OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been following this story from the beginning, and keeping up with this forum. I live .5 mins away from her townhouse. I first read about her missing on Facebook a day or two after she had gone missing. I have to admit I really didn't think anything about it at first accept "wow someone is missing here in Fairfield, and it's right down the street." That afternoon my family ran to the dollar store on Patterson, again not thinking about the missing girl. As we pulled up, we seen a group of people and a news van, it hit me! I shouted "The girl I read about on Facebook!" I am no Medium, but I instantly got a feeling of despair.......and started crying...... I hope she is found safe and alive.........but for the sake of her family I just hope she is found.

bolded by me.

ConcernedOhio, don't discount your immediate reaction! Sometimes I think we know things we don't even realize we know. It's like the primal "hair standing up on the back of your neck" type of response.

You know what's bothering me is this. I've been following the Lauren Spierer case since she went missing a few weeks back and just look at these two cases side by side. LE made several pleas to the public regarding information they had released regarding a truck that had been seen in the area of her disappearance, and released a detailed timeline of Lauren's whereabouts on the night she disappeared.

In Katelyn's case, there hasn't even been a freaking press conference to discuss the case let alone a timeline of Katelyn's last known activities on the night in question.

Thoughts?

I was looking at JC's All Poetry site (sublimeapc) and I noticed there were a lot of comments on his poems by someone (kinkyalysha69) that seems to have maybe been his girlfriend at the time, which I am basing on her comments.

Anyway, I found this comment she made on some other person's poem: "I RELATE TO THIS....(MY FINACE IS VERY NEGATIVE) IT SUCKS WE ARE TRYING TO WORK ON HIS TEMPER.....GREAT WRITE.....KEEP WRITING....ALYSHA." (Here's the link: https://allpoetry.com/poem/604396-Oh_baby_Oh_baby-by-eyeswideshut)

So, this comment was made 7 years ago--JC would have only been 16 or so....seems weird he would have been engaged...BUT, if this was the relationship he had before KM, which it looked to me that it may have been, this comment seems pretty eerie. Do any of you think so too?

Maybe I am stretching too far (as I tend to do trying to find SOME clue)

So if this kinkyalysha69 was his girlfriend (fiancee) at the time, they were trying to work on his anger? Hmmmmmmm...

I can see why JC would have anger issues maybe stemming from frustration at being a slow learner--not being able to keep up with the other kids-- or whatever. Feelings of frustration and "I give up" leading to pot smoking, which doesn't help his mental acuity or solve the anger issues. JMO, I could be wrong.

You know what's bothering me is this. I've been following the Lauren Spierer case since she went missing a few weeks back and just look at these two cases side by side. LE made several pleas to the public regarding information they had released regarding a truck that had been seen in the area of her disappearance, and released a detailed timeline of Lauren's whereabouts on the night she disappeared.

In Katelyn's case, there hasn't even been a freaking press conference to discuss the case let alone a timeline of Katelyn's last known activities on the night in question.

Thoughts?

I haven't followed too many cases, just Lauren Spierer and Celina Cass... but in both of those LE had regular press conferences, at least immediately after the disappearance. Is it unusual to not have had any?

Thoughts?

In Lauren's case (it has been 3 months today, in fact since she went missing :( ) the truck needed to be identified so as to be ruled out. Apparently nothing of the sort has been found in Katelyn's case. The white truck was on video at the time Lauren was said to be walking home. With Katelyn, her last known place was in her apartment, so there isn't much LE can ask from the public; I am sure they questioned her neighbors.

FB page saying that searchers were not being accepted any longer due to the heat and others were coming back early...sad to hear. Do we know if they plan to search tomorrow as well?

News report I just heard said they are abandoning the search for a few days - but didn't imply weather. Very odd report!

Thank you for all of the insightful and thought-provoking comments here while I was away. I can always depend on this discussion group to keep me updated on the progress in this case when I'm not able to access the computer.

I just want to say this and would like to know what you guys think:

I don't have any type of law enforcement degree or experience but I do follow similar cases and have watched 99% of every crime show ever produced for T.V.

How is it possible that JC has never been polygraphed? According to Criminology 101 you start the investigation from the inside and work your way out and that means LE has to eliminate those people closest to Katelyn before moving on to other potential suspects. That means they have to eliminate her father and JC. It is just not possible that LE didn't ask the both of them to take a polygraph so I ask you this.....

Do you think they asked JC early on to take a polygraph and he refused? I mean we don't know this information and the police dept. is certainly not sharing this information with you and I, are they? JC might have become angry and grossly offended that they would even consider that he might have caused any harm to Katelyn and flatly refused to take one. Or, he may have politely refused either because he doesn't "trust" a polygraph or just gave them some other flimsy, weirded-out reason why he didn't think it would be a good idea. Instead, I think the detectives have been in touch with him by phone and during one of their telephone conversations asked him if he would be agreeable to taking an innocent "voice recognition test" over the phone and he agreed. (and probably failed)

You just can't tell me that if JC showed up at the Fairfield police dept. and told the detectives he wanted to be polygraphed that they would refuse his request.

Just one of the things that make no sense
Either JC is lying when he says they never asked him to take a lie dector test
Or the police are really incompetent.

If he was "engaged" at 16 it would support the image of JC as codependent/overly attached to his relationships, but then I would wonder why it took 5 years to become engaged to Katelyn.

Could be that JC and other chick's parents found out they were having sex and made them get engaged.

Altho 16 does seem like a strange age to push engagement at.

Could have been an endearing term too.

Really sad that they had to stop the search though. Imagine how her dad feels...even though I am sure he understands, it must be very painful.

Well, JCs stepsister just posted on FB thanking everyone but saying she won't be back to the site and that NO family of JC nor JC is allowed on the searches anymore !!!!!~!

ETA: Oh and she's not allowed to communicate about the case anymore.

Well, JCs stepsister just posted on FB thanking everyone but saying she won't be back to the site and that NO family of JC nor JC is allowed on the searches anymore !!!!!~!

Allowed by who? The KGB?

Meaning? What?

Ugggggg - now this fits the tone of the report I just saw - something is going on in background is my gut feeling. Maybe drama or the rumors Tim Spoke of??? :waitasec:

TM should be used to rumors, and worse, by now.

ETA: Oh and she's not allowed to communicate about the case anymore.[/quote

I think they are close to finding her.

I think TM probably asked the searchers not to talk about the search, in fact I am sure he did, as one of our locals here was searching and said so.

As far as not being "allowed" to talk about Katelyn being missing? That sounds like BS to me...besides they have been "talking" on FB for three weeks now, they probably have run out of things to say, JMO.

LE acts like they can tell people to hush up, but they can't. Only a judge can order a gag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pastureraisedoffroadpoke