Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d say it was planned. Maybe not months in advance, but perhaps he thought about how he’d do it and the opportunity presented itself so he took it IMO. I say this because he had the mind to kill her, move her car, dump her body, and clean up any evidence all before the daughter got home from her school day and hoping that no one would come to check on her when she didn’t show up to work. That’s a lot of moving parts. I wouldn’t doubt that he’d pre planned where the dump site would be. My opinion is that she’s somewhere in Eastwood Lake inside the metro park by her home.

I'm curious, do you all think this was premeditated or a spontaneous act of rage? If planned then it's possible a grave was dug before the murder. Also wondering if Cheryl had a life insurance policy.

Premeditated, for me. Although a case could be made that, between the divorce filing and taking the girlfriend on the trip with the daughter, could have created the mother of all fights when Bill got back-resulting in a savage attack on Cheryl that wasn’t planned

I can't make up my mind at this point whether it was fit of rage or planned. I lean towards planned, although for him to do it on a day she has to be at work by 9 is really stupid. But, he's limited to week days for M to be out of the house, and maybe he only has Tuesday as his one week day off.

I do believe though that it happened very soon after she arrived home. And if killed her in the shower/bathroom, there may be no clothes to find.

The black hoodie may very well have been shoplifted...that is an excellent thought. There aren't as many cameras in Costco as one might think and they rely heavily on undercover surveillance. Could also have been purchased in Orlando with cash, and since this information wasn't released to the public close to the disappearance, I doubt very much anyone would remember him or the purchase.

I read a WHIO article this am, that Williams employer Costco is getting swamped with calls about William, being the main suspect, and viewing their displeasure that he works there
This is SO WRONG to me on many levels! Very inappropriate for people to do this. I get why they are angry, but, isn't it better for him to be at work where LE has an idea where he is, than to have him let go, possibly causing him to go on the run? Not to mention, once again, he has NOT been arrested for murdering Cheryl. Yes, he was named a suspect- very unusual to not have a suspect arrested once they are named.

Harassing the poor coworkers by calling them on the phone or coming in to complain isn't fair to them. They are just trying make a paycheck like the rest of us. This is their livelihood, and they had nothing to do with this. They should be able to work in peace.

You can't fire someone just because he MAY have done something. Proof is needed, and they don't have any proof that he committed this crime.

Of course, we all know in our hearts that he did this, but our hearts won't stand up in front of a jury of his peers, evidence does.

This is SO WRONG to me on many levels! Very inappropriate for people to do this. I get why they are angry, but, isn't it better for him to be at work where LE has an idea where he is, than to have him let go, possibly causing him to go on the run? Not to mention, once again, he has NOT been arrested for murdering Cheryl. Yes, he was named a suspect- very unusual to not have a suspect arrested once they are named.

Harassing the poor coworkers by calling them on the phone or coming in to complain isn't fair to them. They are just trying make a paycheck like the rest of us. This is their livelihood, and they had nothing to do with this. They should be able to work in peace.

You can't fire someone just because he MAY have done something. Proof is needed, and they don't have any proof that he committed this crime.

Of course, we all know in our hearts that he did this, but our hearts won't stand up in front of a jury of his peers, evidence does.

Absolutely agree here.

I'm curious, do you all think this was premeditated or a spontaneous act of rage? If planned then it's possible a grave was dug before the murder. Also wondering if Cheryl had a life insurance policy.
Premeditated, going by her texts to her co-workers and friends. I do believe he wanted her gone, she told a family member that he wanted her out of the house by the time he got back from Florida. I bet he knew she would not leave her home, and why should she? He's the one that wanted the girlfriend and didn't want to work on their marriage. He wanted his cake and to eat it, too. As soon as Cheryl said "no more, let's work on our marriage", he was pissed (in my opinion!) because in order for him to keep the lifestyle he was enjoying living, he had to give up the other woman. In my opinion only- if Cheryl didn't leave the house by the time he got back, he was going to kill her. He already tried running her off the road after she filed for divorce. That tells me all I need to know.

Couldn't agree more! Like these managers have nothing better than to field stupid calls like this. And I'm sure some of these people have called corporate, which give the managers even more stress to deal with.

You're right, he hasn't been arrested and should have a right to work like any other free person on the planet. I have no idea why people can't see that getting pissed at Costco is ridiculous. Fire him on WHAT grounds? We live in America people!!

Couldn't agree more! Like these managers have nothing better than to field stupid calls like this. And I'm sure some of these people have called corporate, which give the managers even more stress to deal with.

You're right, he hasn't been arrested and should have a right to work like any other free person on the planet. I have no idea why people can't see that getting pissed at Costco is ridiculous. Fire him on WHAT grounds? We live in America people!!

I also feel bad for his coworkers and managers. Imagine knowing you are working with a murderer, but can't do a damn thing about it. You have to literally tip toe around him, throughout your shift. Smile and laugh when you either want to smack him or run away from him yourself, out of fear. Making these poor people's lives more miserable by calling, making comments and complaints at the store, saying crap to Bill when they walk by- think of his co workers, please- in our opinions, he's killed Cheryl, who wants to set his temper off again and be responsible for someone else going missing or getting killed, because they just have to open their mouths while there. You, as a customer, get to go home and not deal with him. The coworkers have no choice.

Of course, I could say this til I am blue in my face, but of course, there are those that don't care enough about the people around him to keep their mouths shut.

You’re very right. I couldn’t imagine having to work with him, but at the same time I believe that it’s wrong to impede daily business for Costco and the others that work there.

Anyone have any updates today? There was some activity of cars at Eastwood earlier but I’m not sure if it was TE.

The above posts answered some questions and created 20 others,
I can understand the frustration of people of knowing what he is suspected of doing, his life right now has to be like I told my wife “ nightmare on cristy lane” in 3D, but taking the harassment to Costco puts his fellow Costco employees at a great safety risk, what if one day he snaps or a disgruntled friend of Cheryl snaps and the innocent are caught in the crossfire, it also must be difficult for the GF, since she works there too
There fellow employees, probably only interact with them as little as possible , strictly work stuff, so they don’t get sucked into his nightmare on cristy lane drama
I see the longer the police take to formerly arrest him, Costco I bet is consulting with their corporate attorneys , to find a way to terminate his employment under the grounds of a hostile work environment that could cause harm to employees or customers, or destruction of store property, I really feel his days are numbered there, then if that happens God only knows how he flip out, a cornered mad dog will bite you

I see the police know this and are trying to act swiftly before this happens, I can guarantee push come to shove if Costco’s legal team says he goes, they will not listen to a small town police force.

Costco also has to worry that his fellow employees don’t file a hostile work environment law suit feeling there lively hood or health are threatened, and I did some researching and it is legal for them to sue Costco for allowing a unsafe hostile environment.
Just think of how many employees who used to be happy to go to work there now dread it because of him

It’s a large frigrand mess created by a knucklehead , easily solved by by such knucklehead coming forward and admit what he did, but he’s a coward , nothing but a yellowbellied coward.......

The above posts answered some questions and created 20 others,
I can understand the frustration of people of knowing what he is suspected of doing, his life right now has to be like I told my wife “ nightmare on cristy lane” in 3D, but taking the harassment to Costco puts his fellow Costco employees at a great safety risk, what if one day he snaps or a disgruntled friend of Cheryl snaps and the innocent are caught in the crossfire, it also must be difficult for the GF, since she works there too
There fellow employees, probably only interact with them as little as possible , strictly work stuff, so they don’t get sucked into his nightmare on cristy lane drama
I see the longer the police take to formerly arrest him, Costco I bet is consulting with their corporate attorneys , to find a way to terminate his employment under the grounds of a hostile work environment that could cause harm to employees or customers, or destruction of store property, I really feel his days are numbered there, then if that happens God only knows how he flip out, a cornered mad dog will bite you

I see the police know this and are trying to act swiftly before this happens, I can guarantee push come to shove if Costco’s legal team says he goes, they will not listen to a small town police force.

Costco also has to worry that his fellow employees don’t file a hostile work environment law suit feeling there lively hood or health are threatened, and I did some researching and it is legal for them to sue Costco for allowing a unsafe hostile environment.
Just think of how many employees who used to be happy to go to work there now dread it because of him

It’s a large frigrand mess created by a knucklehead , easily solved by by such knucklehead coming forward and admit what he did, but he’s a coward , nothing but a yellowbellied coward.......

Well said. This is exactly what I was thinking. I really have NO idea why they haven’t arrested him for obstruction of justice for leaving the car and lying to them. It’s not like they can’t add a murder charge later if they find her.

I doubt there are any employees truly "afraid" of Bill. He's been there long enough to have friends that support him (surmising based on perusal of Cheryl & Bill's facebooks). I honestly would not be afraid of him, if I was a co-worker. Based on what he's suspected of, I'm not his wife and he has nothing to gain from hurting me. It's not like he's a serial killer with random victims. From observers that post about his demeanor, all have commented that he's acting normally and some have implied, upbeat, and so has his gf, even after the release of the hoodie photos.

That said, I wouldn't be poking a bear, and badgering him in the breakroom, "Hey what'd you do with Cheryl?" I'd probably treat him like I would any co-worker, with respect and be pleasant. Although I'd probably ask a close co-worker friend at lunch, "Hey, anyone you hear getting interviewed by police today?" "What do you think Bill's friend's think?" "What's his demeanor today?"

My only fear right now are with the crazies with pitchforks calling Costco with complaints that he's working there. You guys are right...it takes one self-righteous lunatic from the public to start a fight and some innocents could get hurt. I guarantee they've stepped up security.

Last edited:
I was wondering today, they obviously can't 100% pin the hoodie photos on him, and that's why they haven't brought in for lying or obstruction of justice?

Also, let's say they do find the body. Will they wait months to test before arresting him? I'm hoping that if a witness tip or polygraph is what led them to their search area, and they find her, than he will be arrested within days.

But they're obviously waiting to recover the body, which is frustrating.

I agree with Wyome, let’s say some miracle happens today, and Cheryl is found, that is no guarantee that this will be the thing that pulls his get out of jail card away from him, the only way his arrest would happen right away if they could find his black hoodie and gloves, it may seem odd but I think finding that black hoodie and gloves are more of a guarantee to arrest, trial and conviction now than her body at this point, I hate to say it like that,
That is the one large piece of evidence that ties it all together

True. They do have a lot of circumstantial evidence. A lot of people are put away with less than what they have. However, I feel like they are hoping for a body. I wonder if they feel like they messed up by saying he was the only suspect they were looking at, if they do charge him without a body or with just circumstancial evidence it could prove difficult to get a conviction or at the very least give him good grounds for an appeal by saying they only focused on him. If the police released the videos of bill in the hoodie and stated it was him I’d be surprised if they would now say they weren’t 100% sure it was him.

IMO LE has only released a small amount of information and evidence they have. Even if they have enough to charge him now with obstruction of justice, they may not be ready to turn over that evidence to a defense attorney yet. Once an arrest is made, that evidence will have to be presented and the clock starts counting down. If they aren't confident of a successful murder conviction yet, they're gonna wait to see if they can find Cheryl's remains soon. As an example, what if they have found the murder weapon but they need her remains to prove corresponding injuries?

In response to post # 992, even though you stated William has friends at work and all should be good, we need to look back to 16-feb-2019, an article from WQAD, about an employee who was fired after 15 years, and on this day a 45 year old man named GaryMartin, after learning he was fired shot and killed 5 coworkers and critically injuried a 6 th, at a manufacturing co.
I am not saying something bad will happen, but if William has already killed and his life falls apart there is no telling what he would do.
I’m not privy to Costco legal but when the Martin case happens other companies don’t want the “what if” happens at their company..

So basically when the police had that news conference where they presented the black hoodie videos and named him number one suspect, they already secretly employed Texas EquuSearch , they were that confident, that they were close, but like that old saying..
“ close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades”
I think they went a little too much confident , because nothing yet on search, ( how long is Texas EquuSearch Here for),
I think they overplayed their hand and lost...

So basically when the police had that news conference where they presented the black hoodie videos and named him number one suspect, they already secretly employed Texas EquuSearch , they were that confident, that they were close, but like that old saying..
“ close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades”
I think they went a little too much confident , because nothing yet on search, ( how long is Texas EquuSearch Here for),
I think they overplayed their hand and lost...
I don't think they were over confident. I think they probably already have a good case against him but they want to tie up any loose ends. They have already said they won't necessarily wait until Cheryl's found to make an arrest. If that's the case then they must have some pretty damning evidence IMO.

They've seen Cheryl's loved ones' tears, they've heard their desperation, they want to bring Cheryl home for them. I'm not giving up on LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilyboy13