest and conviction. All the possible suspects, if still alive, are senior citizens today. Detective Horrigan thought he knew who the killer was, and had it been a priest, I doubt very much he would have kept that information to himself. That would have been so far outside Horrigan's experience as an investigator, that the gloves would have come off, and he would have exposed the good father---damn the legal consequences! No, if Horrigan was truly onto the killer, and his suspicions were correct, Bev was killed by either her current or ex-boyfriend. The ex was the one who moved to Israel shortly afterwards, and to my knowledge never returned to this country. Another one far more likely to have been involved, rather than some local priest.

That's an interesting theory, but here's another one: It Was An Alien Who Beamed In And Out Of The House From His UFO, which explains why he was never seen or caught. Look... Beverly was one of my grandmother's favorite students. This case has been on our minds since 1964. After six years in uniform, my Dad became a Cleveland detective a year later in late '65. My grandmother spent the rest of her life prodding my father to solve this case. Either the killer was already hiding inside, or it was someone Bev trusted enough to let into the house. Problem is, she'd been paranoid all through the summer and fall because of unsolicited gifts, hang up calls, and a feeling that she was being watched. Now, considering it was teenagers involved in that drama, all those things might have had absolutely nothing to do with her actual murder. Yet because she was on "high alert," there was NO WAY she was letting the local priest into the house. A visit by him, announced or unannounced, would have struck her as being too bizarre. She may have let Roger in, even though he passed a polygraph, as unreliable as those exams are. Still, his prints didn't match those found at the scene. (Although, I'd like to see his DNA tested against the blood sample they have in this case.) If she let her killer in, there's only a couple of suspects to choose from, Roger being one of them. If the killer was lurking in the house, he must have been hiding in the basement, and followed Beverly up to her bedroom when he heard her go upstairs. The entire attack took place on the second floor. The rest of the house was devoid of any signs of violence. The motive was probably rape, which may not have occurred because the assailant was interrupted by the arrival of Bev's girlfriend knocking on the doors, side and front. This case is still very much solvable. All the possible suspects, still alive, are senior citizens today. Detective Horrigan thought he knew who the killer was, and had it been a priest, I doubt very much he would have kept that information to himself. It was 1964, not 1764, and any man within 30 miles was a viable suspect; Beverly's Dad, teachers, the milkman, clergymen, the letter carrier, fellow cops---Whomever! Had any of the evidence pointed to a priest, Horrigan's gloves would have come off, and he would have exposed the good father, and damn the legal consequences! No, if Horrigan was truly onto the killer, and his suspicions were correct, Bev was killed by either her current or ex-boyfriend. The ex was the one who moved to Israel shortly afterwards, and to my knowledge never returned to this country. Both were far more likely to have been involved than a local priest.

It's an interesting theory, but I have a difficult time believing a teenager could have wrought such horrifying violence against Beverly. Did the ex-boyfriend have a violent temper? Teens/adolescents haven't yet learned to control extreme emotions. An adult male is more likely to harbor such violent tendencies without revealing them to others.

JMO, Beverly was on high alert because she had reason to fear someone. Teen girls don't hide knives in their rooms, at least not in that era, without being extremely afraid.

OTOH, this crime took place in the middle of the day, during a holiday when kids were off school. If a priest or other stalker were wandering around the neighborhood, trying to get into Beverly's home, it seems someone would have noticed. JMO

If Cuyahoga County has DNA from the killer, its time to test it. I don't understand why it takes so long for some agencies to conduct DNA tests on evidence believed to be from the killer.

By Tom Feran, 2014 lengthy and interesting. rbbm
''Not a random crime of opportunity, it was an act of rage so specifically planned and targeted that the author and filmmaker pursuing the case call it an assassination.''
''An act of evil
It happened Dec. 28, 1964, the day after the Cleveland Browns' last NFL championship, on the quiet Monday after Christmas.''

Garfield Heights Police Capt. William Horrigan, who became the lead investigator on the case and would pursue tips until he died, called it "the worst killing I've ever seen."

To Cuyahoga County Coroner Samuel Gerber, who had worked on Cleveland's grisly torso murders in the 1930s, it was "as vicious a crime as I have seen in my 29 years as coroner."

Beverly, apparently surprised while changing clothes, had been strangled with a rope and stabbed 42 times. Her clothing was yanked away from her torso, but she was not sexually assaulted. Gerber ruled strangulation as the cause of death, but said the knife wounds would have been enough to kill her.

"The person came with two weapons," said documentary filmmaker Mark Wade Stone. "Unless you're planning, I don't know why you'd have two."
"Somebody was stalking her," Myles said.

"And there's something bigger," he said. "I'm very confident that something specific happened on the 27th (of December) that's going to absolutely affect solving the 28th.''

Garfield Heights is a community south/southeast of down town Cleveland Ohio.

LINK:

The day before Beverly's murder, the big news in the Cleveland area was the National Championship football game in the city where the Cleveland Browns defeated the Baltimore Colts.

LINK:

Last edited:
Mrs. Webber who lived on the left of the Jarosz home was napping in her bedroom she heard Beverly talking to the killer if she had gotten up she would seen who it was. Beverly let her killer in the side door.
By Tom Feran, 2014 lengthy and interesting. rbbm
''Not a random crime of opportunity, it was an act of rage so specifically planned and targeted that the author and filmmaker pursuing the case call it an assassination.''
''An act of evil
It happened Dec. 28, 1964, the day after the Cleveland Browns' last NFL championship, on the quiet Monday after Christmas.''

Garfield Heights Police Capt. William Horrigan, who became the lead investigator on the case and would pursue tips until he died, called it "the worst killing I've ever seen."

To Cuyahoga County Coroner Samuel Gerber, who had worked on Cleveland's grisly torso murders in the 1930s, it was "as vicious a crime as I have seen in my 29 years as coroner."

Beverly, apparently surprised while changing clothes, had been strangled with a rope and stabbed 42 times. Her clothing was yanked away from her torso, but she was not sexually assaulted. Gerber ruled strangulation as the cause of death, but said the knife wounds would have been enough to kill her.

"The person came with two weapons," said documentary filmmaker Mark Wade Stone. "Unless you're planning, I don't know why you'd have two."
"Somebody was stalking her," Myles said.

"And there's something bigger," he said. "I'm very confident that something specific happened on the 27th (of December) that's going to absolutely affect solving the 28th.''
It's an interesting theory, but I have a difficult time believing a teenager could have wrought such horrifying violence against Beverly. Did the ex-boyfriend have a violent temper? Teens/adolescents haven't yet learned to control extreme emotions. An adult male is more likely to harbor such violent tendencies without revealing them to others.

JMO, Beverly was on high alert because she had reason to fear someone. Teen girls don't hide knives in their rooms, at least not in that era, without being extremely afraid.

OTOH, this crime took place in the middle of the day, during a holiday when kids were off school. If a priest or other stalker were wandering around the neighborhood, trying to get into Beverly's home, it seems someone would have noticed. JMO

If Cuyahoga County has DNA from the killer, its time to test it. I don't understand why it takes so long for some agencies to conduct DNA tests on evidence believed to be from the killer.

Mod Reminder:

To ensure that factual information is discussed on WS, links to MSM reports or LE statements are required for statements made as fact. The exception to this rule is when we have a Verified Insider that is a family member or friend of the victim or missing person.

The Verified Insider process is completely confidential and details can be found here: Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

In order to adhere to the standards WS has in place and best support families, any posts stated as fact when someone is not a VI will be removed along with any responses to those posts. These may be reinstated upon completion of the verification process.

Thanks for your understanding and feel free to use the report feature on this, or any post, if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Mad

Apr 27, 2018
On December 28, 1964, the quiet town of Garfield Heights was rocked by its most brutal, most chilling murder — the stabbing death of 16-year-old Beverly Jarosz.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
everyoneblooms
Back