Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018 *husband suspect* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t live in Ohio, so I need to ask if there were tornadoes near Cheryl’s home? Can’t decide if tornadoes will make it harder or easier to eventually find her?
It's within a couple of miles. IMO it's possible she could be found while cleaning up debri near by. Or the debri could conceal her better if not cleaned up IMO. That's if she's hidden somewhere in line with the tornadoes. It's really hard to figure since she could be many miles from where the tornadoes went through.

For those who reside outside Riverside Ohio, a EF3 tornado came within approx 3/4 of a mile from Cheryl’s home and about 1/2 mile from her moms home, her mom was lucky I was in the middle of the destruction of damage on WPAFB yesterday , and all I can say is OMG, so Cheryl’s mom was very lucky if this tornado would have tracked a little more east she would have affected, and that family does not need any more heartaches
The WPAFB homes look like a war zone ,

The suspect is laughing at them now, and they are losing as each day passes, all they have to do and does not screw up their time at bat, is the grand jury, just present to to a grand jury and see what the jurists think, if they come back with a bill move forward, if not you know you got more evidence to gather and try again....

I read and feel the pain from Cheryl’s close friends on other sites, their push for tee shirts, signs, the billboard, is nice and shows their love for her, but time will take a toll on their efforts and fade away .....

I put the total blame on the police for this families hardship, jumping the starting gate and naming William prime suspect was careless not thinking about the mental well-being of a teenager whose mother is presumed dead...

Good job guys, my family was subject to insensitive and shoddy police work and I see it happening here....

I tend to agree that William Coker is laughing at the situation now and is feeling confident. I initially figured he was crapping his pants daily to be hauled in and charged, but enough time has passed that he may be feeling relief.

I think LE did the best they could though. I think naming him a suspect and releasing video was a strategic move to bring forth further witnesses, statements and info. It did work...it just may not be enough at this point to charge him. It wasn't a bad move; I consider it pretty calculating and it proved fruitful enough with William's radio interview comments and who knows what other tidbits they've got that they haven't released.

Yes, cases are won many times without a body, but these are brought on after years of investigative work. Cheryl's is quite new, although it feels like an eternity.

If he is guilty of this, he may enjoy another 5+ years before her remains are found. If they're never recovered, it'll take someone that knows something to come forward, and even then it'll suck up an immense amount of LE resources to investigate THAT claim to ensure it's legit. Then a case may be sought.

The teen is a huge concern, I agree. I hope she has a strong support system in place. I hope the girlfriend has the good sense (but let's be real...probably not) to stay away from the house when she's there. The teen must be very conflicted and confused to say the least, and doesn't need daddy's friend sucking up all the oxygen and attention.

When a crime is committed such as a missing person, murder, assault, etc...the list is large , the only victim is the person who the crime is directly against, (the missing person, the assault victim, etc...) these are the victims.
Their family is labelled as family of the victim, they are not victims, or their friends, they are labelled as friends of the victim, not victims..

At this rate if we label everyone a victim who is a family member, friend of a crime victim the entire damn country are victims,

The title granted of victim belongs to the actual victim, in this country you see family and friends, want that 15 minutes of fame, the attention, write a book, or in really big cases a movie.

To me labeling everyone except the family dog or cat is an abuse of the word “victim”..

I my family we had 3 murders in 2 incidents, we were not the victims, we were the victims family...

So today in this crappy SoftPC / boohoo world we live in where everyone has sensitive feelings,OMG it makes me sick, grow up and not take advantage of a crime that occurred to someone else to make you feel important, put that energy to good use, solve the crime, for your family member or friend, stop making it about yourself......

Could we please keep this about Cheryl?

I understand you’re upset that you’re not allowed to speak badly about her family, but those comments have no place on this site. It’s a violation of TOS, which clearly define the term “victim” as inclusive of family members. Find another place to criticize her family.

When a crime is committed such as a missing person, murder, assault, etc...the list is large , the only victim is the person who the crime is directly against, (the missing person, the assault victim, etc...) these are the victims.
Their family is labelled as family of the victim, they are not victims, or their friends, they are labelled as friends of the victim, not victims..

At this rate if we label everyone a victim who is a family member, friend of a crime victim the entire damn country are victims,

The title granted of victim belongs to the actual victim, in this country you see family and friends, want that 15 minutes of fame, the attention, write a book, or in really big cases a movie.

To me labeling everyone except the family dog or cat is an abuse of the word “victim”..

I my family we had 3 murders in 2 incidents, we were not the victims, we were the victims family...

So today in this crappy SoftPC / boohoo world we live in where everyone has sensitive feelings,OMG it makes me sick, grow up and not take advantage of a crime that occurred to someone else to make you feel important, put that energy to good use, solve the crime, for your family member or friend, stop making it about yourself......

This is and always been about Cheryl, my comments were not directed specifically , but are a broad brush

And yes the word victim is used tooliberal and the word alleged is not used correctly in cases

So what does everyone want the “suspect” to file a claim for compensation under the victims fund, in this case until he’s convicted of the crime he’s a victim, so I surprised he hasn’t filed...

I'm confused Tooltime...what prompted this?

I guess when you put a IPad(s) in the hands of someone recouping from surgery, I spent the time researching the legal aspects of this case, going to DOJ sites and others and speaking with the criminal lawyers at my sisters law offices....

With all this time I read every site that pertains to the Coker case, I saw things or events that were confusing, or utterly stupid.

The rules of this site make me wonder, are we wearing soft gloves and handling fine crystal or are we honestly trying to accomplish the number one goal, FIND CHERYL.....she is the VICTIM, ....and only VICTIM....

I read one site, where they said there are approx 90,000 missing persons per , and they also stated that counting the family , friends, etc... we could have 450,000 victims, and another site found that the majority of that grand total were abusing the title of victim, for attention, 15 minutes of fame, and in high profile cases writing books and making movies, by which loses the seriousness of the initial case the missing person, they also abuse the system by applying for the Victims compensation fund,
And since in the Coker case the “suspect” not charged or convicted I surprised he hasnt filed for the compensation on his daughters behalf to make money...

So we need to stop protecting peoples sensitive feelings who are directly involved with a case, and yes I believe that kids involved in cases like this need to be told the truth from the beginning, don’t pretend like we are in the Coker case, kids are smart today they know the internet better than most adults.

Let’s for discussion purposes take a case similiar, mom missing , dad suspect, let’s lie to minor children and pretend nothing happened and the day if it ever came, the truth comes out, I think that would hurt the minors worse, and give them a feeling of not trusting adults....

In my book no matter how it hurts the truth is always right, bending or pretending or lying hurts more to the innocence....

So let’s all agree Cheryl is the victim, period, VICTIM, .......stop tip toeing around and solve the case , our system has enough professionals to sort this out ......

Having spent a lot of time here and on other threads- the mods have been especially liberal on this thread in particular, allowing some pretty direct attacks/accusations towards family members (specifically one family member). I don't think anyone is holding back or "tip toeing around" in this case. Yes the family is considered victims until proven otherwise by LE and MSM but the mods have let us speak fairly openly with our opinions on this case IMO
The TOS aren't arbitrary or just there to protect the "snowflakes", these accusations can be extremely damaging. There was a thread not too long ago where an autistic boy ran away from his dad at a park and EVERYONE was attacking the dad saying he killed the boy. Turned out the dad was possibly on the autism spectrum as well, which is why his interviews seemed "off", and he had absolutely nothing to do with the disappearance.
I'll never forget that case because it really showed that not everything was as it seems, people really do need to be deemed as innocent until proven guilty and not the other way around. That's how our justice system works, not just websleuths.

I have given that theory a lot of thought from different angles..
First was she taken someplace and they are keeping her a drugged prisoner, ...

But the logistics and expense to accomplish the first, rules it out..
Second, did she run away on her own, could have, but if she ever did this she would be the one going to prison, once found......

Third,....I the beginning they mentioned she was seeing other people, could she have been taken into human trafficking , probably the most possible , since according to the state of Ohio, 24-48 counties in Ohio have no training or access to victim services, they estimate approx, 1078 individuals are taken annually, and sadly Toledo Ohio is the largest recruitment site for human trafficking in the USA,
And Toledo, is about a a 3 hour drive north of here straight up I-75,

So I think the police should consider looking that direction, this to me has possibilities, let’s say for discussion she hooked up with a bad person, and she’s gone".........look at the rates of trafficking in the Dayton area and it makes me sick..

Being part of the military and govt service, we had mandatory briefings annually on this subject, very, very scarey....

I have given that theory a lot of thought from different angles..
First was she taken someplace and they are keeping her a drugged prisoner, ...

But the logistics and expense to accomplish the first, rules it out..
Second, did she run away on her own, could have, but if she ever did this she would be the one going to prison, once found......

Third,....I the beginning they mentioned she was seeing other people, could she have been taken into human trafficking , probably the most possible , since according to the state of Ohio, 24-48 counties in Ohio have no training or access to victim services, they estimate approx, 1078 individuals are taken annually, and sadly Toledo Ohio is the largest recruitment site for human trafficking in the USA,
And Toledo, is about a a 3 hour drive north of here straight up I-75,

So I think the police should consider looking that direction, this to me has possibilities, let’s say for discussion she hooked up with a bad person, and she’s gone".........look at the rates of trafficking in the Dayton area and it makes me sick..

Being part of the military and govt service, we had mandatory briefings annually on this subject, very, very scarey....

A couple of comments—very unlikely that she’d get into trouble for running off on her own. Based on cases I’ve heard of in the past, the police would issue an announcement saying: “no need to keep searching for her,” and that would be that.

Regarding human trafficking—at age 46, she’s about 30 years too old to be of interest to traffickers—besides having a very low-risk middle-class background.

All this MOO

Last edited:
I guess when you put a IPad(s) in the hands of someone recouping from surgery, I spent the time researching the legal aspects of this case, going to DOJ sites and others and speaking with the criminal lawyers at my sisters law offices....

With all this time I read every site that pertains to the Coker case, I saw things or events that were confusing, or utterly stupid.

The rules of this site make me wonder, are we wearing soft gloves and handling fine crystal or are we honestly trying to accomplish the number one goal, FIND CHERYL.....she is the VICTIM, ....and only VICTIM....

I read one site, where they said there are approx 90,000 missing persons per , and they also stated that counting the family , friends, etc... we could have 450,000 victims, and another site found that the majority of that grand total were abusing the title of victim, for attention, 15 minutes of fame, and in high profile cases writing books and making movies, by which loses the seriousness of the initial case the missing person, they also abuse the system by applying for the Victims compensation fund,
And since in the Coker case the “suspect” not charged or convicted I surprised he hasnt filed for the compensation on his daughters behalf to make money...

So we need to stop protecting peoples sensitive feelings who are directly involved with a case, and yes I believe that kids involved in cases like this need to be told the truth from the beginning, don’t pretend like we are in the Coker case, kids are smart today they know the internet better than most adults.

Let’s for discussion purposes take a case similiar, mom missing , dad suspect, let’s lie to minor children and pretend nothing happened and the day if it ever came, the truth comes out, I think that would hurt the minors worse, and give them a feeling of not trusting adults....

In my book no matter how it hurts the truth is always right, bending or pretending or lying hurts more to the innocence....

So let’s all agree Cheryl is the victim, period, VICTIM, .......stop tip toeing around and solve the case , our system has enough professionals to sort this out ......

I get it now. I agree, the only victims are the countless missing/murdered, and there are way too many of them. Family and friends are the peripheral damaged, sadly...but LE needs to keep the focus on the true victim in each case and use him/her as the focal point.

I also agree our society is too soft and politically correct these days...I guess we're both old enough to sense the change. But I've also witnessed a lot of good that's come from technological advances and social consciousness, so there's that :)

I feel saddened by the stall in the case, too. I see things moving in the Jennifer Dulos case and God how I wish it were true for this one. They don't have a body in Jennifer's either, BUT they have discarded bloody trash, blood found in garage, just to list a few. I think you are SO correct that LE should have searched Cheryl's home quicker. Jennifer was in the midst of a divorce as well, and she had expressed intense fear of her husband. Perhaps that started the ball rolling quicker in Connecticut?

Would if Cheryl is still alive out there?

Possible, based on the police reports from husband and girlfriend who openly discuss an open marriage arrangement and Cheryl hooking up with strangers and partying with them on top of it. Eek...the statements are poignant, uncomfortable and one-sided.

Probable, though? Well, most happily vested swingers don't file for divorce and refuse to go on vacation with a husband they're happily open with, and then vanish.

No one has come forward publicly stating that Cheryl's a loose cannon in any way shape or form. Not even a John that's found to be credible or not.

The husband's on-air radio interview where he lets slip some major inconsistencies, tips the scale the most towards not probable for me.

I took a break today just to get out of home and see what’s going on after being recovering from surgery, I travelled down Grange Hill Rd which is about 1.5 miles from my home and Cheryl’s, the total destruction of that neighborhood was unbelievable , made me cry.......last count in that a Beavercreek area 600 + homes severely damaged or destroyed, OMG

Back to the Cheryl case, when I touched on the human trafficking issue, I saw an article from a Cleveland Ohio Fox station dated Feb 22; 2019,
They had stated Ohio actually in the US ranks as high as fourth in terms as the most prevalent use of sexually trafficked people, especially women from age 13-60 years old, I hope that Cheryl did not fall into this ugly world, and the article stated the older women are used as work slaves ..

Reference Dayton daily news story June 15, 2018, a restaurant called the Food for Life restaurant at 3489:W. Siebenthaler Ave Dayton Ohio, had women forced into slave labor at this restaurant, right in plain sight in Dayton Ohio, so in Cheryl’s case anything is possible.....scary.....

I get it now. I agree, the only victims are the countless missing/murdered, and there are way too many of them. Family and friends are the peripheral damaged, sadly...but LE needs to keep the focus on the true victim in each case and use him/her as the focal point.

I also agree our society is too soft and politically correct these days...I guess we're both old enough to sense the change. But I've also witnessed a lot of good that's come from technological advances and social consciousness, so there's that :)

I feel saddened by the stall in the case, too. I see things moving in the Jennifer Dulos case and God how I wish it were true for this one. They don't have a body in Jennifer's either, BUT they have discarded bloody trash, blood found in garage, just to list a few. I think you are SO correct that LE should have searched Cheryl's home quicker. Jennifer was in the midst of a divorce as well, and she had expressed intense fear of her husband. Perhaps that started the ball rolling quicker in Connecticut?

Jennifer’s mother is LOADED....that hasn’t hurt, although it may be that the police in New Canaan Ct just jumped on it sooner. These two cases really are rather similar, except, like you said, Jennifer made an official statement regarding her fear of her husband, and as far as we know, Cheryl did not.

Jennifer’s mother is LOADED....that hasn’t hurt, although it may be that the police in New Canaan Ct just jumped on it sooner. These two cases really are rather similar, except, like you said, Jennifer made an official statement regarding her fear of her husband, and as far as we know, Cheryl did not.
I think the big difference is the kinds of evidence that were found in Jennifer's case - blood in particular. With Cheryl's case law enforcement may not have anything like that. If they did, after this much time for sure, I would expect an arrest. But then again, we have the Rhoden family case in Ohio where law enforcement knew who they were after for quite a long time, had the bodies, and piles of evidence and they took a long time before making an arrest.

Unfortunately, it is quite apparent that Cheryl's case will not go forward until she is located. As I mentioned earlier on the previous thread there hasn't been a no body case tried anywhere in Ohio in over 90 years. I would be shocked if they move forward without her body.

I totally agree , as per the Rhoden case, LE had everything they needed, but for some stupid reason they did not go to Alaska and haul their butts back to Ohio, the part of that case that really annoys me is the role the grandmothers played in this murder , the one making bulletproof vest purchases, but trying to act dumb, but it’s a typical band of rednecks losing control over a custody issue, I sure hope it was worth the murders of eight people..
As per the Coker case I do agree with a posting a few back where they think the police thought they could rattle the tree, but it did not work..
And if I was LE I would not trust any new witness statements nine months after the fact, unless they can lead them by the hand to her body..
If people haven’t come foreword by now they won’t, and these tornados we experienced people are focused on trying to rebuild their own individual worlds, and sadly ,Cheryls disappearance is #64 on their list, of priorities now..

I had even thought and it’s far fetched, if the suspect had disposed her body in an abandoned building in the Trotwood, Riverside, or Beavercreek communities wouldn’t be something when they eventually clean up the massive debris fields she would turn up..

And the previous post where it was mentioned that LE hasn’t tried a case without a body in 90 years, well it’s goes back to one of my previous posts, where the state passes laws to allow them to try without a body, but a prosecutor today is more afraid of losing the case and their job, it really irritates me, if they wait for a body to try this case , I think we have a better chance of hell freezing over......
I feel bad for Cheryl, I feel like her community is letting her down....

I will say it a million times, LE should close their eyes take the leap of faith, and try the case, if they lose , at least they tried, if they don’t try, there cowards and to me it’s a slap in Cheryl’s face....

I will say it a million times, LE should close their eyes take the leap of faith, and try the case, if they lose , at least they tried, if they don’t try, there cowards and to me it’s a slap in Cheryl’s face....

RSBM
So then what happens when Cheryl's body is found 2 years from now covered in DNA from the perp but they've already charged, tried, and lost that case and because of double jeopardy he can't be charged for her murder a second time???
I'm sorry but I vehemently disagree with what you're saying here. That would be grossly negligent on their part if they just "took a leap of faith" hoping something sticks. If they don't have a body I would want them to have some hard evidence so that this creep doesn't get away with anything. The thought of trying him and having him walk free, not allowed to be charged ever again with the murder, is much worse of an outcome than being patient and waiting until there is a bulletproof case built. At 8 months in I don't think it's time to start thinking that LE is just resting on their laurels doing nothing and that this is a cold case and that nothing will ever come of this.
(edit spelling)

The prosecutors and LE complain that their hands are tied in how the laws are written, the state law makers change laws and it’s still not good enough...

And I do believe what the previous post stated about the only way this case will move foreword is with the body, there are so many missing persons cases across the country where the bodies have NEVER been found and the suspect lives a long happy life, if it was my decision I would take the leap of faith and hope for the best, but at least I tried, instead of sitting on my hands waiting for a wrapped gift...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
londontolaw