OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Said, at the considering everything FB site, that police have shut down all public information about their investigation, as of today.

I'm beginning to think she didn't return home from the festival.

Maybe she waited until they got in the car to go home to "really explode" about the money he spent.

She could have said,"That's it, I've had it, it's over".

That gives him MOTIVE and OPPORTUNITY.

Just something to think about.

I think this is a good theory. Or maybe they decided to have a discussion/fight and he pulled off somewhere and that is still where she is.
I am not familiar with the area though and don't know if there is a place to pull off when wanting to have a private discussion with someone. If there is a fire pit I am assuming there would be someplace else semi-private.

Said, at the considering everything FB site, that police have shut down all public information about their investigation, as of today.

Whatever that means, I hope it means they found something today and are going to search/recover tomorrow without the public's help and/or interference...

Has anything been said about this alleged friend with the fire pit or whatever they used to burn the documents. Has he been checked out? He would've been the only other person (excluding his family) who may have known Katelyn was alone that night and she may have opened the door for him. Just a thought.

I don't want to be a party pooper, but this is labor day weekend- may be hard to get volunteers.

Wonder if maybe there are going to be some 'private' searches lead by TES tomorrow in lieu of the public search?

Every Party has a :behind:(pooper) that's why we invited you............:great:

Whatever that means, I hope it means they found something today and are going to search/recover tomorrow without the public's help and/or interference...

TES doesn't give up that easily (from following other cases). If they suspended searches, there is a very good reason, imo

the thing about the smell of decomp is worrisome quite frankly....from a past experience, I can say human decomp to me had a very distinctive odor as opposed to animal...at least in my experience

FB page says TES is searching for another missing person tomorrow...Billy DiSilvestro?

Interesting..........the same day JC decides to shut up too.

:rubberducky::rubberducky::rubberducky:

Jeanne:

I think they went to the festival on friday night (?). My info. is that they just hung out on Saturday as she had worked at David's Bridal that day and she was also too tired to go to his family's house to talk about the move to Colorado. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Well the police weren't giving out any public information so what or perhaps who are they shutting down? Did they tell JC to clam up? :waitasec:

Do we know who this other missing person is they plan to search for tomorrow?
I am glad they are helping another family, if true, but was really hoping they had a lead on Katelyn and wanted to pursue it quietly.

ETA: I see his thread, never mind.

My two cents about JC:

I worked in the food industry throughout my twenties, mostly nights. My schedule: start around 5 or 6pm, work until 10 or 11pm, hang out with friends/co-workers after work until 2 or 3am, go home, eat, go to bed, wake-up in late afternoon. This is a very common schedule for someone in the food industry that works nights. That being said, I don’t find JC’s actions (or supposed actions) the night of KM’s disappearance that strange.

I saw his interview on Nancy Grace last night and the first thing I thought to myself was, this guy was hanging out with his friends getting high after he left KM’s condo! Why do I think that? Because that’s what myself and the majority of my co-workers did back when I was working in the food industry. You bust your *advertiser censored* all night trying to make tips, you get off work late and go to a friend/co-worker’s house to smoke weed and unwind. He doesn’t remember what he watched on TV because it was probably just on in the background as they were sitting around smoking, again, this is a normal while hanging out and getting high. They weren’t actually watching what was on. “Burning” or “burning one down” are terms used for smoking pot. I’ve heard some people suggest JC may be a little slow, I think he’s probably just stoned.

Personally, I think he had something to do with KM’s disappearance. I did not find him to be believable from the time I saw his first interview. I think he thought that if he openly talked to the media people wouldn’t suspect him, it’s usually individuals who keep quiet that people are suspicious of. Unfortunately for him, I don’t think he was savvy enough in his interviews and immediately drew attention to himself.

I predict it won’t be long until he’s linked to KM’s disappearance.

Someone else mentioned the burning of things as being pot. That would make a lot of sense that he would tell her he had his own stuff to burn that she could burn with him the next night and her saying she wished she could be there to burn it with him....however, as I said before, why wouldn't he just admit that and take the slap on the wrist for pot instead of murder...unless he already told the cops that and he just doesn't want it publicly (maybe because of his job) known that he's a pot head....although it's pretty obvs.

Jeanne:

I think they went to the festival on friday night (?). My info. is that they just hung out on Saturday as she had worked at David's Bridal that day and she was also too tired to go to his family's house to talk about the move to Colorado. Correct me if I'm wrong.

OPPS! You are correct. So I revise my last statement. I believe they went out on Saturday night. Didn't someone say they had seen them out that night? Maybe out to dinner or somewhere?

I don't get it. As another poster has already pointed out, the police department hasn't realeased ANY freaking information so what's to shut down. LOLOLO

Jeannie:

I think the festival with JC on Friday, and just hung out at her townhouse on Saturday. I hope that's right but who the heck knows in this case?

Do we know who this other missing person is they plan to search for tomorrow?
I am glad they are helping another family, if true, but was really hoping they had a lead on Katelyn and wanted to pursue it quietly.

ETA: I see his thread, never mind.

Mind sharing? Who is the other person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members