Identified! Oh - Eastlake, Whtmale 454umoh, 70, Alias 'jnchandler Iii', Jul'02 - Robert Ivan Nichols

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
FIRST LOOK | Infamous Cleveland cold case suspect may be named.

The man had been living as Joseph Newton Chandler, but that was an identity he stole and investigators have been trying to figure out why for a few years now.
WKYC Channel 3’s Hilary Golston is now the first to bring you a new break in the case, because of a newly utilized method.
A forensic genealogist has linked the mystery man to the last name Nicholas or Nichols.
Colleen Fitzpatrick, founder of IdentiFinders International is based out of Southern California.

http://www.wkyc.com/mb/news/local/f...land-cold-case-suspect-may-be-named/372013817

FIRST LOOK | Infamous Cleveland cold case suspect may be named.

The man had been living as Joseph Newton Chandler, but that was an identity he stole and investigators have been trying to figure out why for a few years now.
WKYC Channel 3’s Hilary Golston is now the first to bring you a new break in the case, because of a newly utilized method.
A forensic genealogist has linked the mystery man to the last name Nicholas or Nichols.
Colleen Fitzpatrick, founder of IdentiFinders International is based out of Southern California.

http://www.wkyc.com/mb/news/local/f...land-cold-case-suspect-may-be-named/372013817

Wow. Exciting to see they are close to solving this one. I'm thinking that "linked" with the name Nichols/Nicholas does not necessarily mean that was his last name. It could be his mother's maiden name or the last name of another blood relative (aunt, uncle, grandparent).

Oh, how cool is THAT!

JNC always had a distinctly Italian look to me. Nichols is more Irish, so my guess is it is Nicholas. Could be solved quickly, could also take several years like BK.

454UMOH_LARGE[1].jpg275c8e_780855464a9c4b908894d1c8a7dbf567[1].jpgJust a thought there was Richard Reisenberg/Riesenberg who killed his wife and son in 1971 and was sent to Creedmoor in Queens NY he escaped April 1977 and took with him Judith Anne Brown (who has never been heard from again) unfortunately I have not been able to locate and info on his height or any other stats other than he was 25 in 1971 when he killed his wife. He has a look that is similar to Chandler and I thought I would post it since he would have a reason to change his identity below is a link to Judith Anne Brown on websleuths
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eens-6-April-1977&highlight=judith+anne+brown

Just randomly searching him. This case has intrigued me for years! Just thought this behavior was interesting. An investigator on his case said,
"He was a strange guy. He listened to static, white noise for hours. He once drove to the East Coast to go to an L.L.Bean store in Maine.

"Once he pulled into the parking lot, he noticed that there weren't any parking spaces. He got upset, and he drove all the way back to Ohio without going inside.''source:http://www.cleveland.com/court-justice/index.ssf/2014/10/chasing_a_ghost_us_marshal_inv.html

I wonder what type of disorder could cause him driving almost 12 hours (I looked it up) to just turn around when there was no parking at his destination. Maine is the company's founding location which may be his reason, but still it is strange behavior, nonetheless.

Fascinating case. Although it's pretty clear he was hiding something, his long term isolation and the strange behavior reminds me of those with Asperger's syndrome. James Renner wrote a book inspired by JNC, but it is only partly factual.

For some reason, I've always been fond of the idea that he was Dan Cooper. Dunno why.

I just upset myself.... I thought I found a great potential match but after reviewing the timelines there is no way he can be Rex Reichert. https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/cac/rex-c.-reichert

Chandler III started using that alias in 1978, and Reichert got arrested in 1990 and fled after that. Ugh!

I decided to post anyways since checking the FBI most wanted lists might be worth a shot.

Been there; done that. But always worth doing again with fresh eyes. ;) I personally think the answers are in some military records somewhere.

I found another interesting one off of the FBI lists and this one fits in the time frame. https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/topten/william-bradford-bishop-jr

In 1976 William Bradford Bishop, Jr., a United States Government Foreign Service Officer, killed his wife, mother, and 3 sons. Since he was a Government worker they have his prints on file; however, prints for Chandler weren't able to be obtained.

The height is a bit off though. Elderly age usually causes you too shrink about one to two inches. My thought though is if our doe here was running from something it would be something like this.

Running from what is the interesting question. I assume that this guy stuck out like a sore thumb and the Feds have checked him against mobsters who they were on the hunt for. About the time this guy registered his SS# is when the Feds were cracking down on the Mafia. But what if he wasn't running from the Feds, or even the mob - not an informant, we'd know by now, but a guy who realized the clock was ticking and ran off, not a big enough fish for the FBI to go tracking him down (maybe not even on their radar) and not high enough in the Mafia food chain that they would have wanted to silence him. Just an aging capo who didn't want to spend time in prison. That pinstripe suit he's wearing in some of the photos does suit him rather well...

This is my first time in this thread. I have researched alot on this case. I honestly don't think he is a fugitive or the Zodiac killer. He would've been identified if he was a known criminal. He may have been escaping a past like Kimberly McLean had done.

Who murdered 15 year old Mark Strandberg on November 9, 1976?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Attn2detale
Back