Deceased/Not Found OH - Carrie Culberson, 22, Blanchester, 28 Aug 1996 - #1 *V. Doan guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
tt2froggy said:
I do hope that closure happens for everyone involved.

froggy, this post is for everyone, not just you. You just happen to be the lucky one who posted "that" word.

I do not know why I keep having to say this. There is NO such thing as "closure" for the victims of crime, ever. Nothing is ever closed in their lives again. It's a media spin and it is crap. Have you ever noticed someone whose child is missing, or whose child was murdered and how they start a speech or letter? "Our lives were forever changed......"

You can close a book, you can close your garage door, but you cannot close a crime or the questions that come with it for the rest of your life. (i.e. "Why was my child taken?" , "If I had been there, could I have protected them?" , "Why is the criminal justice system suited to give justice to criminals?") The list goes on and on and on. No family can ever resume a normal life again. Something is missing, something is askew.

Ask anyone on this board who is living it, they will tell you.

PLEASE, I beg of you, quit using this word "CLOSURE".

The proper expression is "an answer". AN answer, not THE answer. AN answer. So many unanswered questions........only answers, no closure.

Lanie, A victim of crime who will never find "closure"

Lanie, thank you and God bless you! I think we need to have t-shirts made up.

Tybee - excellent post!

All I know about this case I heard from the media and a couple of websites. If there is never closure, then why does Debbie Culberson keep "throwing" the word around when she talks to the media? No need to jump down my throat, it was just a question, because she has used the word quite often.
I am on neither side but I do hope that the truth is found out once and for all so that both families can move on with their lives. :)

I guess the main point I was trying to make was missed. So I will help, The judicial system can fail even when we, as a society, try to work for the system to do what it should. I don't know of the guilt, but I am well aware of biased opionions in the judicial system, and the unopened minds there.

And for someone who HAS had tragedy in their life, CLOSURE is an ok word. It means moving on. It means making a choice of letting circumstances rule you or you rule them. It means you taking control and being at peace with something. According to the media, neither family is at peace.

I stumbled across this site researching this subject. I have been in the cincy area since this has happened, and feel for the friends and family of Carrie's, and was looking for info on the case when the digging started back up. I am amazed as how time has gone by people are basically saying that she was a "saint" and didn't seem to have any flaws. We all know that not to be true, we have all done something we are not proud of. Carrie's seems to be caught up in a bad boy. At one time or another, I bet some of us have been drawn to a bad boy we couldn't seem to shake, the biggest difference is we are here to talk about our bad choices, she is not. Like I said before, I feel for both families and I do hope that CLOSURE does find them in any form, be it answers or able to deal with the fact that answers may never reveal themselves.

I am truly amazed at the bitterness that seems to show itself of this thread, how productive is that? Does it truly help anyone achieve the answers that the families are entitled to?

I WAS TRYING TO RESPOND TO THIS POST AND FOR SOME REASON ITS SHOWING THAT I EDITED IT. I DID NOT CHANGE THIS POST.

tt2froggy said:
I guess the main point I was trying to make was missed. So I will help, The judicial system can fail even when we, as a society, try to work for the system to do what it should. I don't know of the guilt, but I am well aware of biased opionions in the judicial system, and the unopened minds there.

And for someone who HAS had tragedy in their life, CLOSURE is an ok word. It means moving on. It means making a choice of letting circumstances rule you or you rule them. It means you taking control and being at peace with something. According to the media, neither family is at peace

I stumbled across this site researching this subject. I have been in the cincy area since this has happened, and feel for the friends and family of Carrie's, and was looking for info on the case when the digging started back up. I am amazed as how time has gone by people are basically saying that she was a "saint" and didn't seem to have any flaws. We all know that not to be true, we have all done something we are not proud of. Carrie's seems to be caught up in a bad boy. At one time or another, I bet some of us have been drawn to a bad boy we couldn't seem to shake, the biggest difference is we are here to talk about our bad choices, she is not. Like I said before, I feel for both families and I do hope that CLOSURE does find them in any form, be it answers or able to deal with the fact that answers may never reveal themselves.

I am truly amazed at the bitterness that seems to show itself of this thread, how productive is that? Does it truly help anyone achieve the answers that the families are entitled to?

I just have to respond to this. Regardless of what a victim of murder did or didnt do in life , it does not justify their murder. Being drawn to a bad boy does not in any way justify murder. To blame the victim for the actions of a deviant is WRONG. I imagine Carrie Culberson's mother is on a quest for closure. Some release to her pain. She hopes that finding her daughters body and giving it a burial will offer a release of her pain. To some degree it will soothe her dispair , but the fact is her daughter was murdered and that will never change. There is no closure in loosing a child only survival. The suspects in this crime were tried , convicted and sentenced. This is not going to change because friends and family members troll websites and harrass friends and family members of the victim of murder and offer no verifiable facts of innocense. In fact its just sick. IMO of course. If they truly believe their loved one innocent their energies would be better spent focused on the judicial system, not internet forums.

You know what people? This stuff you are seeing that is directed at a woman who is unable to defend herself or her family about the things being said should reflect to you what is really going on. I cannot get anybody to answer a question, however I can have this same group of people call me every name this side of Texas and see the false accusations being posted on Vince's site. If I havent done a single thing, then BY GOSH I've shown you all what we have been dealing with.
Yes I'm bitter. I'm sick of being harassed and Carrie's family too. I decided to take a stand against this BS and I wont ever back down because what happend to Carrie - regardless of who you may think is responsible is WRONG. Somebody has to take a stand and say, "you know what", I am wont allow this to happen". Her mother wants her back and I'll be that little thorn in the sides of everybody who doesnt like that until I get what I want. AND I dont think I'm asking too much. So when you read that stuff that is being posted, take a look inside your own mind and see if you think we are truely the people they are saying we are.

We love you Carrie, and we will continue to look at you until you are found!!!
FindCarrie
www.findcarrieculberson.com

It's very easy to see who is innocent here. I personally am here to support you, findcarrie! I think anyone can see through these other folks. If not, just take a glance at that website, review the case. He's an abuser, a murderer and a liar. He's where he belongs. We'll stand with Carrie's family. I pray that she is brought home to her family. You know, I believe with all of my heart that judgment isn't here on earth. Vince and his defenders will be judged someday for their actions and their words.
^i^

findcarrie said:
You know what people? This stuff you are seeing that is directed at a woman who is unable to defend herself or her family about the things being said should reflect to you what is really going on. I cannot get anybody to answer a question, however I can have this same group of people call me every name this side of Texas and see the false accusations being posted on Vince's site. If I havent done a single thing, then BY GOSH I've shown you all what we have been dealing with.
Yes I'm bitter. I'm sick of being harassed and Carrie's family too. I decided to take a stand against this BS and I wont ever back down because what happend to Carrie - regardless of who you may think is responsible is WRONG. Somebody has to take a stand and say, "you know what", I am wont allow this to happen". Her mother wants her back and I'll be that little thorn in the sides of everybody who doesnt like that until I get what I want. AND I dont think I'm asking too much. So when you read that stuff that is being posted, take a look inside your own mind and see if you think we are truely the people they are saying we are.

We love you Carrie, and we will continue to look at you until you are found!!!
FindCarrie
www.findcarrieculberson.com

tybee204 said:
I just have to respond to this. Regardless of what a victim of murder did or didnt do in life , it does not justify their murder. Being drawn to a bad boy does not in any way justify murder. To blame the victim for the actions of a deviant is WRONG. If they truly believe their loved one innocent their energies would be better spent focused on the judicial system, not internet forums.

:chicken: Tybee, Great Post!! The Doan/Bakerclones must feel really superior when they start attacking the victim and saying she was a "bad" girl and she must have brought this upon themselves. I guess because she let herself be a punching bag for Vincieboy that gave him license to take her life. NOT!! Regardless what folks have done in their life (that includes everyone here including the clones) that does not justify murdering the victim and then slandering her memory. Carrie didn't ask for this. VInce did ask for this since he murdered and was tried and convicted for her murder. In life you make choices and Vincey and Tracey chose to commit a heinous murder and now must pay the piper. I only wish Vince would make his family stop slandering Carrie, Debra and anyone else that is involved in this. I guess he condones what the clan is doing. May God pity their souls for what they are doing. BTW, I know what your doing over there and so do the police. They are just watching you folks, proof is stacked up and they are just waiting for one slip up and then off you go to the pokey to join your cousins. Also, how many of his "close relatives" actually go to the prison to visit them and spend time with them? Makes me wonder. Just like the playground bully, all talk and no action. They have the right boy in jail along with his brother the accomplice. :dance:

TT2Froggy,

My sister disappeared in the early 1980s. She was missing for 11 years before her remains were found. No one has been arrested, charged or convicted for her murder. My mother died on her 49th birthday. My father died one month later. They both died years before my sister's remains were found. Just exactly what kind of closure do you think I've had?

LP Moderator said:
TT2Froggy,

My sister disappeared in the early 1980s. She was missing for 11 years before her remains were found. No one has been arrested, charged or convicted for her murder. My mother died on her 49th birthday. My father died one month later. They both died years before my sister's remains were found. Just exactly what kind of closure do you think I've had?

:( LP I am sincerely sorry for your losses. May your mother, father and sister be at peace now and be together in heaven. My apologies for the Doan/Baker Clones that come here under assumed names and try to belittle victims like yourself and Carrie's mother. They obviously don't get it and have no compassion. Most of the posters here can sympathize with you and understand. Others, I can respectively say do not.

God bless your family along with Carrie Culberson and her family.

Char said:
:( LP I am sincerely sorry for your losses. May your mother, father and sister be at peace now and be together in heaven. My apologies for the Doan/Baker Clones that come here under assumed names and try to belittle victims like yourself and Carrie's mother. They obviously don't get it and have no compassion. Most of the posters here can sympathize with you and understand. Others, I can respectively say do not.

God bless your family along with Carrie Culberson and her family.

Thanks Char. I wasn't trying to elicit sympathy, just to prove a point. I do take a great deal of comfort in the fact that my sister is no longer alone and my parents are there with her now.

Family and friends of murderers get on the defensive and lose some of their humanity I think.

LP Moderator said:
Thanks Char. I wasn't trying to elicit sympathy, just to prove a point. I do take a great deal of comfort in the fact that my sister is no longer alone and my parents are there with her now.

Family and friends of murderers get on the defensive and lose some of their humanity I think.

:( I know you weren't looking for sympathy. I was also making a point that NOT all folks that come here are cold and just plain stupid. I can show empathy toward people and the situations they are in but when they come across as rude, obnoxious and disrespectful that just blows it for me. Compassion is the key for anyone be it the victim of a henious crime or the convicted murderer. The minute they stop being human it all goes out the window. I often wonder if Vinceyboy realizes the damage that his socalled clan is doing to him and his reputation? Talk to him and quit standing behind Jesus and the bible. Like life you folks are suiting the bible to your needs and twisting what it stands for. Try showing compassion for Carrie Vincent Supporters and then realize what your boy did and the fact that he is now spending his life behind bars. Maybe then you will feel peace with God instead of all this anger and blaming the victim.

I said "froggy, this post is for everyone, not just you. You just happen to be the lucky one who posted "that" word."

Let me elaborate, I was not attacking you or anyone. I was simply stating a fact. Please re-read my post "this post is for EVERYONE".

I also said "Nothing is ever closed in their lives again. It's a media spin and it is crap."

The media started using this word and it is used wrongly. Period! We happen to pick up and use expressions and words the media did. That is a fact.

Froggy, you said "And for someone who HAS had tragedy in their life, CLOSURE is an ok word. It means moving on."

My comment on this is GOOD for you. If you are happy with that word, so be it. Tragedy and crime are two very different things. Everyone experiences tragedy in their lifetime. Not everyone is a victim of crime.

Froggy you also said "I am truly amazed at the bitterness that seems to show itself of this thread, how productive is that?"

My comment is I too am amazed at how bitter/angry some are, but if you think I am bitter, think again. God has called me to help the families of the missing, lost and abducted. I could not do my work and help them if I were bitter. Personally, I see bitterness on one side of this issue, and on the other side I see passion and an intense desire to help a family who wishes to find and give their daughter a proper burial. Then again, I have spoken to some on Carrie's case, so perhaps I know more than yourself. I have heard the passion in the voices of those who search to find her. None I have spoken with ever sounded angry or bitter. If they had, I would say so.

And for basis2871, you said "If there is never closure, then why does Debbie Culberson keep "throwing" the word around when she talks to the media?"

I'll tell ya what, why not ask her, as I can only speak for myself. I am not Debbie Culberson. I am Lanie, founder of a missing persons advocacy group.

I do hope that everyone here who reads this will understand one thing. I am not, nor have I ever been angry about the use of the word closure. I am simply trying to make a point. If you would close your eyes for one moment and imagine yourself looking for the most important person in your life, you would feel intense despair. Please know that this feeling subsides, because you are not looking for that person. My families are living it, daily, it never stops. The pain, the frustration, the sense of helplessness....it never goes away, even after their loved ones come home.

If you wanna know what my life is like, ask me. I have plenty to say on the subject, and if you wanna do something to help, I can put you to work. All I need is two hours a week. Some of you spend more than that arguing on these dern threads, or plotting to argue on them.

Can we please shift focus and get back to Carrie? If both sides want an answer, let's try and work to get that answer. Finding Carrie.

May God richly bless anyone who reads this. My prayer is that you never know the pain of searching for a missing loved one.
With HOPE, Lanie
Help For The Missing

*edited to fix typos*

WasBlind.....I don't know Debbie Culberson as I'm sure most of you don't either, nor do I know any of the Bakers or Doans, and I'm pretty sure no one here does either. Therefore I don't think it would be appropriate for me to think I should be able to ask her anything, just as I don't think it appropriate of the off color comments that are being made towards each family by posters. I would like to see if anyone knows what the coroner was called to the dig site for, was something found? I just find it interesting to read about the information being given, but that is something that has not been mentioned. Please inlighten everyone if you can. :truce: Thank you for your immediate attention and your time.

I do know several involved and who post here, including Debbie. Although I have never met her in person, some on this board have.

Thanks for your comments, Lanie

Some of us do know Debbie Culberson and we are tired of lies that are being poured out on Vince's website in that guestbook.

I believe I have been posting the latest information about what is going on with Carrie. If those of you could step outside your bubble and read it, then you might understand. I dont care anything about tring to understand Vince's friends because they have been very ugly to me way before any of you got onto this board and started witnessing what I witnessed from the second they found Carrie's site came up back two years ago.

This right here is how it is when you try to deal with them :banghead:

LOL

:boohoo: Since someone somewhere was whining about how Vincent was abused by Carrie, where are the police reports of him reporting it? If he didn't report any abuse, why didn't he? Do you think he got marks on him because Carrie "dared" to fight back? Makes you wonder.

I am also questioning Vince's family life. Since he was an abuser of Carrie, was there any signs that his mother was in an abusive relationship that Vincent was made aware above? Did Vincent's father abuse his mom? Was Vincent abused as a child? Alot of times a child growing up in a situation like that tend to turn into abusers themselves later on in life. First they are charming then BOOM, you have two black eyes and a broken lip. I also know for a fact that in prison Vincent wouldn't dare raising his hand up against a man. Period. You know why? Because MEN can fight back and whip his behind the way he beat Carrie. This last time Carrie couldn't or wouldn't fight back and Vincent killed her. Too bad we can't check county and/or state registers with the FOIL to see if Vincent's mother and Vincent were abused. I would also like to find out if Vincent was a drug abuser growing up and if his mother abused drugs or knew of his behavior and didn't try to stop it. I often wonder what Vincent's mother knew. I have heard that her behavior before, during and after has not been the best either. HEre is her son is on trail for murder and she is at bars drinking and carrying on like it's nothing. YOu would figure his mother would want to take an active part in her son's defense. I wonder why she didn't do that let alone speak up about the abuse. I know this will end up on the other sites so get the information right and answer all the questions instead of running away or twisting it to suit your needs. Must be sad knowing your son is a convicted murderer. Too bad they couldn't sue Vince's mother and step-father for their son's actions and not stopping him when they saw how abusive he was considering he lived near or with his mommy.

Any answers here from Camp Doan?

Carrie Culberson was never beaten by Roger, her father. Roger had past altercations with Debbie but never with the two girls. This is why Debbie eventually divorced him.

I am not going to answer the question about the Baker family having abuse. You form an educated guess in your mind because I dont usually comment on them if I dont have an article to support my findings.

However you can read the news articles here. And you can learn more in depth about this case if you have questions and I'm sure many of you do.

http://www.findcarrieculberson.com/carrieslinkspg1.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member