Recovered/Located OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope the Chief knows the AG just got the entire public ahead of the press conference. There's a lot of LE there in town to help might want to get out sooner than noon. I understand FB is going nuts . What a mess. I'm sure this is not what Chief intended MOO

Last edited:
This is strictly MOO/ SPECULATION. Could it it be possible that the video of Harley the morning of his disappearance was of him going across the street to the house he was found in and he tried to climb down the chimney to get into the house and got stuck and passed?
I don’t think he tried that, how would his coat be hung up inside? MOO

Oh Harley, we have thought and prayed for you since you went missing. Today would be a great day to do something for someone, just a random act of kindness. Do it for the family and Harley, I can’t imagine what the parents are going through. If it was self harm/accident, the blame the parents are going to put on themselves is unthinkable. All the people that attacked them for the last 3 weeks. The little 4 year old that won’t understand why his brother isn’t coming home.
Definitely am taking a break from here for a bit. Spending some quality time with my kids, make sure they they are ok mentally, socially and feel safe, not just at home but in the community. Take a moment to go through their social media more then once a week. Today we will be doing a Radom act of kindness in memory of Harley and tomorrow they will be wearing pink.

This is strictly MOO/ SPECULATION. Could it it be possible that the video of Harley the morning of his disappearance was of him going across the street to the house he was found in and he tried to climb down the chimney to get into the house and got stuck and passed?

Possibly, but the coat hanging on the door doesn't fit that scenario. JMO Poor little fella. So sad.

Oh Harley, we have thought and prayed for you since you went missing. Today would be a great day to do something for someone, just a random act of kindness. Do it for the family and Harley, I can’t imagine what the parents are going through. If it was self harm/accident, the blame the parents are going to put on themselves is unthinkable. All the people that attacked them for the last 3 weeks. The little 4 year old that won’t understand why his brother isn’t coming home.
Definitely am taking a break from here for a bit. Spending some quality time with my kids, make sure they they are ok mentally, socially and feel safe, not just at home but in the community. Take a moment to go through their social media more then once a week. Today we will be doing a Radom act of kindness in memory of Harley and tomorrow they will be wearing pink.

Well said

Been following some and my heart just sank too.

IMO
If he is deceased, I think its possible he fell through the attic by accident as he was trying to hide in that home and injured himself so bad he couldnt save himself.

There was another case where they found a missing lady many years later that had fallen between walls in a home and got stuck. Not that it happened that way, but I do have to wonder if he had somehow fallen in the attic and was injured so much he couldnt move to save himself. If he had fallen through the attic insulation, he may have broken his legs or hit his head with a fatal injury.

So sad to hear the news about this young man. I think the announcement would have included the words "found safe" if he was still alive so unfortunately I dont think he is with us anymore. :(
That’s an interesting theory and would explain needing to cut the wall open. If this is what happened I would only hope that the fall was fatal and he wasn’t laying there in agony.

maybe they had to wait on a warrant to enter that house. but i thought if LE had probable cause to think someone in the house was in danger they could enter. that may not apply in this case though.

A search warrant wouldn't have taken three weeks to obtain IMO. Not in a case like this.

The sudden urgency after three weeks seems more like it stemmed from a tip. JMO.

This is a lovely sentiment. My son and I will join you in a random act of kindness to honour Harley.

Hope the Chief knows the AG just got the entire public ahead of the press conference. There's a lot of LE there in town to help might want to get out sooner than noon. I understand FB is going nuts . What a mess. I'm sure this is not what Chief intended

Such a heartbreaking ending. I too wondered if there was an accident or he ended his life but the hour spent in the house seems long for that unless they had to process it to make sure? I am interested to hear how they came to the house in the first place. Will be watching at noon. Anyone know which site will be best to watch online? Very tragic ending to this. May he rest in peace.

And also if he was trying to hide at all, why hang the jacket where it was visible through the window?

I agree. He may not have been paying attention to where he hung the jacket and its visibility — I wouldn't have thought of it as a kid, probably.

None of this really strikes me as intentional on his part in any way... we'll have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lisacfuller