OH OH - Joe Phelps, 86, son did not report him missing, Cleveland, Jun 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
CLEVELAND — Cleveland police are asking for the public’s help finding an 86-year-old man who some loved ones claim has not been seen for almost six months.

According to a police report, officers were asked to perform a wellness check Friday morning at Joe Phelps’ home on the 10900 block of Massie Avenue. Phelps’ social worker claimed she had not heard from him since May or June of last year, and officers were unable to locate Phelps at the house.

0940a48c-a1ae-4749-b39e-914f9ec00c03_1140x641-990x557.png

More at Cleveland police searching for missing elderly man - The Market Mail

This is very concerning. Why would son get irate when a social worker asked him where his Dad was? Neighbors claim to have seen Joe earlier this week, but why is he not at his home?

Joe was reported missing Friday, Jan 8 by his daughter and the social worker.
Cleveland police searching for missing 86-year-old man (news5cleveland.com)

Just so I can keep this straight, regarding last seen/heard from:
  • Social Worker - Last heard from Joe in May or June 2020
  • Daughter - Said her Dad went missing in June or July 2020 and she hasn't seen him since.
  • Son - They were at the grocery store together (when?) and headed back home but never arrived. (Well, one of them apparently arrived, right? o_O )
  • Neighbor - Saw Joe Wednesday, Jan 6, 2020
Check his bank account............................. :( MOO

Joe was reported missing Friday, Jan 8 by his daughter and the social worker.
Cleveland police searching for missing 86-year-old man (news5cleveland.com)

Just so I can keep this straight, regarding last seen/heard from:
  • Social Worker - Last heard from Joe in May or June 2020
  • Daughter - Said her Dad went missing in June or July 2020 and she hasn't seen him since.
  • Son - They were at the grocery store together (when?) and headed back home but never arrived. (Well, one of them apparently arrived, right? o_O )
  • Neighbor - Saw Joe Wednesday, Jan 6, 2020
Check his bank account............................. :( MOO
"Neighbors in the area told police they had seen Phelps on Wednesday, Jan. 6." I think this has to be 2021. If the neighbors are credible, that would mean the guy just disappeared despite his family/social worker not seeing him since summer. Very odd.

"Neighbors in the area told police they had seen Phelps on Wednesday, Jan. 6." I think this has to be 2021. If the neighbors are credible, that would mean the guy just disappeared despite his family/social worker not seeing him since summer. Very odd.
Oops, yes, I definitely meant to type 2021. :oops:

I'm curious to know if there was any kind of routine contact with the social worker. Monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, as warranted...? MOO

Neighbors are newsie, but may have date wrong?

Where is Joe? Bless him if he could still food shop.

He must have had Doctors appointments. I'd guess the son would take him there as well.

My mom is housebound, but my siblings, and the grands check in. Chat on phone or pop over. All of our old neighbors are dead. I don't know these new renters, and don't need them knowing an elderly lady is alone when I run errands.

Our elderly are as dear as children. I pray Joe is alright. That son better show!

Joe Henry Phelps Obituary

Maybe Joe?

Joe Henry Phelps
Cleveland, Ohio
June 26, 1934 - July 28, 2021 (Would make him 87 at age he died)

But the whole situation with the son and how long it had been since anyone had seem him is very very weird.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back