OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
totally guessing but by the younger child living with mom maybe the family has told the PD that the mom made a difference in the girls one being adopted and one being a biological daughter and so Chief just threw that out there, I have heard from several people that have searched the mother hasn't been around just the dad and sister

that is exactly where my mind went too. May be totally wrong. Even if we're right I don't think it has anything to do with Katelyn being missing.:banghead:

that is exactly where my mind went too. May be totally wrong. Even if we're right I don't think it has anything to do with Katelyn being missing.:banghead:

So true, I was a little peeved when it was said because I just knew it was going to get people's attention but I think it's more a police officer trying to figure out why a mother isn't involved.

I just viewed the video here:

http://www.wlwt.com/news/28919291/detail.html

John Carter: "[The dog] was in her room, and honestly he went to the bathroom in the room, and you could tell it'd been there for a while. So I knew she hadn't been in her room for a while. And that freaked me out. So I immediately called friends, family, police..."

Only he didn't immediately call police, if he was honest in his 911 call. He had to have left her apartment and gone somewhere; then he called 911 only when he was on his way back to her apartment, after who knows how much time had passed.

He said in the video it was about 7 or 7:30 when he went to her apartment, about the time he expected her home from work. In the 911 call, however, he says he was freaked out that her car was there because she was supposed to be at work! As someone else pointed out on this board - which is it? Did he expect her to be home, or he was 'freaked out' that her car was there because she wasn't supposed to be home? He can't have it both ways.

Presumably a while later is when he called police, since he didn't call them right away after seeing her apartment (again, for his 911 call to make any sense, he had to have left and come back). Yet it was posted in this forum that his 911 call was at 5:58 pm! What's the source of that time?

The information he's giving just makes no sense and isn't consistent.

I have been getting FB messages tonight from tons of people that think something isn't adding up, his family is so vocal on the news FB pages and on the Help Find Katelyn pages and for some reason I think they are lurking here but just lurking because we are pointing out the obvious and they don't know what to do with that...just my opinion of course

If her fiance is an incredibly awkward person who isn't really good with words I can see how he can be 100% innocent and still have discrepancies in what he is saying. The hiker story is a good example-several of us watched an interview and were ready to convict and then she turned out to be alive and it wasn't his fault at all. Sometimes awkwardness and maybe guilt just in general (like, he should have protected her but didn't) can give "false positives"
So, once again, I am trying very hard to look outside him at least for now. I am having trouble coming up with another scenario though. Someone pulls a gun on her? I cannot imagine her willingly going with someone and not at least taking her keys. I also cannot imagine someone dragging her out of their by force and leaving no evidence of it.

I am not trying to 'sleuth' her family members but I will admit I am curious if the divorce was amicable....I mean someone has this girl or done something to her...have to wonder if the parents, either one's, lifestyles or friends, would have had anything to do with KM missing? I am NOT saying they have questionable lives....but who do they know that might be hinky????
Considering Shawn Adkins is a POI and was Hailey's mom's boyfriend...
You never know WHO might harm you, or a loved one, or why.

I have been getting FB messages tonight from tons of people that think something isn't adding up, his family is so vocal on the news FB pages and on the Help Find Katelyn pages and for some reason I think they are lurking here but just lurking because we are pointing out the obvious and they don't know what to do with that...just my opinion of course
I hope they ARE lurking here, because if so, they're squirming and sweating. You know everything we've pointed out has to have occurred to law enforcement already. And if he can't get his answers straight in just the few clips we've all seen, imagine how much damage he's done himself while talking at much greater length to law enforcement!

Unless there are REALLY good reasons for the many inconsistencies in his stories, it's obvious he had something to do with her disappearance. It's not just awkwardness - that I could shrug off - but he can't even get his facts or timelines straight, and he can't remember which aspect(s) of her being missing "freaked him out," for what reason, in what order.

I am becoming obsessed with her phone being the only thing taken...why did someone need to get a hold of her phone? A random home-invader would leave the phone, so as not to be able to have it tracked in any way. If she was abducted and did not just leave on her own (very doubtful to me) then it was by someone who was in her phone in some way.

A few people have commented about how it's odd she would have had her cell phone with her so I thought I would throw in my 2 cents.

My sister has her phone with her constantly, usually in her pocket and not her purse. She even makes sure she has it when she takes the dog outside. I guess it's a safety thing, maybe from living alone? Probably one I should follow more. She's not one of those people who talks on the phone or texts constantly.

Anyway, I guess I could see how Katelyn might have her phone with her if she answered the door, someone coaxed her out and the abduction happened from there if it happened to be in her pocket. I wish I knew if they knew if she was still dressed or was wearing PJs.

I am becoming obsessed with her phone being the only thing taken...why did someone need to get a hold of her phone? A random home-invader would leave the phone, so as not to be able to have it tracked in any way. If she was abducted and did not just leave on her own (very doubtful to me) then it was by someone who was in her phone in some way.

Honestly I think about this one a little differently. My cousin and I are extremely close and if she calls me and says I need to run to my kids to drop off medicine late or calls and says hey let's go get an ice cream I pick up and go in my PJ's grabbing nothing but my cell phone. I can honestly see someone I know and love either calling me or knocking on my door me looking outside opening them door and them saying her run here or there with me and me not grabbing anything but my phone BUT I would text the hubby and let him know where I was in case he woke or something BUT if we didn't live together not sure if I would do that especially if I was just "helping out a friend".....

A few people have commented about how it's odd she would have had her cell phone with her so I thought I would throw in my 2 cents.

My sister has her phone with her constantly, usually in her pocket and not her purse. She even makes sure she has it when she takes the dog outside. I guess it's a safety thing, maybe from living alone? Probably one I should follow more. She's not one of those people who talks on the phone or texts constantly.

Anyway, I guess I could see how Katelyn might have her phone with her if she answered the door, someone coaxed her out and the abduction happened from there if it happened to be in her pocket. I wish I knew if they knew if she was still dressed or was wearing PJs.

my same thoughts

Well, if she had her phone with her willingly, then it seems to have been turned off by someone rather quickly...so maybe it was in her hand, who knows...and the perp took it and turned it off. Is it even certain she vanished overnight and not in the morning? Does she ever jog or anything? And also, someone locked up the dog, apparently...very weird...

The thing about the photo being sent makes me think that the phone was important to the person who took her...assuming she did not send it, which I am at this point. They would have had to go through her photos, find the one, send it etc...

Ok, so lets say someone knocks and she sees the person and throws her dog in the back room. I do that sometimes unless it is a family member or my boyfriend. She has her phone in her hand or pocket. She steps outside to talk and then somehow they force her into a car? I cannot imagine it being completely willing because I feel like she would have stepped in to get her keys at least.

Ok, so lets say someone knocks and she sees the person and throws her dog in the back room. I do that sometimes unless it is a family member or my boyfriend. She has her phone in her hand or pocket. She steps outside to talk and then somehow they force her into a car? I cannot imagine it being completely willing because I feel like she would have stepped in to get her keys at least.

not if the person had their own key....just sayin'

You are right. Well, crap. That would conveniently leave us with absolutely no evidence especially if she wasn't killed in the actual vehicle (assuming she is dead).

I noticed in an interview I listened to today that Katelyn didn't make her bed so the fact that the bed looked like it had been slept in doesn't mean a hill of beans.

I still say I need to know who saw her other then JC on Saturday and what time that was.

Well, if she had her phone with her willingly, then it seems to have been turned off by someone rather quickly...so maybe it was in her hand, who knows...and the perp took it and turned it off. Is it even certain she vanished overnight and not in the morning? Does she ever jog or anything? And also, someone locked up the dog, apparently...very weird...

The thing about the photo being sent makes me think that the phone was important to the person who took her...assuming she did not send it, which I am at this point. They would have had to go through her photos, find the one, send it etc...
Good point. Either she turned off her phone soon after sending John the pic (did she use her phone as an alarm clock?), or someone else turned it off for her... OR, someone else sent that pic from her phone, and not just sent it, but sent it specifically to John. Hmm. I wonder how much time passed between the pic and the previous actual text?

If her father had been living there, any chance someone could have mistook her for HIS girlfriend???
Maybe they came to the door...she left the dog in her bedroom and & went to the door with phone in hand...could have been night or morning, could have pointed a gun at her, forcing her on outside

I posted way back in the early part saying that if I was abducted from home at night, the scene would be EXACTLY the same as this one...
I live alone with 3 little dogs, and occasionally I wake up and hear a noise... it's probably nothing I think, but let me grab my phone in case I have to call 911... and I would defintely lock the little ankle biters in the bedroom to keep them safe.. just in case. I go into the front of the house and if someone grabbed me and pulled me out the door, you would have the dogs locked in the bedroom and the cell phone in my hand... just sayin.
OTOH, the photo sent from her phone I see as evidence of something else. Personally I hope it isn't but I could see this as a suicide. Is there a body of water nearby?

The reason I haven't jumped on the "BF did it" bandwagon is becasue he's the only info out there, and the only thing to focus on. I think it's very possible he's nervous, upset, and not too good at presenting himself, but innocent. And since everything we have comes almost directly from him, we can pick it apart like crazy. From the get-go it seemed like her family was very supportive of him - doesn't her sister say "Love you, brother" all the time??

not if the person had their own key....just sayin'

This- YES! And I wish we knew if the door was locked/unlocked. Awfully convenient that he automatically just stuck the key in without realizing if it was locked. This is one of the many things bothering me. Wish I knew what kind of lock it was...oooh going to review the videos to see if I can tell in the pics if it was a dead bolt or not.

Trying to keep an open mind and look at others besides him. It's just there's SO much with him that makes me crazy. I did see one interview with her next door neighbor. I wonder what his story is. Surely he's been questioned too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raine73