OH - Emily Noble, 52, Westerville, 24 May 2020 *husband not guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Noooo!!! :(
So it appears she took her own life just some hours after her birthday dinner? Heartbreaking. :(
In my opinion, NO WAY that Emily died by suicide.
This spot was searched several times. Searchers were instructed... look left, right, up, then down and then step ahead.

In my opinion, someone is also up for abuse of a corpse- I believe she was moved to be found so husband could have life insurance money and put the house on the market and keep the proceeds.

he lawyered up immediately- and now won’t even take a call from the police about his wife’s case. Hmmmm.

Police say body found in Westerville is Emily Noble

I live in the area and it’s generally safe. This was no random act...IMO MOO

Some of her coworkers stated early on that she had been acting differently at work in the weeks leading up to her disappearance. Not making eye contact with anyone and things out of character for her. So very sad.
After listening to the EN-specific episode of The Vanished Podcast and now reading your info regarding what her coworkers reported it seems plausible EN may have taken her own life. In light of all the information (and assumed as accurate) it's clear EN likely found herself locked in to an unworkable situation. How to maintain her deep-rooted good nature but also to do the best thing for her psyche without feeling she'd be letting someone down or worse. Those feelings, over a prolonged period could easily lead a good soul to taking desperate and drastic action.

Not sure about visibility from road...the people who found her were actually searching the area for her. They called 911 around 7 pm.

911 caller told Westerville police body found appeared to be female

"According to that 911 call, the body appeared to be a white woman who was "tiny" in stature. The caller said she and at least two other people were in the area searching for Noble when they came across the remains.

The caller also said they saw a rope hanging from a tree."

The police's statements seem strangely defensive, which is interesting to me. A tiny white woman in the lot next to Emily's home...suggesting it might be Emily isn't exactly "wild speculation." Of course we don't know until there's positive identification, but acknowledging it might be her as being (well) within the realm of possibility might quell some of the speculation they seem so concerned about.

Coming into this a little late but for those who found her to be able to describe her as a white woman, she would have to have died very recently.

Condolences to Emily's family and friends on their loss.

It does appear there is a possibility of suicide, however, I have a question: If Emily was found on her knees following a fall from a potential suicide by hanging, what are the chances that the body would fall and land on the knees? Wouldn't the odds of that be low - not impossible maybe, but not what you would expect from a sudden fall from height? From a slow fall, near to the ground, like a 'slipping' down maybe?

It does appear there is a possibility of suicide, however, I have a question: If Emily was found on her knees following a fall from a potential suicide by hanging, what are the chances that the body would fall and land on the knees? Wouldn't the odds of that be low - not impossible maybe, but not what you would expect from a sudden fall from height? From a slow fall, near to the ground, like a 'slipping' down maybe?
My thoughts exactly -this really just doesn’t seem right
IMO

This is pure speculation, but there are many trees on that lot, and I wonder if it's possible her body eventually fell and came to rest against a tree, giving the appearance she was kneeling. I also wonder whether "kneeling" was the best way to describe her position as not suspended but also not flat on the ground, at a time of incredible distress for the callers.

My heart is with Emily's loved ones and the people who found her.

(eta this is only a theory and I'm not convinced this was a suicide.)

Last edited:
This is pure speculation, but there are many trees on that lot, and I wonder if it's possible her body eventually fell and came to rest against a tree, giving the appearance she was kneeling. I also wonder whether "kneeling" was the best way to describe her position as not suspended but also not flat on the ground, at a time of incredible distress for the callers.

My heart is with Emily's loved ones and the people who found her.

(eta this is only a theory and I'm not convinced this was a suicide.)

Interesting about the position, if accurate. IMO, people have hung themselves from door knobs even. If this was a suicide, it’s possible the body did not drop with a lot of force from any considerable height. I also hate to think of someone struggling free because death was not immediate (natural instinct to fight) but the damage was done. These are extremely tough cases where family & friends will not believe a suicide ruling, if of course that is the final outcome. IMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MNdonutlover
Back