Found Deceased OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
if you go back and re-read the article, it was corrected to say the father of the friends corrected the day to be on Thursday (not Friday)

Initial Harley Dilly police report released: Includes new details about teen’s life, time leading up to disappearance
**Editor's note: The Port Clinton Police Department's initial report stated that a friend of Harley's saw him after school on Friday during a discussion over Cavs tickets. The department said the incident was "misremembered" by the child and was not true. The story above has been modified to reflect the department's correction.
Ok, but now we find out that some things said about Harley cannot be corroborated. Him being autistic,ADHD. So What else about this case is off???? I don't have a lot of faith in the way this case has been handled. Especially knowing the house he was found in the chimney was checked numerous times per Chief Hickman's own words. So what is really misremembered???? What is corroborated?????????? Why didn't mom answer the call from the school???? What is the difference of seeing him not seeing him????? How could it jeopardize the investigation????? Can that be corroborated???? So many things not adding up.

How would his coat come off if he was sliding down head first with his arms out in front of him?

if it wasn’t zipped but hanging loosely, when he “looked down the chute” it may have fallen around his head and slipped off before he went down. (I don’t know if it had elasticized cuffs or open area at the wrists. that is the only thing I can think of that makes even a remote possibility of sense to me for how it got down and he did not.

but I do appreciate hearing how I could be wrong .... I often tend to miss some obvious fault in my theories.

(all my own thoughts, no verifications)

if it wasn’t zipped but hanging loosely, when he “looked down the chute” it may have fallen around his head and slipped off before he went down. (I don’t know if it had elasticized cuffs or open area at the wrists. that is the only thing I can think of that makes even a remote possibility of sense to me for how it got down and he did not.

but I do appreciate hearing how I could be wrong .... I often tend to miss some obvious fault in my theories.

You could be right too. We don't know, is the fact. Who knew when one of our fellow sleuthers suggested the chimney, that it would be correct?

The more theories the better IMO

No problem. I only have my own speculations as well. I just pictured sliding down head first would pull his coat sleeves "on", and not off.

I don’t know if Harley was feet or head down first, but this article is about a 53 yr old man who dangled upside down from the top of a chimney at a business (more like a tall stack). he died from brain swelling and hypothermia.

Man, 53, who hung upside down from chimney for 15 hours died of brain swell

A MAN who hung upside down from a 300ft tower for 15 hours died of brain swelling and hypothermia, an inquest heard
.... was pinned to the giant structure for up to 15 hours by just his left boot, which was wedged between the brickwork and a ladder.

I don’t know if Harley was feet or head down first, but this article is about a 53 yr old man who dangled upside down from the top of a chimney at a business (more like a tall stack). he died from brain swelling and hypothermia.

A MAN who hung upside down from a 300ft tower for 15 hours died of brain swelling and hypothermia, an inquest heard
.... was pinned to the giant structure for up to 15 hours by just his left boot, which was wedged between the brickwork and a ladder.

IMO HD was feet down. had he been head down; he would have died from positional asphyxia instead of compressive asphyxia.

Yikes. That doesn't sound like a fun way to go. (I guess most don't).

I guess I just find it very unlikely that anyone would choose to go in there head first. Stranger things happen all the time, though.....

Why would police need to corroborate the high functioning autism? What impact would it have had on the case?

I am not sure if he actually had that. But I do notice a lot of ppl claim things like this so their missing persons case can get extra press because the missing has a "medical issue"

Just thinking out loud

I am not sure if he actually had that. But I do notice a lot of ppl claim things like this so their missing persons case can get extra press because the missing has a "medical issue"

Just thinking out loud

You mean generally in prior cases people have falsely claimed such things?

I just don’t see how it would impact the case from the perspective of the investigation if it were corroborated.

IMO HD was feet down. had he been head down; he would have died from positional asphyxia instead of compressive asphyxia.

I thought so too..

The term is used interchangeably- I discovered this when researching pathology journals.

so we still don’t know which way ...sigh

Last edited:
You mean generally in prior cases people have falsely claimed such things?

I just don’t see how it would impact the case from the perspective of the investigation if it were corroborated.

I think to get the case publicity initially. Teens are often just labeled runaways

Ask the chief as to why that is not to inform the public to his autism...all that was stated was "no comment " when asked. Also he advised the public to not approach him due to he ( HD) does not warm up to others easily.

Last edited:
<modsnip: referenced post was removed>

The dad called it one form of autism, the mother another. Maybe one misspoke, maybe they both did, it’s not true or its none of our business.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Fact is LE had to go through a vast amount of SM. FBI and other Federal agencies were working this case. When the Detective spoke about the case on LivePD it was obvious to me they believed through researching Harley's SM that IT was POSSIBLE he had met a nefarious person online. I was afraid of that myself.

I believe after LE determined Harley had likely not met someone online they went back to square one as the Chief said. This is nothing new going back to the beginning of cases. It happens quite frequently.

This was a very tragic accident and not a murder no matter how it's twisted.
My prayers and thoughts are with the entire family and I will not place blame where it doesn't belong.

MOO

Yeah, I don’t think HIIPA factors in here because it wasn’t necessary. If it were, the CMS guidance is outline at the link below.

505-When does the Privacy Rule allow covered entities to disclose information to law enforcement

That addresses when covered entities may disclose info to LE, but there may also be limitations on how private LE must keep that info once they learn it, particularly since it wasn't until Jan 14 that it was known that Harley was no longer living.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member