OH - Candy Newsome, 48 & Kristina "Mykal"Newsome, 16, murdered, Lucasville, 4 Jan 2016*Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Cool Cats

I EXPECT DOUGHNUTS
Reaction score
SCIOTO COUNTY, Ohio (WSAZ) -- UPDATE 10/4/19 @ 10 p.m.
A man from Lucasville faces two aggravated murder charges in connection with the deaths of a mother and daughter who were gunned down nearly four years ago at a home along Blue Run Road in Lucasville.

Kristian+Davis+MUG.jpg

Kristian R. Davis was indicted on two aggravated murder charges in the deaths of Candy Newsome, 48, and her daughter, Kristina "Mykal" Newsome, who was 16.
Kristian R. Davis, 22, was indicted by a grand jury, according to a news release Friday from the Scioto County Sheriff's Office. Investigators say Davis has been in custody in the Scioto County Jail since Nov. 29, 2018, on unrelated charges.

On Jan. 4, 2016, Candy Newsome, 48, and her 16-year-old-daughter, Kristina "Mykal" Newsome, were found dead of apparent gunshot wounds at a home. The mother and daughter were killed execution style, investigators say.

It was news family members had been anxiously hoping to hear for more than three years.

"Every time someone would mention their names, I would just go all to pieces," Candy's mother Elsie Johnson said.

On Friday, Elsie got a phone call from the prosecutor sharing an update she'd worried might never come.

"I'm just glad it's going to be over," she said. "They can rest in peace."

I can't wait to find out what cracked the Rhoden Case, and now I can't wait to find out what lead to this man's arrest in the Newsome Case. I remember when there were serious doubts about arrests being made in either of these Cases.

It remains to be seen if guilty verdicts will eventually be rendered in both Cases.

Court Information:
https://www.sciotocountycpcourt.org/eservices/home.page.2

Last edited:
I think this should be in Crimes in the News forum. Will alert a mod.

Thanks! I have never started a thread before I apologize if I did it wrong. :oops: I thought this was the right way to start a thread. But thanks for alerting a moderator so we can get it done the right way.

Last edited:
Thanks! I have never started a thread before I apologize if I did it wrong. I thought this was the right way to start a thread. But thanks for alerting a moderator so we can get it done the right way.

No problem. The mod might add some detail to the title and move it to another forum is all.

CC thank you for starting the thread may of us have been following both cases
No prob @Berrybell! Way back when, many of us wondered if the Rhoden Gilley killers were the same killers who invaded the Newsome's home. It was seriously a big question mark back then. Now things are starting to come togeter, that maybe we will get the answers we have all waited so long for.

Time will tell if we get guilty verdicts in both these cases but, I don't think any of us are going away any time soon. So we will all be patient and wait it out as always...
Thanks to you and all of you who have stood this course of time---alot of time....:)...:D...thanks ya'all.....

Last edited:
So I have not been able to find much about the relationships they all had with each other.... does anyone have any info to fill me in. If he was a frequent Visitor I am going to assume there is drugs involved in their relationship to Davis. But wanted to see if there is any romantic ties to one of them or was he was just a Friend or did they just have a business relationship? I also wanted to confirm there is no connection to the the Rhoden’s, correct? Just some questions of the I have had on my mind.

web1_Davis-Kristian-R.-2.jpeg

Kristian R Davis
Inmate ID #A725512

LOCATED AT
Ohio Department of Rehabilitation & Correction (ODRC)
FACILITY LOCATION
Columbus, Ohio

BOND IS - $250,000. CASH / SURETY 588/260

Party Charge Information
  • DAVIS, KRISTIAN R-
  • - DEFENDANT
Charge # 1:
2903.02(B)(D)(B) - UNCLASSIFIED MURDER

Charge # 2:
2903.02(B)(D)(B) - UNCLASSIFIED MURDER

Docket Information
Date Docket Text

10/04/2019 INDICTMENT FILED *SPECIFICATION ONE TO COUNT ONE: 2941.145 (A) *SPECIFICATION ONE TO COUNT TWO: 2941.145 (A)
10/04/2019 PROS. ATTYS REQUEST FOR ISSUANCE OF WARRANT UPON INDICTMENT (RULE 9)
10/04/2019 ISSUED WARRANT TO ARREST ON INDICTMENT; TO SCIOTO COUNTY SHERIFF

10/08/2019 NOTICE OF HEARING Judge: HARCHA, III, HOWARD H Event: PRETRIAL CRIMINAL Date: 10/16/2019 Time: 03:30 PM
10/08/2019 APPOINTMENT OF COUNSEL/ARRAIGNMENT AND BOND ENTRY: THE COURT FINDS THE DEFT TO BE INDIGIENT AND HEREBY APPOINTS - GENE MEADOWS AS COUNSEL THE DEFT ENTERS A PLEA OF NOT GUILTY AS CHARGED IN THE INDICTMENT.

10/08/2019 SPECIAL PROJECTS / HARCHA
10/08/2019 DEFT'S REQUEST FOR NOTICE
10/08/2019 DEFENDANTS REQUEST FOR DISCOVERY
10/08/2019 DEFTS REQUEST FOR BILL OF PARTICULARS
10/08/2019 DEFTS RESPONSE TO PROSECUTION DEMAND FOR DISCOVERY
10/08/2019 SHERIFF'S RETURN FILED. SERVED WARRANT TO ARREST ON INDICTMENT ON 10-4-19 BY CARTER
10/08/2019 FINANCIAL DISCLOSURE/AFFIDAVIT OF INDIGENCY
10/08/2019 CERTIFICATE FOR COURT STENOGRAPHER'S FEES

10/17/2019 NOTICE OF HEARING Judge: HARCHA, III, HOWARD H Event: PRETRIAL CRIMINAL Date: 11/08/2019 Time: 11:00 AM

The Scioto County Court of Common Pleas, General Division has unlimited jurisdiction over all felony and civil cases.
https://sciotocountycpcourt.org/ese...9zjAsGVGYUOvYZzDJicK5tqodSi7dhre1IDzppVf3Jr-Q

Last edited:
  • STATE OF OHIO -vs- DAVIS, KRISTIAN R.
  • File Date
  • 03/26/19

• Next Event:
  • 11/08/2019

Party Charge Information
  • DAVIS, KRISTIAN R.
  • - DEFENDANT

• Charge #1
  • 2903.08(A)(1)(A)/(B)(1)(A) AGGRAVATED VEHICULAR ASSAULT (Felony 2nd Degree)

• Charge # 2:
    • (A)(1)(A)/(B)(2)(B) FAILURE TO STOP AFTER AN ACCIDENT (Felony 4th Degree)

Charge # 3:
    4511.19 (A)(1)(A)/(G)(1)(A) - Misdemeanor 1st Degree OPERATING A VEHICLE UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL ,
EVENTS

11/08/2019 11:00 AM 2ND FLOOR COURTROOM FINAL PRETRIAL HARCHA, III, HOWARD H

11/18/2019 09:00 AM 2ND FLOOR COURTROOM JURY TRIAL CRIMINAL 3 DAYS HARCHA, III, HOWARD H
11/19/2019 09:00 AM 2ND FLOOR COURTROOM JURY TRIAL CRIMINAL 3 DAYS HARCHA, III, HOWARD H
11/20/2019 09:00 AM 2ND FLOOR COURTROOM JURY TRIAL CRIMINAL 3 DAYS HARCHA, III, HOWARD H

The Scioto County Court of Common Pleas, General Division
https://sciotocountycpcourt.org/ese...9zjAsGVGYUOvQ0VVk*q*ZcKOBoZTXIsczaywA9rV71NQg

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog
Back