Found Deceased OH - Imperial Stewart, 17, Columbus, 20 Sep 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ok, I searched the Franklin County Court of Common Pleas website for his name and found the following—the 11/14 court date saw both of the parties request a continuance for purposes of “discovery” so I guess that’s why he is now supposed to be in court on December 18th.

Off-topic: can I just say how much I love a well-organized and easily searchable judicial records repository, like this one? If you search it yourselves, you can even click on the .pdfs next to each “event” to view the court documentation.
40B51C28-C691-4D5A-88BC-8EA326FA6FD0.pngC6D64F63-90B7-402C-9D73-11E069E03F6A.png

Last edited:
Ok, I searched the Franklin County Court of Common Pleas website for his name and found the following—the 11/14 court date saw both of the parties request a continuance for purposes of “discovery” so I guess that’s why he is now supposed to be in court on December 18th.

Off-topic: can I just say how much I love a well-organized and easily searchable judicial records repository, like this one? If you search it yourselves, you can even click on the .pdfs next to each “event” to view the court documentation.
View attachment 465759View attachment 465760
Thank you so much! :)

DEC 14, 2023
[...]

Michael T. Bowles faces multiple charges, including aggravated murder, murder, aggravated robbery, and abuse of a corpse. Other defendants face obstruction and tampering charges.

Michael R. Bowles Jr. is the first adult to plead guilty. A bill of information was returned Thursday, charging him with felony third-degree tampering with evidence. Along with the charge was a plea of guilty.

His sentencing is set for March 8, 2024. Bond was set at $1,000.

Michael T. Bowles is scheduled to appear in court on Dec. 18, 2023, as his trial continues.

His younger brother, Mi'Quel Bowles, who faces two counts of obstructing justice, won't appear in court again until Jan. 17, 2024. The reason listed was for "negotiation and investigation."

Their mother, Tywisha Peterson, will also appear in court on that day.

All defendants besides Michael R. Bowles Jr. have pleaded not guilty.

DEC 21, 2023
Thursday's report said the body was already heavily decomposed when it was found Oct. 3 in the woods near Sunbury and Agler roads, not far from Alum Creek. Forensics experts identified the victim as Stewart through fingerprint analysis. They analyzed the skeleton to conclude that Stewart was shot several times in the torso in what they ruled a homicide.

20-year-old Michael Bowles and 18-year-old Mi'Quel Bowles, as well as their mother, Tywisha Peterson, have been arrested in connection to Stewart's death.

Michael plead guilty to tampering with evidence on Dec. 18, which is a felony of the third degree. He is also charged with murder.

All three suspects are expected to appear in court on Jan. 17.

JUN 15, 2024
A 19-year-old man charged in connection to the disappearance and death of 17-year-old Imperial Stewart last year has been sentenced to three years in prison, according to court documents.

Franklin County court records state that on May 17, Mi'Quel Bowles entered a guilty plea for obstructing justice. On June 14, Bowles was sentenced to three years in prison but may be eligible for release after serving two years.

[...]

In addition to Mi’quel Bowles, seven other people have been charged in the crime:

Michael Bowles, 20 — one count of aggravated murder, two counts of murder, and one count each of aggravated robbery, abuse of a corpse, and weapon under disability.
16-year-old (at the time of arrest) male — murder and obstruction of justice charges
Tywisha Peterson, 40 — one charge of obstructing justice. She is the mother of Michael and Mi’quel Bowles.
Michael R. Bowles Jr., 37 — one charge of tampering with evidence. He pleaded guilty in December 2023 but has yet to be sentenced.
Geene Dumas, 41 — one charge each of tampering with evidence and obstructing justice.
Raymor Dumas, 44 — one charge each of tampering with evidence and obstructing justice.
17-year-old (at the time of arrest) female — one count each of obstruction of official business, tampering with evidence, and resisting arrest. She admitted to the obstruction charge on Feb. 22.

Michael Bowles, Peterson, and Geene and Raymor Dumas all had discovery hearings in Franklin County Common Pleas Court on Friday. All have plead not guilty to their respective charges.

JUL 7, 2024
Raymor A. Dumas, 44, and Genee N. Dumas, 40, both face one count each of third-degree felony tampering with evidence and fifth-degree felony obstructing justice in connection with the death of 17-year-old Imperial Stewart in late September 2023.

According to body camera footage released by police, Genee Dumas allegedly attempted to break her daughter’s cell phone because the girl was dating Michael Bowles, one of two people charged with murder in the Stewart case.

The body camera footage allegedly shows Genee Dumas smashing the phone against a desk at her daughter’s school while her daughter yells “Keep breaking it” as police tell Genee Dumas to stop doing so. ...

JUL 8, 2024
Raymor Dumas, 44, pleaded guilty to the lesser charge in Franklin County Common Pleas Court on Monday after being charged with obstruction of justice and tampering with evidence in Stewart’s death on last fall.

Dumas’ wife, Genee, was scheduled to appear in court Monday afternoon, but her appearance has been rescheduled to Aug. 6. She also faces felony charges of obstruction of justice and tampering with evidence.

Yup, although she had the flight of fancy of spelling Miquel as Mi’Quel
Miquel is Catalan for Michael (Miguel in Spanish)
I’m always fascinated by names, especially names of siblings. At least these two sound sufficiently different, at least the way I’m reading them.

It’s bonkers that the parents of Michael and his girlfriend all jumped in and ended up implicating themselves as well.

I feel horribly for Imperial’s family who appeared to be both loving and determined to find him.

I hope that other teenagers use stories like this one to learn the dangers of spending time with dangerous people. All of the awful stuff appears to have happened to everyone in this story because they were in Michael’s orbit in some way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smanworld
Back