Recovered/Located OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
*grumbles something about how ODD diagnosis needs done away with* If anyone wants information on ODD from a trauma informed perspective I'd be happy to provide it.

I really don't think anyone here should be speculating on ANY of Harley's "possible diagnosis's". There's is NOTHING reported by any official that supports that Harley has any confirmed mental illness or behavioral disorders.

I could provide one as well being a psychiatric/behavioral RN for many years but it’s also something else when you get to live it daily at home as well. And I did not in anyway assume or allude to him having any diagnosis. I do however agree with the fact that we do not know everything there is to know about HD and sometimes they are the very thing that could explain and help find them.

*grumbles something about how ODD diagnosis needs done away with* If anyone wants information on ODD from a trauma informed perspective I'd be happy to provide it.

I really don't think anyone here should be speculating on ANY of Harley's "possible diagnosis's". There's is NOTHING reported by any official that supports that Harley has any confirmed mental illness or behavioral disorders.

There are actually some behaviors that LE has described that are potential indicators, but most everyone here has been pretty careful not to proffer a dx.

Mostly, what people here gave done is to discuss behaviors noted by LE, and behaviors exhibited or described by HD himself in his YT videos.

The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

Which in turn makes HD's behavior patterns important and potentially extremely relevant vis a vis his disappearance.

JMO.

LE has been mum about anything the dogs discovered or didn't. Also not super informative about the dogs used. It would be great if they answered some questions from the press but at this point ... we get copy and pastes from facebook "updates" so LE doesn't have to answer any questions.

Yes, it really seems LE does not believe they can afford to take questions. The Chief did so at the early press conferences and the Detective did from the show's hosts on Live PD, but it seems as though they feel they risk revealing something they know or suspect if they take questions (even with such a response as "we have no comment at this time because this is an active investigation"). They are very closely managing whatever information they do have. I just hope it is plenty more than we are aware of.

T-Shirt Sales Raise Reward Funds In Harley Dilly Disappearance

SABBM:

Marc Wolfe manages the Fisherman's Warf in downtown Port Clinton. He and other business owners are selling t-shirts to raise money for the reward fund in the Dilly disappearance. Port Clinton police say the fund now stands at over 20-thousand dollars.

HD's community really is making a concerted effort to help find him.

In what is an otherwise extremely dark and disheartening set of circumstances, it's nice to get such glimpses of light.

JMO.

Thing is HD ha no issue with authority outside of his home life. He enjoys, even prefers school, relates to his teachers, there is zero evidence of issues except in this last month.
My youngest boys are 13 and 14 and they lose their occasionally and I have broken cupboards and furniture to prove it. But modern life and hormones are a hell of a mix, and can result in perfectly normal teenage explosions. I should add my youngest is also on the spectrum so I see the best of both.
My youngest made an interesting comment about not wanting to be a teenager because it felt like being out of control.
All I really see in the Dilly family are some parents struggling to understand how to manage a son who is incredibly fixed in his behavior (for whatever reason. ) I just hope things did not go so wayward that there is noway back.

I originally made comments regarding HD's mental health because, firstly his missing details are all over a few autism help sites, which is how I found this case, and when I came to this thread originally there were comments that I took to believe that MSM had confirmed he has Aspergers. I later discovered this was more unhelpful speculation.

Its hard when we see children that could so easily be our own to detach, but it's important we do to some extent, so as not to muddy waters with our own experiences. Otherwise we will rapidly go nowhere.

As I have said before, please let me and my instincts be wrong and let this boy walk in his home tonight, and I would never be happier to be in error.

I am curious (for any of our locals who may know), what are other students saying about Harley's disappearance? I know we discussed what the adult community may be thinking/saying, but I am interested in understanding what theories his peers may have. Is there a common belief amongst them?

I think kids usually know more about these circumstances than is usually known at the time. But getting them to say anything is harder than trying to break a prison code of silence.

^BBM^

You're on to me- that is exactly why I asked the question. :D Has it been confirmed students may be providing information (other than his friend) to LE? Are they all providing the same information, or are theories all over the place? Have LE been investigating these as tips, or overlooking them as rumors?

Disclaimer: I have no desire to infer that LE is doing a poor job with the investigation by overlooking a tip. (There have been many cases solved by LE that have had some pretty outlandish tips- just wondering if everything that may be reported by students is being looked at). I am merely wanting to understand dynamics of the high school community and how they relate to the investigators.

Imo. Mom may have given the description of not seeing And hearing Harley that morning, because 41 hours is embarrassing enough. Let alone admit you didn't see your kid for 50 something hours. So we would have to go back to the previous person that saw Harley. Was the expanded request of cctv video, an attempt to prove that Harley did in fact leave that house?

Does any of this make sense? o_O

Imo. Mom may have given the description of not seeing And hearing Harley that morning, because 41 hours is embarrassing enough. Let alone admit you didn't see your kid for 50 something hours. So we would have to go back to the previous person that saw Harley. Was the expanded request of cctv video, an attempt to prove that Harley did in fact leave that house?

Does any of this make sense? o_O

That does make sense and the police reported this :

Harley Dilly Update, Saturday, January 11th, 2020

As most know, Harley Dilly was last observed on what we believe to be him on video footage leave his residence in the 500 block of E. 5th Street at 06:08 in the morning, on Friday, December 20th, 2019.

Harley’s path of travel was southbound down the alley towards Magruder Hospital, which is believed to be his normal path of travel due to the video footage we have reviewed for the week, leading up to Harley’s disappearance.

Yes, it really seems LE does not believe they can afford to take questions. The Chief did so at the early press conferences and the Detective did from the show's hosts on Live PD, but it seems as though they feel they risk revealing something they know or suspect if they take questions (even with such a response as "we have no comment at this time because this is an active investigation"). They are very closely managing whatever information they do have. I just hope it is plenty more than we are aware of.

To be honest, the current tight-lipped stance of LE is what I'm much more more accustomed to seeing and (not) hearing from LEAs in cases like this.

I was actually pretty shocked at some of the investigative details Chief Hickman disclosed in his earlier press conferences.

He even disclosed that dogs had been through the house and that "unbeknownst" to HD's parents, they were cadaver dogs. That statement alone sent my eyebrows sailing well past my forehead.

I've said this before, but I'd bet the ranch that one of the outside agencies, either the Ohio BCI or FBI, strongly advised the Chief to shut off the pipes and tighten up the ship's lips.

The fact that I don't actually own a ranch and ships don't have lips, notwithstanding.

JMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members