Recovered/Located OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure looks like a suicide. I thought Devin Bond as soon I read the details of this case.

The kids returned back to school on Jan 6th I believe. They had a story abt safety as they returned to school. I hope this isn't a suicide that would be so sad especially being so close to home. Also if it was...why would they remove the wall??

One more thing, usually with a missing person, when they find a body, isn't there an announcement that a body has been found but they need to identify it, etc.? Maybe there is no right or wrong protocol in such cases.
Yes, typically that’s the way it’s done. It’s generally pretty difficult to keep the discovery of a body a secret, for any length of time anyways. So they’ll say something along the lines or “we have recovered a body, but are awaiting positive identification.”

This is a little different, as I believe they were telling the truth when they said they hadn’t found his body.

Hours have passed since then, and it’s possible that’s changed. If it has changed, I would expect word to leak before the press conference.

Another person said they came out of the abandoned house with a white bag that they think is a body bag. Said the Chief has been going into the Dilly's house in out and out.

It's been some time since I've seen the use of a body bag when recovering remains from a crime scene. Most recently, we've seen the use of rectangle stainless steel looking crates -- reminds me of those truck bed large toolboxes. I recall KY medical examiner used one to take Savanna Spurlock to the morgue. Also saw the two teen Canadian murderers McCloud and Schmegelsky collected in the same type of crate.
I'm sure they're an advancement used to preserve evidence. MOO

ok...What we know so far....
1- Chief says NO BODY was found
2- HD is STILL CONSIDERED MISSING
3- there was a HUGE Police and BCI search near his home (almost across the street)
4- a LOT of HD's belongings were found in the UNOCCUPIED house
5- HD has been missing since 12/20/2019
6- A White bag with an UNKNOWN item was brought out of the unoccupied house- people are speculating it was a body bag (but we are told no body was found)
7- cadaver dogs went through the unoccupied house
8- walls from the upstairs of the house being searched were removed
9- there is a press conf. sched. for 1-14-2020
10- the Ambulance/EMT went from the Unoccupied house to the Dilly house (reason unknown)
11-Cheif talked to the Dilly's (reason unknown)

So, if NO BODY was found, why the talk of a possible suicide? Is there the possibility of the announcement at the PC that a body was found in the wall? That one of the items found in the evidence was used to harm HD?

During the streams that I was watching there was talk of "angry faces" at the Dilly home. The father and grandfather were the ones seen, not the mother. If it was bad news the Ambulance could have been there for HER health and safety considering her health. IF it were bad news they could have feared she would have another heart attack. (IMO)

**keeping my fingers crossed and praying that HD is safe. Prepare for the worst and hope/pray for the best**

(all of this is IMO and info learned from live streams from MSM and also FB streams that were centered around the search)

Yes, typically that’s the way it’s done. It’s generally pretty difficult to keep the discovery of a body a secret, for any length of time anyways. So they’ll say something along the lines or “we have recovered a body, but are awaiting positive identification.”

This is a little different, as I believe they were telling the truth when they said they hadn’t found his body.

Hours have passed since then, and it’s possible that’s changed. If it has changed, I would expect word to leak before the press conference.

I just thought of something. They could have had one of the individuals at the Dilly house ID the "body" in the back of the ambulance and then started asking questions. Usually when an Ambulance goes out with lights flashing they are going out on a call, however they could have been going to take the white bag to the hospital for testing. (Sorry if that sounds crass, I am trying to be sensitive about it should it NOT be a "body")

As for the talk about "angry faces" on the family, the LE could have been asking questions. Also as for NOT announcing the discovery, with as long as everyone had been out on the search and as many questions as people would have on the investigation, perhaps Chief wanted to get rest for not only himself but also his staff so everyone is rested and prepared for however the town will react to the news.

Just a thought. You saw how many turned out just to show support for HD during the search, think of how many would show up if they found out if was BAD news and how they have been acting on FB.

(all of that is MOO)

I think this is going to be a homicide investigation.

I don’t think suicide; not with this level of activity. I never liked that theory anyways.

I hear ya. My mind is going to places, really bad places. Pleeeease don’t let this be....Hoping the creepy Austin Reed Sigg (Jessica Ridgeway) reminders I got are WAY OFF.

The mention of the “suitcase and cable” caused me to wonder about suicide.
*the above needs source verification, moo.

Last edited:
If it's just simple drywall a 5-10 lb sledgehammer or even a regular hammer (a crowbar for the nailed in parts) and a few good hits is all it will take, and it's FUN....yes for a chick I have taken down a wall, it's good therapy and anger management. BUT, it looks like the windows of that house are uncovered.

Then again, they could just take an officer and toss em through it. Drywall is weak. they will need a crowbar for the nails but other than that it's easy to get through. IMO

(I kinda know 2 people who have gone through drywall walls. 1 tripped into it another was shoved into it.)

i can’t imagine a hammer to destroy drywall.
I would expect if they were to remove a portion of drywall a sawzaw would be used.

I hear ya. My mind is going to places, really bad places. Pleeeease don’t let this be....Hoping the creepy Jessica Ridgeway vibes I got are WAY OFF.

The mention of the “suitcase and cable” caused me to wonder about suicide.
*this above needs source verification, moo.
I think the “suitcase and cable” came from one of the Facebook broadcasts.

Both of which could be explained as being the equipment of crime scene techs.

Probably nothing.

With how close this is to Harley’s house, and assuming they did find signs of a homicide, I don’t think this is going to wind up being some big mystery.

A stranger didn’t do it; someone very close to him did.

I just find this whole episode bizarre. I guess we just have to wait for the press conference but I can't fathom, regardless of whether this was suicide or homicide, how this has all concluded across the street from the family home. It's just all incredibly sad.

I'm interested in what led them to that house in the first place ?

Jumping off this, we know that neighborhood canvassing is 101.

So, LE would’ve knocked, and there would have been no answer. They would have followed up, perhaps several times, and learned the house is unoccupied.

I’m assuming a SW has already been signed off on, hence their ability to do what appears to be a thorough processing.

What is the current condition of the yard? Has it been maintained?

I wonder if the smell of decomposition played a role. :( I hate to type that.

Anyway, I don’t want to speculate further because LE hasn’t commented yet on anything.

I just find this whole episode bizarre. I guess we just have to wait for the press conference but I can't fathom, regardless of whether this was suicide or homicide, how this has all concluded across the street from the family home. It's just all incredibly sad.

and I'm gonna guess nobody heard anything, I'm including ALL the neighbors in this. not pointing fingers at anyone, just saying...it happened in a small area, look how close together the houses are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moondashiie