Found Deceased OH - Joey LaBute, 26, Columbus, 4 March 2016 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have to admit to sending that kind of jumbled letters when my kids are irritating me, sending dumb texts ...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

It seems to me that the jumbled letters don't mean anything at all ... Probably just a "butt text" or quite possibly, got accidentally sent during somekind of a struggle. I am not confident that we have a definitive answer as to whether the call from the aunt came before or after the text, despite the video clip from the dad. He is under stress and relaying second hand information. We've never heard her say when exactly she called, and it makes more sense that she called closer in time to when the cousins left and couldn't find him.

Because it's happening every week around the country for the past 20 years. Where are all the other ethnicity, short, fat, women also drowning? It's not happening because there is truly a serial killing cult targeting a very specific subset of Americans.

So do people think that every petite college age female with blond hair that is murdered in all of the US are killed by one single death cult? If not, why in the world would every single good looking male be tied together?
The problem isn't a death cult of serial killers. The problem is alcohol. Heavy drinking, separating from friends, and leaving bars alone simply does not end well regardless of sex/sexual orientation. There is a reason why the
emergency rooms are so busy Friday nights.

I hope I am not coming across as snippy, my frustration with the smiley face theory is that I feel it takes away from the real issues of alcohol and dangerous activities surrounding it. And honestly, white, young, attractive, popular, athletic guys go out drinking with their friends. When I bartended at a student pub that was pretty much every male in the bar. 80% of drowning victims in general are male. Men feel far more secure walking places alone than a female would.

Aside from all that, humans look for patterns, it is just how we are. Problem with that is that we will tend to only see what fits the pattern.
This drinking and falling in the river happens to females too but if you are only looking for and researching the males, that is all you will find. I think if females felt as comfortable as males do leaving clubs drunk and alone, the incidences would be about equal.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ts-drowned-in-river-after-drinking-games.html

If a lot of pretty blonde college age girls ended up mysteriously drowned in rivers miles away from where they were last seen in a bar, and then they were suddenly missing, I think it would raise ENORMOUS concerns. ENORMOUS.

The fact that handsome young men end up drowned in rivers a serious distance away from where they were last seen, is a concern. Sometimes, it's obvious, like in the case of Jack Marr who fell into the river on video. Accidents happen. But REALLY. Why do all these young drunk men seem to end up in rivers a long way from where they were going?

So do people think that every petite college age female with blond hair that is murdered in all of the US are killed by one single death cult? If not, why in the world would every single good looking male be tied together?
The problem isn't a death cult of serial killers. The problem is alcohol. Heavy drinking, separating from friends, and leaving bars alone simply does not end well regardless of sex/sexual orientation. There is a reason why the
emergency rooms are so busy Friday nights.

I hope I am not coming across as snippy, my frustration with the smiley face theory is that I feel it takes away from the real issues of alcohol and dangerous activities surrounding it. And honestly, white, young, attractive, popular, athletic guys go out drinking with their friends. When I bartended at a student pub that was pretty much every male in the bar. 80% of drowning victims in general are male. Men feel far more secure walking places alone than a female would.

Aside from all that, humans look for patterns, it is just how we are. Problem with that is that we will tend to only see what fits the pattern.
This drinking and falling in the river happens to females too but if you are only looking for and researching the males, that is all you will find. I think if females felt as comfortable as males do leaving clubs drunk and alone, the incidences would be about equal.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ts-drowned-in-river-after-drinking-games.html

According to the coroner, Joey had no gunshot or stab wounds and he didn't drown. BBM

"What we now know was Labute's body was discovered Tuesday in the Scioto River near the Audobon Metro Park. Franklin County Coroner Dr. Anahi Ortiz said an autopsy found no signs of external injuries on Thursday.

"There were no gun shot or stab wounds," said Ortiz.

The coroner said there was no water found in Labute's lungs, which could mean that he was dead before he went into the river."

http://abc6onyourside.com/news/local/friends-and-family-mourn-loss-of-joey-labute

According to the coroner, Joey had no gunshot or stab wounds and he didn't drown. BBM

"What we now know was Labute's body was discovered Tuesday in the Scioto River near the Audobon Metro Park. Franklin County Coroner Dr. Anahi Ortiz said an autopsy found no signs of external injuries on Thursday.

"There were no gun shot or stab wounds," said Ortiz.

The coroner said there was no water found in Labute's lungs, which could mean that he was dead before he went into the river."

http://abc6onyourside.com/news/local/friends-and-family-mourn-loss-of-joey-labute

Exactly. Sure sounds like they believe he was dead before he "went" into a river. Well as far as I know dead people don't go walking into rivers. So it sure sounds to me like somebody put the body into the river. I presume to cover up the evidence. I think he was killed then body dumped into the river.

So, there were no signs of external injuries and no water found in the lungs. I may be stating the obvious here, but this means (to me) that he ingested or perhaps inhaled something. I don't think the coroner has mentioned if anything or not was found in this stomach or intestines ? Maybe the coroner didn't since the autopsy came back negative.

Somebody put his body in the water. So, this means (to me) there are only two things that are possible: A. the other person panicked and ditched the body when something went wrong -or- B. the other person committed homicide.

Another young man went missing in Columbus 10 years ago, never found.

"“Listening to it brought back a lot of memories about we had to do and what we went through… how agonizing this type of situation is for the family members,” says Sgt. Hurst."

http://nbc4i.com/2016/04/01/a-decade-later-medical-students-disappearance-remains-a-mystery/

Brian's case is very sad and puzzling as well. Strange (to me) that Joey was found just one day before the tenth anniversary of when Brian went missing under very similar circumstances in the same area of town.

I drove down yesterday to the Scioto Audubon Park to the boat launch were Joey was found. The road that leads to it (West Whittier Street) is a dead end street. There are some street lights, but not very many. Most of the street lights are on the main street thoroughfare. The park closes at 8pm and Joey went missing after midnight. There would have been no traffic going back and forth (its a dead end street and after midnight). It would have been virtual darkness at the boat launch and parking area. I got the feeling that whoever put the body in the water knew about this area & knew it was going to be dark & knew there was going to be no traffic. I had never been back there myself until yesterday.

Another young man went missing in Columbus 10 years ago, never found.

"“Listening to it brought back a lot of memories about we had to do and what we went through… how agonizing this type of situation is for the family members,” says Sgt. Hurst."

http://nbc4i.com/2016/04/01/a-decade-later-medical-students-disappearance-remains-a-mystery/

Brian Shaffer- he has a thread on websleuths as well. You should check it out.

Joey is preceded in death my mother and brother , Bryan- gave me chills because it rings similarity of Brian shaffer case.

I drove down yesterday to the Scioto Audubon Park to the boat launch were Joey was found. The road that leads to it (West Whittier Street) is a dead end street. There are some street lights, but not very many. Most of the street lights are on the main street thoroughfare. The park closes at 8pm and Joey went missing after midnight. There would have been no traffic going back and forth (its a dead end street and after midnight). It would have been virtual darkness at the boat launch and parking area. I got the feeling that whoever put the body in the water knew about this area & knew it was going to be dark & knew there was going to be no traffic. I had never been back there myself until yesterday.

Joey was found on the other side of the river from the Audubon, correct?

Brian Shaffer- he has a thread on websleuths as well. You should check it out.

Joey is preceded in death my mother and brother , Bryan- gave me chills because it rings similarity of Brian shaffer case.

I know about Brian's case. I just posted a link because I noticed the similarities. Although right now it doesn't appear the cases are connected.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayhartley90
Back