OH OH - Kara Hyde, 23, bag of clothes found in Crawford Woods, Hamilton, 5 Dec 2021 *Reward*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

The reward for finding Kara has increased to $4,000. A fundraiser on Saturday, through Fairfield Amvets 71 is helping keep her story alive. The organization hosted a charity bike run to make sure her case continues to be investigated.

"I just love her so much and I miss her so much and I would give anything if she just walked in the door," Hyde said.

The Hamilton Police Department and a private investigator continue to try and locate her.

"We've had some leads. We've been following all the leads. So we've been following leads. So we're trying to continue to search areas and trying to make things happen," private investigator John Sain said. "We want to keep her case active. We want people to know that we're still involved and we're still out there looking for her."

AUG 7, 2023
[...]

According to investigators, Hyde left her mother Lisa's Grand Boulevard home at 1:30 p.m. on Dec. 5, 2021, and has not been seen since. It was the day after Lisa's birthday and her daughter was going to the store to pick up her birthday present.

"Then she said, 'I love you,' and then she was out the door," Lisa Hyde said. "It would be great to find her alive, if that's not the case then all I want to do is take care of my baby you know give her back her dignity and lay her to rest. She was the biggest part of my life and I feel like half of me is missing, my soul is gone, and I don't know what to do."

Kara Hyde

Photo by: Lisa Hyde

[...]

Later this week, Lisa told WCPO a group of people will be searching a few areas for Kara with the help of a private investigator. Lisa is pleading with the people who may have information about her daughter to come forward so she can get closure.

[...]

If you want to help, go to the "Find Kara Hyde Search" Facebook page.
<snipped to focus on this older post/FB link>

I revisited that FB site listed by @PommyMommy again to see how the Amvet's Motorcycle ride for Kara on August 5 went (mentioned above by @Unalienable Rights). There are links to some reports there now, including a TV news video of the ride.

Then I scrolled back through some older posts there and there is just so much info in them that I had forgotten! I am also still confused about the drawing posted on 7/2/22 supposedly done by Kara on the day she went missing and left for her Mom to find - it stumped me back when I first saw it and still does. I have no idea what was being expressed and for some reason I still can't get over the stick figures drawn because it doesn't seem (in MOO) that a 23 year old who is described as "artistic" would draw in that "little kid" style.

I pray the family gets an answer about Kara soon because you can feel that their desperation to find Kara is still as strong - if not stronger - as when she first went missing.

DEC 5, 2023
[...]

The Find Kara Group is planning more searches and events in the future, Lisa says. She has even used some of the fundraiser money to pay a private investigator and contacted an underwater drone operator from San Antonio to help find her daughter.

“I’m not going to have peace of mind over this until I find her. That’s all there is to it,” she said. “[The underwater drone operator] is gonna come up to spring and search some areas - some of our search areas that have, you know, have water waves in them - so I’m really excited about that.”

Lisa is also hoping someone will come forward with information now that so much time has gone by.

“I would give anything if somebody would just talk and tell me what they know. You know, maybe it’s something that they don’t think is important, but it might be,” she said.

[...]

Thanks for keeping this thread alive, @PommyMommy. SMH about this, and I don't know where the "powers that be" or the family will go next.
Just hoping Kara is in a safe place with people who care about her. Hoping, too, that Kara will at least get in touch with her loved ones if she is able to do so.
Strength and hope to those who love her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beaverton
Back