Found Deceased OH - Caleb Marple, 39, Cleveland, 18 May 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Justice For Caleb Marple
Every Wednesday the Justice For Caleb page will provide a FACT and a possible question to go along with the fact.

To Recap so far:
FACT 1: On May 17, Caleb caught a ride from Bar Louie on Crocker to downtown Cleveland with some acquaintances.
QUESTION 1: Who are the acquaintances? Do you know? We’d like to speak to them.

FACT 2: After a verbal altercation with someone at The Barley House on W 6th, Caleb and the other person were both asked to leave the bar.
QUESTION 2: Were you at the Barley House on May 17, early May 18? Did you see anything?

So Caleb went to a different place first, then he went to the Barley House. I wonder if these acquaintances they speak of are the same ones mentioned in an earlier post on Caleb’s page??

Justice For Caleb Marple
Every Wednesday the Justice For Caleb page will provide a FACT and a possible question to go along with the fact.

To Recap so far:
FACT 1: On May 17, Caleb caught a ride from Bar Louie on Crocker to downtown Cleveland with some acquaintances.
QUESTION 1: Who are the acquaintances? Do you know? We’d like to speak to them.

FACT 2: After a verbal altercation with someone at The Barley House on W 6th, Caleb and the other person were both asked to leave the bar.
QUESTION 2: Were you at the Barley House on May 17, early May 18? Did you see anything?

So Caleb went to a different place first, then he went to the Barley House. I wonder if these acquaintances they speak of are the same ones mentioned in an earlier post on Caleb’s page??
Yes, Caleb's night started out with his neighbor friends. They went to yard house, bar louis and then grabbed a ride from two unknown girls. (No one has ever found out who they are) he left his phone in their car (but that is not confirmed) and then Megan, Jensen and Caleb went to Barley house. megan Jensen and Caleb were together from 630 until his disappearance.

then grabbed a ride from two unknown girls. (No one has ever found out who they are) he left his phone in their car (but that is not confirmed) and then Megan, Jensen and Caleb went to Barley house. megan Jensen and Caleb were together from 630 until his disappearance.

If he left his phone in the unknown girls’ car, then how did Megan end up with it?

It was the first night that bars were allowed to reopen after months long lockdown due to COVID 19. There were likely a lot of people there getting really loaded. The bar owner is notorious for ignoring safe distancing rules in the drinking establishments he owns, so patrons were probably packed cheek to jowl and getting very drunk very fast.

Here's a link to an article about another establishment owned by Mr. George. Pretty routine stuff for him and his father, who has owned many nightclubs in the area over the last few decades.The Georges are very well connected.

TownHall once again tops list of COVID-19 safety complaints against Cleveland businesses

Anyone fighting is probably thrown out immediately with little care for what happens outside.
is it this Mr. George???
Restaurateur's wife now charged in love triangle slaying

Justice For Caleb Marple

As for cameras capturing the altercation?

The family also answered that under the same post.
••The problem we have, all buildings that did have cameras didn’t capture what happened. Police only asked so many buildings. With time, footage isn’t stored/available. Several loved ones contacted buildings with cameras (about 30). Many in the area Caleb was found and we were told police never called them.

So I’m wondering the source of confirmation on this group jumping Caleb? I’m not at all saying it didn’t happen, but if they stated it was confirmed but no video of it was captured, then is it confirmed by witnesses?

T
Justice For Caleb Marple

As for cameras capturing the altercation?

The family also answered that under the same post.
••The problem we have, all buildings that did have cameras didn’t capture what happened. Police only asked so many buildings. With time, footage isn’t stored/available. Several loved ones contacted buildings with cameras (about 30). Many in the area Caleb was found and we were told police never called them.

So I’m wondering the source of confirmation on this group jumping Caleb? I’m not at all saying it didn’t happen, but if they stated it was confirmed but no video of it was captured, then is it confirmed by witnesses?

The Police are the ones that told the family it was "confirmed he was jumped by 4-6 people", that was at the time of the search party. It wasn't until after he was found they said the fight had nothing to do with his death and they dismissed the possibility.

No, but still comes from an interesting family.

To be clear, I don't think the restaurant/bar is responsible for Caleb's death.

They may not be responsible, but it certainly isn't a place I will go to. Megan spoke with the GM of Barley and reviewed the videos prior to even filing a missing persons. The people involved in the "jumping" of Caleb worked at Barley. It was also brought up (on the FB page) that the radio station 92.3 is sponsored by Barley House, which is the station Jensen Lewis broadcasts from. They also served him to the point they said he was "very intoxicated", but made him leave without a way home, they also asked Caleb and the man he was in an altercation with to leave at the same time. The place gives me the bad feels.

They may not be responsible, but it certainly isn't a place I will go to. Megan spoke with the GM of Barley and reviewed the videos prior to even filing a missing persons. The people involved in the "jumping" of Caleb worked at Barley. It was also brought up (on the FB page) that the radio station 92.3 is sponsored by Barley House, which is the station Jensen Lewis broadcasts from. They also served him to the point they said he was "very intoxicated", but made him leave without a way home, they also asked Caleb and the man he was in an altercation with to leave at the same time. The place gives me the bad feels.

BBM

This may explain a lot of things. A lot.

If LE saw on video that he was jumped by employees of Barley House, but later said it wasn't the reason he died, it begs the question how did they know that?

I wouldn't go to any of those bars down there, and I encouraged my over 21 kids to avoid them, too. Many of them cater to underage drinkers and it can get pretty bad. Lots of young girls staggering around drunk, vomiting in the alley, falling down. Young guys doing the same, getting in fights, public urination.

I wonder who this other person was (not necessarily their name) that was kicked out of the Barley House the same time with Caleb?
Meaning, was it someone he knew or just a random stranger? someone with a little “status” or friends of those with status?
We know that person was asked to live also, but did they get the same “treatment” leaving as Caleb did? Was this person alone at Barley House or did they have friends who went ahead and left out when them?

According to the fb page, when Caleb was jumped by 4-6 people it was at the Archer building.

If this group of people worked at Barley house as @Liannalei suggested does this mean they followed him over to the Archer building and jumped him?

Same if the group were just patrons at the bar or friends of the other person who also go kicked out?

Or was this a total random occurrence where Caleb was at the wrong place, wrong time & got jumped/mugged?

I’ve been going back through the fb for Caleb and rereading posts and info shared by family.

On a July 1 post it was shared by family (admin) that the night Caleb was at the Barley House it was “reservation only.”
With reservations, a bar would need a reservation list, correct?
Surely LE obtained that list and questioned people to see what they may have witnessed!

According to the fb page, when Caleb was jumped by 4-6 people it was at the Archer building.

If this group of people worked at Barley house as @Liannalei suggested does this mean they followed him over to the Archer building and jumped him?

Same if the group were just patrons at the bar or friends of the other person who also go kicked out?

Or was this a total random occurrence where Caleb was at the wrong place, wrong time & got jumped/mugged?

If Barley House employees were the ones who attacked Caleb, as LE alleged, it sounds like they followed or chased him to the Archer building area. Maybe the other bar patron who got kicked out was a friend of the BH employees? IDK, can only guess.

The whole situation with Caleb's friends and driving arrangements that night is also confusing to me. It would be nice if we knew the whole story of what happened that night. It may have been an accident, but the confusing and conflicting information released to the public just makes people suspicious of foul play.

I'm missing the part where the ME gives some detail as to why he thinks the head/scalp wounds were post-mortem. Can someone tell me the page number? TIA

Just because the head injuries weren't severe enough to cause a skull fracture or bleeding on the brain doesn't mean they weren't strong enough to render him temporarily unconscious. I'm undecided for now, more because of local knowledge of how the city, county and owners of these bars and strip clubs "cooperate" with each other. Even if a guy gets drunk and belligerent, it doesn't give anyone else the right to kill him or knock him out and throw him in the river to drown. If something like that happened, those responsible need to be held accountable.

West Bank of the Flats is a unique place. What happens there stays there, sort of. Very wealthy and powerful people own most of that real estate and used to control it like their own little town. JMO MOO

Map of the route he may have walked. It's pretty far, almost 2 miles. That's quite a distance for someone who is inebriated, late at night.

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

I agree with all points.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member