OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole phone and earring thing is bothering me, I know there are a lot of items to be found on any search, but geez...another red phone seems unlikley to me. I wish that would be cleared up, at least-what is the harm?
But from what TM said about having no place to start the search makes me think they are not hers, otherwise why not work from the place they were found, outward...

Also-why didn't she just show him this picture that she sent to him while he was at her house earlier in the evening?

Yup! And I read in one of his interviews, he said that those photos were in her bedroom, so she couldn't show them to him .... uhmmmm but then he said, he last saw her, IN her bedroom. So he was where the photos were, and could have seen them, while he was there. Strange!

He did, at one point say 2AM, then later he said the usual, 12 :45
I think the 2 was just one of those slip of the tongue things
But who knows at this point.

Maybe 2Am has some other important meaning. There are those that think that there are no accidental "slips of the tongue"

When I ever get caught up I'm going to post my new musings. :innocent:

I think the 2am was the time he supposedly left the friend's house in his jumbled time line. He was ready for that question and instead answered the question of when they stopped texting by inserting the 2am time as when he left the friend's house.

It's like he knows what he wants to answer to certain questions but then gets confused and mixed up or something. :waitasec:

Ok here are my new thoughts on the matter:

On Nancy Grace last night we got a little bit more of the timeline.
He said he went to bed at 4:30 AM and woke up at 4:30 PM
(snipped)
So, we have been assuming that whatever happened, happened about 12:30 to 1Am
but, we now have 4 more hours.

What about this.
He goes to his friends house has some drinks, probably way too many, and maybe some pot as others have suggested
Then he goes BACK to KM's house.

OMG :fireworks: He went back.............he said in one interview, I hope they find them ( we think he said them).

Is anyone following my train of thought here? When he arrived he found "them".................

NOT meant to infer anything. They might have been talking outside or sitting in a car talking (if it was raining).

Interesting:

More than 120 people - including Katelyn Markham's fiancé John Carter - gathered early Thursday at Fairfield West Baptist Church for the most intensive search yet for the missing 22-year-old art student.

Markham's father, Dave, was among them and stood before the crowd during a briefing on ground rules for the search coordinated by Texas EquuSearch Mounted Search and Recovery Team.

~~snip~~

Carter and David Markham did not interact with one another during Thursday's event.

Much more at link: http://communitypress.cincinnati.com/article/AB/20110901/NEWS01/109020338/Intensive-search-Katelyn-Markham-begins?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|communities|s

From the link above:

Searchers, armed with fluorescent flags to mark evidence and the areas they checked, broke into teams and were dispatched to at least 10 locations in Butler and Hamilton counties, the farthest eight miles from the Dorshire Drive townhouse that Markham shared with her father.

More than 40 areas have been identified for subsequent searches, Miller said.

Haven't caught up on reading today so I apologize if this has already been discussed. But...after thinking about the burning of the papers a little light bulb in my little head turned on.:shocked2: Did he burn her diary knowing it would be incriminating and needed an excuse for recently burning something?

Ok here are my new thoughts on the matter:

On Nancy Grace last night we got a little bit more of the timeline.
He said he went to bed at 4:30 AM and woke up at 4:30 PM
(snipped)
So, we have been assuming that whatever happened, happened about 12:30 to 1Am
but, we now have 4 more hours.

What about this.
He goes to his friends house has some drinks, probably way too many, and maybe some pot as others have suggested.
Then he goes BACK to KM's house.
OMG :fireworks: He went back.............he said in one interview, I hope they find them ( we think he said them).

Is anyone following my train of thought here? When he arrived he found "them".................

I think this would make more sense as a "them" than KM being pregnant.

Being as driven and focused as she was, I'm sure she would have taken double or triple precautions to make sure that she wouldn't get pregnant. Birth control is pretty cheap these days, condoms are easy to get your hands on, and so is plan B if it really comes down to it.

If KM had outgrown JC, but still cared about him, she probably would have tried to be as gentle as possible...so, "go to bed", get JC out of the way, hang out with new boy, and take some time to figure out how to break the news to him.

Is there news of anyone else missing?

This is really the only thread I've been keeping up to date on at Websleuths.....

Also, there's all kinds of slang and jokes out there today that those of us who live under rocks don't get. I saw something on one of the FB pages that the whole KM being pregnant thing was just a slang misunderstanding that got chucked through the rumor mill. :p

FWIW: A pizza delivery driver would know the community roads very well.

Well, it sounds that even if they didn't find her, they found some interesting things. That's good.

Interesting, if there is in fact a wedge between dad and JC; wonder if dad has received any input from LE or is just reacting, as we are, to JC's latest appearance?

Well, it sounds that even if they didn't find her, they found some interesting things. That's good.

Did you hear what they found? Is the search over already? Where did they search? Thanks

Interesting, if there is in fact a wedge between dad and JC; wonder if dad has received any input from LE or is just reacting, as we are, to JC's latest appearance?
What have you heard?

Yup! And I read in one of his interviews, he said that those photos were in her bedroom, so she couldn't show them to him .... uhmmmm but then he said, he last saw her, IN her bedroom. So he was where the photos were, and could have seen them, while he was there. Strange!

Exactly! It seems like he's just trying to get everyone so confused that they give up on asking any more questions!

It's hard to know. Her family has been very close-mouthed about everything. It could be that something is going on behind the scenes between the families, or perhaps they're just comfortable letting John and him family take the spotlight.

Something that strikes me - it seems like time and again in a circumstance like this, the victim's family publicly supports the husband/boyfriend/significant other, but that hasn't been the case here. I don't think I've heard anyone in Katelyn's family come out and say they don't believe John was involved. Not that that means anything, it just seems unusual.

Did you hear what they found? Is the search over already? Where did they search? Thanks

The article makes it sound like the search is over, doesn't it? I was just thinking about the 40 areas they flagged for follow up. Maybe they found something important.

Carter declined interviews Thursday, saying "I just want to deal with the search."

Carter has gone on the "Nancy Grace" show to talk about the case twice.

He told Grace a week ago that he took a lie detector test and passed. In Wednesday night's appearance, Carter told Grace that the test was a not a polygraph, but rather a voice stress analysis test that authorities sometimes use to measure whether someone is lying. Police will not confirm whether they administered any tests to Carter, nor the results.

http://communitypress.cincinnati.com/article/AB/20110901/NEWS01/109020338/Intensive-search-Katelyn-Markham-begins?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|communities|s

Did he lawyer up?

It might be because JC was searching and her Dad wasn't or it could have to do with the NG interview. Maybe they don't know what to say to each other.

Carter declined interviews Thursday, saying "I just want to deal with the search."

Carter has gone on the "Nancy Grace" show to talk about the case twice.

He told Grace a week ago that he took a lie detector test and passed. In Wednesday night's appearance, Carter told Grace that the test was a not a polygraph, but rather a voice stress analysis test that authorities sometimes use to measure whether someone is lying. Police will not confirm whether they administered any tests to Carter, nor the results.

http://communitypress.cincinnati.com/article/AB/20110901/NEWS01/109020338/Intensive-search-Katelyn-Markham-begins?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|communities|s

Did he lawyer up?

Does Nancy Grace edit her interview conversations? I thought it was a live interview. I know I didn't hear JC say that he was given a voice stress analysis test. The first I heard of that was on FB from JC's family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper