GUILTY OH - I'ron Jailen Cannon, 27, out w/friends, live videos show 1 w/gun, Akron, 18 Oct 2020 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

controlthenight

Reaction score
129795812_1635111196672411_5780195805895622682_n.jpg

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

MISSING: Iron Cannon- Akron, Ohio (10/18/20)

Missing Persons Poster - Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost

Family of missing 27-year-old Akron man last seen before going to a party searching for answers

Family of missing Akron man searching for answers, body

Attachments

• JailenCannonFlyer-1 pdf.png
    JailenCannonFlyer-1 pdf.png
    192.6 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Cannon was last heard on October 18. His family said Cannon told his nephew he was on his way home.

Elkins said Cannon never made it home to Akron.

His brother said the family has received information that Cannon was killed.

The family has searched for weeks, including working with the search and rescue organization Texas EquuSearch. But so far, there has been no sign of Cannon's body.

"It's a pain we can never let go or get over," said Burt. "All I want is him, his body so we can put him to rest the proper way and move forward."

"It's like waking up every day and everywhere you go, anywhere you're at, looking around and saying 'is this somewhere someone could have hid him or could have put him," said Elkins. "It's like I can't focus on nothing, nothing is important, nothing matters but finding him."

Anyone with information about Iron Cannon's disappearance is asked to call Wadsworth police at (330) 334-1511.
Family of missing Akron man searching for answers, body

This poor family :(

From this link:
“The cruel phone calls, the jokes, people sending us way out to nowhere. It has to stop. If you don't have a promising lead or you have a lead, notify the police first before you notify us and keep sending us on wild goose chases,” said Cannon’s mom, Yvonne Stacy Reed.
Some people are just awful.

The later stories say the family received word that he’s deceased. One hopes LE can track from whom they received this info.

My heart goes out to Iron's family. It's horrible that they don't have answers and were receiving cruel phone calls and misinformation. It sounds like some dangerous people are involved. (Obviously, but I mean particularly sociopathic people, if they were taunting his family.) I hope LE is able to get the evidence they need to make arrests and that Iron is found very soon.

Police still investigating disappearance of Akron resident Iron Cannon

Family tells:
Teala Elkins, one of Cannon’s sisters, said the family has given police information from people who know the men they say Cannon was with that indicates her brother was killed Oct. 18.
“It was already told to us that they killed him Sunday, and they buried him somewhere,” she said. “The police have everything.”

Police tells:
“There’s also a technology aspect to it, with cellphone data and different things like that we have to get search warrants ... serve those warrants on the various companies and wait for those results to come back,” Dorland added.
He said the cellphone data is needed to round out some of the information they have been given by witnesses.
“We’re looking for that to confirm some of the stories that we’ve been given. And also to fill in some gaps that we still have that are pending,” he said.

Police still investigating disappearance of Akron resident Iron Cannon

Family tells:
Teala Elkins, one of Cannon’s sisters, said the family has given police information from people who know the men they say Cannon was with that indicates her brother was killed Oct. 18.
“It was already told to us that they killed him Sunday, and they buried him somewhere,” she said. “The police have everything.”

Police tells:
“There’s also a technology aspect to it, with cellphone data and different things like that we have to get search warrants ... serve those warrants on the various companies and wait for those results to come back,” Dorland added.
He said the cellphone data is needed to round out some of the information they have been given by witnesses.
“We’re looking for that to confirm some of the stories that we’ve been given. And also to fill in some gaps that we still have that are pending,” he said.
23 Jan 2021
The family says it's not a mystery: Their brother was hanging out with a friend back in October and ended up at the man's Wadsworth apartment along with a third man after midnight. They said that early on the morning of Oct. 18, 2020, Iron Cannon posted some live videos online with the other two men. The third man had a gun. Cannon, 27, never made it home.

MAR 11, 2021
Wadsworth Police offer $2500 reward for information on alleged homicide of 27-year-old Akron man missing since Oct. 18 (cleveland19.com)
Police shared the following statement:

“The Wadsworth Police Department has made significant investigative efforts to bring this case to prosecution since the time of Cannon’s disappearance, but investigative leads have yet to reveal the location of the body. We will not rest until Cannon’s family has the closure they deserve, which includes the successful prosecution of the suspects involved.”

Reward offered in search for body of Akron man (beaconjournal.com)
"We know that we're looking for his body," Cannon's older brother, CJ Elkins, told Beacon Journal partner News 5 Cleveland in November. "It's not a matter of him hiding out somewhere or someone hiding him, he's gone. We know that 100% for sure."

MAR 11, 2021
Wadsworth Police offer $2500 reward for information on alleged homicide of 27-year-old Akron man missing since Oct. 18 (cleveland19.com)
Police shared the following statement:

“The Wadsworth Police Department has made significant investigative efforts to bring this case to prosecution since the time of Cannon’s disappearance, but investigative leads have yet to reveal the location of the body. We will not rest until Cannon’s family has the closure they deserve, which includes the successful prosecution of the suspects involved.”

Reward offered in search for body of Akron man (beaconjournal.com)
"We know that we're looking for his body," Cannon's older brother, CJ Elkins, told Beacon Journal partner News 5 Cleveland in November. "It's not a matter of him hiding out somewhere or someone hiding him, he's gone. We know that 100% for sure."

So tragic. Prayers for resolution. Have any POIs been named? TIA

Wadsworth police seeking info on man who is believed to be dead | wkyc.com

I’m not familiar with this case; I just came across the following article. How incredibly sad...

Officials believe Iron Cannon was shot and killed after disappearing last October and are offering reward money for information leading to the location of his body.

Police in Wadsworth are offering reward money for information on the location of a man they believe was shot and killed some time last year.

Twenty-seven-year-old Iron Cannon, of Akron, has been missing since Oct. 18, 2020, and authorities believe he died via homicide. They are now offering up to $2,500 for tips "leading to the location and recovery of human remains," saying an investigation revealed the suspects "took great lengths to conceal the physical evidence of this crime."

Wadsworth police seeking info on man who is believed to be dead | wkyc.com

I’m not familiar with this case; I just came across the following article. How incredibly sad...

Officials believe Iron Cannon was shot and killed after disappearing last October and are offering reward money for information leading to the location of his body.

Police in Wadsworth are offering reward money for information on the location of a man they believe was shot and killed some time last year.

Twenty-seven-year-old Iron Cannon, of Akron, has been missing since Oct. 18, 2020, and authorities believe he died via homicide. They are now offering up to $2,500 for tips "leading to the location and recovery of human remains," saying an investigation revealed the suspects "took great lengths to conceal the physical evidence of this crime."
Noting:

Officials did not name any suspects or outline any specific charges in Cannon's death.

Not that I'm aware of. However, LE has searched a vehicle they believe was involved. They haven't said what evidence was recovered. MOO

Thank you for the update. Wadsworth isn't that big of a place. I can't believe this hasn't blown up the internet by now. What I mean is that not much happens there.

I'm shocked at the degree of cruelty after the fact. Isn't this the case where the perps kept contacting the family and taunting them?

I wish police could release something, a sketch or description of a POI. It sounds like they're hoping the reward money will entice "friends" to turn on each other, and they may, but if LE could let the rest of us help somehow.

Thank you for the update. Wadsworth isn't that big of a place. I can't believe this hasn't blown up the internet by now. What I mean is that not much happens there.

I'm shocked at the degree of cruelty after the fact. Isn't this the case where the perps kept contacting the family and taunting them?

I wish police could release something, a sketch or description of a POI. It sounds like they're hoping the reward money will entice "friends" to turn on each other, and they may, but if LE could let the rest of us help somehow.
We can't sleuth them here because neither have been named as a POI or suspect, but there are names in the article @YaYa_521 posted above. MOO

Akron Man, Iron Cannon, Still Missing After Two Weeks – Ear Kandy Radio
According to family members, Iron was last seen with TR & JH and never returned home.

Iron messaged his brother that he was wasted and was wanting to leave where he was because he didn’t want to sleep on the couch. The last person he was with said he let him leave, but in another conversation someone said that they took him home in the morning.

To the killers and their associates/families: Y'all know where Iron's body is located.
Reward + stimmy = $$$$$. ;)IJS

Video at link - BIBM
https://www.news5cleveland.com/news...hey-say-was-shot-killed-and-hidden-months-ago

Now he's hoping a $2,500 reward for tips through Crime Stoppers and the opportunity to remain anonymous will turn up the pressure on those with details as to what happened. "If you've assisted, or helped, or lied, we'll deal with that later," said Chafin, "but now is your opportunity to do the right thing and help bring closure to this case and closure to this family."

Okay, I went back through and read more of the articles. I see now that the geography of the area could be working against them, and bc it is such a small town they may not have a great deal of man power.

Wadsworth is bordered by some very rural terrain, pastures, farmland, large creeks and rivers, and some pretty dense forested areas all fairly close by. Within an hour's drive there's thousands of acres of land like I described. Maybe the spring thaw will help?

Maybe the police are waiting to find the body before they make an arrest?? It seems from the articles that they know exactly who was involved.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finch5800
Back