OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the article it was KM's clothing and personal items. Even if it was her father's items I still wonder why LE allowed anyone to be in the apartment going through things...anyone's things and removing them during an ongoing investigation and before the SBI had been in to do an investigation.

I wouldn't think LE would allow this so early in the investigation. Things getting moved around, picked through, evidence destroyed. imo

I can see a defense attorney having a field day with this!

I see what you are saying, I always just wonder if reporters get things 100% right so I guess that's why I thought of her dad's belongings because you are correct if it's her stuff they have opened a big can of worms!

I do not know that, I know that I hear his mom has been the one that is "front and center" in the searches etc. I would be shocked about a trust fund because he had an injury last year and told some people that he wished he could figure out a way not to go back to work once the injury was healed and I just feel like in the setting this was made he would have shared about a trust fund. I'll ask around.

Maybe he is getting a settlement from the injury and that is where the money to move to Colorado is coming from.

He was working because in one interview he mentioned asking his employer if he could go check on KM. I thought he still worked for a pizza delivery.

I can't find where someone asked about the picture that she sent, it was an old picture that someone from work had taken of her and sent to her and she was sending it to him for him to see so it wasn't a picture of her from that night I don't believe.

He mentioned the picture as one she already had and that she had done something with it, he said she was very creative.........

Maybe he is getting a settlement from the injury and that is where the money to move to Colorado is coming from.

He was working because in one interview he mentioned asking his employer if he could go check on KM. I thought he still worked for a pizza delivery.

yes he delivers pizza, no settlement he fell on ice delivering a pizza

I guess if i were trying to confuse the timeline of death, I'd probably try to do that with texts and such, too.

Yeah JC's just smile and don't worry line is just...uh, different.

How does his mother know Katelyn's townhouse appeared “completely untouched,” Did she go in there TOO?? Or taking JC's word for it.
How many people had access to her townhouse- LE changed the locks!! Why???

I still don't understand if he was concerned why he didn't call her workplace direct to check on her- I mean she is at work, and probably can't mess with her phone constantly.

I want to know WHO saw her last, other than the boyfriend....and WHEN.

Can't they check and see where her phone was when she supposedly sent that picture to JC late that night?? I didn't think a phone actually had to be turned ON to check history?

YA THINK??? I mean what kind of statement is that?

The other thing is WHY is our Police Chief saying they don't suspect foul play? Did an alien abduct her?

I don't understand his statement either. Really strange, smile and don't worry!

I don't understand LE's behavior either. Its as if they know something we don't...duh! If it is not foul play why did they call in the SBI? On the other hand why did they allow people"in" the apartment and allow anyone to remove boxes of her things or her Dad's things. Either one compromises the intregity of a case, imo

Until they can rule out an abduction or a crime I wouldn't expect this type of behavior by LE and if they didn't think it was foul play why did they call in SBI?

According to this article, the mother went into the townhouse at some point. I'm not real clear on the time line. Did JC and his mom go inside the townhouse and then reported her missing or vice versa? Did JC have a key?

She didn't actually say she had gone into the apartment. She said it appeared to be untouched (probably not her exact words). She could be getting that information from her son. jmo

According to this article, the mother went into the townhouse at some point. I'm not real clear on the time line. Did JC and his mom go inside the townhouse and then reported her missing or vice versa? Did JC have a key?

Yes JC had a key. He said that when he went over to check on her. He very quickly put the key in the door and didn't check to see if it was locked or unlocked and then he ran up to her bedroom. Hinky...right. Wouldn't he knock...open the door....call out her name....go through the first floor calling her and then the second floor????

Yes JC had a key. He said that when he went over to check on her. He very quickly put the key in the door and didn't check to see if it was locked or unlocked and then he ran up to her bedroom. Hinky...right. Wouldn't he knock...open the door....call out her name....go through the first floor calling her and then the second floor????

Thank you. Do we know what time he went to the townhouse and what time the 911 call was made?

It's odd they were supposedly going to take off to Colorado...and his not 'forcing' her if she didn't want to comment. I wonder if she, or he, even had a job lined up there.
They were all of a sudden going to live together, that far from 'home'?
I know people have different standards, but to have known each other for so long, and engaged for a yr now, odd they aren't already living together. And he still lives with mom.

IMHO- there is something very off about this scenario...she seems motivated...pizza delivery, eh not so much?? Is he also in school?

I KNOW what it is that is bothering me! His speech and manner of talking reminds me of this guy my daughter dated last yr. He was a real talker, on and on....He acted oh so heads over heels in love with her...yet he was very possessive and jealous...
she finally broke it off with him, and was seriously considering a restraining order, because for a good while he kept calling, emailing, etc...insisting they were still a couple

How many times have we seen someone burning something after someone disappears? It's a definite red flag!

So if one were to dispose of someone and then try to cover their bases, the first thing you might do is make a fake text message conversation. He has to explain the burning... so we have "wish I could be there to see you burn that stuff I asked you to burn". Then, a picture of that person alive would be even better! So, he finds one on her phone and sends it to himself. He probably then realizes that someone else took that picture.

It all seems very weird and convenient for him!

Yeah when I was 22 I was burning my bills & class schedules, etc., or better yet giving them to my boyfriend to do, and lamenting the fact I couldn't be there too <eye roll>
I call BS....
okay maybe JC isn't responsible but something is hinky

Yeah JC's just smile and don't worry line is just...uh, different.

How does his mother know Katelyn's townhouse appeared “completely untouched,” Did she go in there TOO?? Or taking JC's word for it.
How many people had access to her townhouse- LE changed the locks!! Why???

I still don't understand if he was concerned why he didn't call her workplace direct to check on her- I mean she is at work, and probably can't mess with her phone constantly.

I want to know WHO saw her last, other than the boyfriend....and WHEN.

Can't they check and see where her phone was when she supposedly sent that picture to JC late that night?? I didn't think a phone actually had to be turned ON to check history?

I believe she was basing her assumption on what her son had told her. JMO

Like you, I don't understand why he didn't call her work and ask. Most people would unless he didn't want to get her in trouble. Since we don't know is she was allowed to get calls at work we only make guesses about his reasoning.

I believe they can check her history and know when and where each came from...location of the tower. It doesn't have to be turned on for that but LE needs to get a search warrant (or something) before they can obtain these records which I bet they have done.

In this video clip from Fox19, there is some footage of Katelyn's townhome. I wonder if anyone would know what the white jug is in front of the bbq and beside the garbage can? I also notice the window blind either broken or hanging down. I wonder if that has been explained yet because I can't see Kaitlyn leaving it like that. jmo.

http://www.fox19.com/story/15286971/police-zero-in-on-missing-fairfield-womans-townhome

The blinds might have been destroyed by the dog. Some dogs do that when they are left at home alone.

That white jug looks like it has a dog on the front of it. Might be carpet cleaner used for doggie clean up and odor.

It's odd they were supposedly going to take off to Colorado...and his not 'forcing' her if she didn't want to comment. I wonder if she, or he, even had a job lined up there.
They were all of a sudden going to live together, that far from 'home'?
I know people have different standards, but to have known each other for so long, and engaged for a yr now, odd they aren't already living together. And he still lives with mom.

IMHO- there is something very off about this scenario...she seems motivated...pizza delivery, eh not so much?? Is he also in school?

I KNOW what it is that is bothering me! His speech and manner of talking reminds me of this guy my daughter dated last yr. He was a real talker, on and on....He acted oh so heads over heels in love with her...yet he was very possessive and jealous...
she finally broke it off with him, and was seriously considering a restraining order, because for a good while he kept calling, emailing, etc...insisting they were still a couple

It seems like the move to Colorado was his idea. Perhaps his bio dad/family live in Colorado? With the economy like it is, he might have had a better chance at getting a job there (just noodlin') depending on his skill set (or degree?).

I find it strange they didn't live together either, but perhaps her dad didn't like the idea of them living together, but then that begs the question as to why he didn't stay with her that night - Dad was gone and she was there alone.

Well, this strickes me as odd and scarey.
Markham’s fiance, John Carter, asked the audience to remember that smile.
“I want people to smile like that when they think of her and not worry about her,” Carter said.
http://www.journal-news.com/news/ha...ay-after-authorities-search-home-1233839.html

That was at a prayer vigil. It would seem strange if it had been said anywhere else but not strange (imo) considering it was at a church service. Listen to what her friends had to say. No difference in thought to me.

It seems like the move to Colorado was his idea. Perhaps his bio dad/family live in Colorado? With the economy like it is, he might have had a better chance at getting a job there (just noodlin') depending on his skill set (or degree?).

I find it strange they didn't live together either, but perhaps her dad didn't like the idea of them living together, but then that begs the question as to why he didn't stay with her that night - Dad was gone and she was there alone.

He was working that night and probably got off late and she had to work the next day. Maybe she wanted her sleep. AND maybe they don't sleep together. Most do but some don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710