OH - Couple charged with abusing 5 adopted children - June 26th 2024

Clearsky

Reaction score

The mother of the children is at the Clermont County jail following her arrest. The father is currently in prison for having sexual relations with a sixth foster-adopted son. The couple in question is a 49-year-old mother, Matthew Edmonson, and her 63-year-old husband, the father, Charles Edmonson.

The charges all involve the couple's five current foster-adopted children; all of them are boys under the age of 13, and all but one have disabilities.

"When they were punished, they said they would lose everything,” Dattilo said. “Losing everything to them meant that they would lose their clothes, their underwear, their diapers, and that they didn't get to eat. They're in that dungeon."
'It's inhumane': Clermont County couple charged for alleged abuse of 5 adopted boys

“Detective (Mike) Ross recovered numerous videos of the defendants treating these beloved special needs children worse than prisoners of war in their own home,” Tekulve said. “In videos too graphic to describe, it is very clear that these children were tortured, abused and traumatized on a nearly daily basis.”
‘Worse than prisoners of war’ Clermont County parents indicted for child abuse

Sure does make you wonder if these people took these specific kids in, for exactly this purpose.
Especially given the reports that the oldest of the victims had been groomed for years.

"Reports say Charles Robert Edmonson has a previous conviction for engaging in sexual relations with a different adopted son. The victim was an adult but had been groomed since a young age, officials tell WCPO. Charles was convicted of gross sexual imposition and is serving three years in prison." Ohio couple accused of torturing, abusing 5 adopted children

Sure does make you wonder if these people took these specific kids in, for exactly this purpose.
Especially given the reports that the oldest of the victims had been groomed for years.

"Reports say Charles Robert Edmonson has a previous conviction for engaging in sexual relations with a different adopted son. The victim was an adult but had been groomed since a young age, officials tell WCPO. Charles was convicted of gross sexual imposition and is serving three years in prison." Ohio couple accused of torturing, abusing 5 adopted children
yep and I am betting that grooming was a mixture of abuse followed by special, non abusive, treatment for behaviors that daddy Edmondson wanted to engage in. Sick. When your very surivival depends on the adults who control every aspect of your life it is easy to see how quickly a child will capitulate.

After collaborating with the Ohio Narcotics Intelligence Center, detectives unlocked data from Charles Edmonson’s cellphone and uncovered videos showing the children being abused and neglected, the sheriff’s office said.

"The videos of these undernourished and naked children huddled up in a locked room in the basement, on the stone-cold basement floor like a pile of puppies trying to stay together to keep warm, are nothing short of gut-wrenching," Clermont County Prosecutor Mark Tekulve said in a statement.

After collaborating with the Ohio Narcotics Intelligence Center, detectives unlocked data from Charles Edmonson’s cellphone and uncovered videos showing the children being abused and neglected, the sheriff’s office said.

"The videos of these undernourished and naked children huddled up in a locked room in the basement, on the stone-cold basement floor like a pile of puppies trying to stay together to keep warm, are nothing short of gut-wrenching," Clermont County Prosecutor Mark Tekulve said in a statement.
As if the abuse itself wasn't bad enough, these monsters made sure they had videos of it.
Infuriating. :mad:

As if the abuse itself wasn't bad enough, these monsters made sure they had videos of it.
Infuriating. :mad:
I am always amazed at the sheer stupidity of abusive adults who have cameras inside the home and zero qualms about creating video evidence of their crimes. Like, they go to all this trouble of making sure their victims are removed from the watchful eyes of mandated reporters, and yet perform their acts of depravity on video???

I am glad they do because it helps with prosecution but, just why? Are they that confident their actions will never come to light?

I am always amazed at the sheer stupidity of abusive adults who have cameras inside the home and zero qualms about creating video evidence of their crimes. Like, they go to all this trouble of making sure their victims are removed from the watchful eyes of mandated reporters, and yet perform their acts of depravity on video???

I am glad they do because it helps with prosecution but, just why? Are they that confident their actions will never come to light?
I've often wondered if the evil in them that causes them to do the unspeakable things they do, actually makes them stupid & reckless. It's truly a sickening thought but I can only assume they record it on video to take repeated pleasure in their acts of abuse. And yes, in that vile stupidity, I do think that they think they'll never get caught.

I've talked to a lot of LE over the years (close friends and my bother who was a cop for quite some time) and they usually say the same thing about how stupid criminals really are. I guess we can be thankful that most of them are indeed that stupid.

jmo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soraxtm