OH OH-Cuyahoga Co, WhtMale, UP113376, Found lying on train tracks, Nov '23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

phantomstrider

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Date Body Found November 14, 2023
Location Found Brooklyn, Ohio
Biological Sex Male
Race/Ethnicity White/Caucasian
Estimated Age Group Late Teen/Young Adult
Height 5' 8"(68 inches) , Measured
Weight 120 lbs, Measured
Location Brooklyn, Ohio 44144
County Cuyahoga County
Found On Tribal Land No
Circumstances of Recovery A train conductor witnessed a male lying on the train tracks around 0600 hours on 11/14/2023. The train struck the male and he was pronounced deceased on scene.
Condition of Remains Recognizable face
Hair Color Black
Left Eye Color Blue
Right Eye Color Blue
Eye Description Blue eyes, possibly Hazel
Tattoo No tattoos, no piercings, no personal property or identifying marks on the body. Partial beard thicker on the mustache line and chin, very thin on the jaw line.
Clothing Blue zip-up hoodie, light blue t-shirt, gray Addidas sweatpants, white socks, blue Crocs with the Cleveland Guardians symbol on them

This young man went missing from PA (6 hour drive from this UID) 2 days prior to his discovery. I don't think they look too similar (especially looking at hairline, hair color, and eyebrows) but its hard to tell due to limited photographs. Do you guys also agree Greg can be ruled out?
Greg Evan Nissley
1705023147978.png1705023193490.png

This young man went missing from PA (6 hour drive from this UID) 2 days prior to his discovery. I don't think they look too similar (especially looking at hairline, hair color, and eyebrows) but its hard to tell due to limited photographs. Do you guys also agree Greg can be ruled out?
Greg Evan Nissley
View attachment 473972View attachment 473973
I agree on the rule out of Greg, but my rule out is due to hair texture. But good sleuthing on finding and reviewing this possibility!

Seems unlikely to be GEN.
But the reconstruction is not a photograph, so there could be some leeway from the artist. I don't 100% rule GEN out for this UID, noting that enough does match, and his NamUs profile says he could be disoriented. But I really hope he can be definitively excluded. It does seem like the UID is more likely to have ties to Ohio (?) JMO.

ETA: I also think JJC mentioned above is a potential match. But also hope he isn't and that both of these young men come home safely very soon.

Seems unlikely to be GEN.
But the reconstruction is not a photograph, so there could be some leeway from the artist. I don't 100% rule GEN out for this UID, noting that enough does match, and his NamUs profile says he could be disoriented. But I really hope he can be definitively excluded. It does seem like the UID is more likely to have ties to Ohio (?) JMO.

ETA: I also think JJC mentioned above is a potential match. But also hope he isn't and that both of these young men come home safely very soon.
there is a postmortem photograph I thought? In the 12/28/23 post above.

there is a postmortem photograph I thought? In the 12/28/23 post above.

Since it says, "image completed by forensic artist" I assume it's somehow a very realistic reconstruction that looks like a photo.

The latest type of reconstruction?
Does anyone here know more about this type of reconstruction? Or who to tag in the thread who might know more?

Since it says, "image completed by forensic artist" I assume it's somehow a very realistic reconstruction that looks like a photo.

The latest type of reconstruction?
Does anyone here know more about this type of reconstruction? Or who to tag in the thread who might know more?
Honestly, looks like a retouched postmortem photo to me. I'd bet that he had physical damage to his face/neck from being struck by the train. Also, whatever background he was photographed on was removed from the images. You can see the artifacts around his hair from whoever did the reconstruction not decontaminating their selection of him vs the background. Kind of shocked they went through all the effort just to not open his eyes at all.

Screen Shot 2024-01-12 at 2.05.39 PM.png

You can see the white outline artifacts better in this example photo
1705090108826.png

Last edited:
Yeah, I grew up off a freight line and a kid at my high school took his life this way as well. I can't even imagine what has to be going through someone's mind to do this. Poor guy.
cant pick a more painful or graphic way :( what has bothered me since is one of the twins had had an accident in 2005 which rendered him paraplegic so it haunts me wondering if his brother killed him or did he really want that? his brother had to carry him up there (his brother was his caretaker)

@cvaldez1975 That's so incredibly sad. Full-time caretakers can become severely depressed, yet they feel trapped because people are going to judge them if they say they can't or don't want to do it anymore. I wouldn't judge, though. I know I would be very depressed if I had to do it long-term.

@victoriarobinson642 I agree it does look like a retouched photo, but goodness someone made his hair look nice. Do you personally rule out GEN?

@cvaldez1975 That's so incredibly sad. Full-time caretakers can become severely depressed, yet they feel trapped because people are going to judge them if they say they can't or don't want to do it anymore. I wouldn't judge, though. I know I would be very depressed if I had to do it long-term.

@victoriarobinson642 I agree it does look like a retouched photo, but goodness someone made his hair look nice. Do you personally rule out GEN?
Don't think so - AI usually does a bad job with hair and leaves a lot of weird+random strands where they don't make sense.

yes and sadly the twin who had the accident was previously the dominant, leader twin. it can be a complicated relationship. i am haunted it may have been caretaker burnout :(

More info from AG. So sad, I hope someone helps him go home:

"The image shown is a post-mortem image completed by an Ohio BCI forensic artist."

What do you think about this young man:

Idk, what means: Disregard previous posts? Is he still missing?? I don't find more about him re found or not found.
The clothing doesn't fit, but that isn't the most important thing, I think.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back