OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it is significant but it could go either way.

Katelyn finally decided it was time to move on and ended the engagement and JC didn't take it too well or she could've decided it was time to move on and her upcoming birthday was her planned date.

I find it very strange that nothing was planned for her birthday celebration on a Saturday. Usually, young people party on Saturday nights ...don't they? I know weekends are filled with young adults and teenagers up here where I'm from. This was Katelyn's bday weekend and her 1 year engagement anniversary. A happy time but instead she disappears???

If she needed to work on Saturday and Sunday... Sure she could have asked off, but what if she really needed every hour she could get? I know my art school had insane schedules so it was really hard to work during the week, but we might have one "light" day during the week (no studio classes) where she might be able to celebrate a little better.

Wow-interesting...many people consider him to be the be-all, end-all of these sort of groups...
Ever since his performance in the Haleigh Cummings matter, some former supporters have seen Miller as more of a camera-hog than anything else. This does not lessen the great work Texas Equusearch does - much of it still in Texas; the volunteers of the organization spent many days recently, unheralded by the media, searching for a drowned man in Canyon Lake, north of San Antonio, and did find him - and Miller does his thing, I'm sure, to keep up the organizational profile and guarantee donations, so it's not the most egregious thing in the world for TM to do. However, just having them show up and get on the local news certainly doesn't guarantee anything in terms of finding anybody. People get a false sense of how much they're going to be able to do.

FB makes my brain hurt...
Family no longer "aloud" to search...good grief...

snipped

The "dog" thing....if it were me, and alot of people, their dogs sleep with them, soooo, if you're a perpetrator, you're NOT gonna put them in a bedroom and close the door to keep them "comfy"....you're PROBABLY not gonna give a poop what their doing....stopping to chase after the dogs and get them in the room is kinda giving your victim time to get away....but that's just IMO.

Pleaser forgive me, I follow the thread, but often don't...knowing all you guys, all these things were probably said before....maybe bears repeating???

I was thinking they put the dog away after the subdued KM. Like they knew the dog was usually put up, but didn't know where or the dog was causing problems (although if it wasn't barking I doubt that's the case.) What you said does make sense though, unless they had plenty of time to clean up and just put the dog up for habit, who knows if that wasn't where the dog was supposed to be?

Edit: if it is JC, he clearly cares about dogs, he could have wanted to put it up so it felt safe, but wanted to put it up so it looked like someone else did it (hence saying the dog is not where it should be.) covering his own tracks while taking care of the dog.

As for the fire pit. I was thinking, if they use lighter fluid to keep it going in the rain, but anything that wasn't burned would still be ruined by the rain? But that would mean there was a time crunch and that didn't seem to be an issue. unless he wanted to make sure his friends couldn't see the papers while they burned...although I still think it was a reference to pot.

I'm wondering if the LE really messed this up and that's why they aren't talking. Did they just screw the pooch on everything? No LD, no taping off the scene, didn't even change locks for a few days, didn't search the mysterious fire pit, didn't get the phone records in time, let people remove things from the apartment.....

If she needed to work on Saturday and Sunday... Sure she could have asked off, but what if she really needed every hour she could get? I know my art school had insane schedules so it was really hard to work during the week, but we might have one "light" day during the week (no studio classes) where she might be able to celebrate a little better.

Sorry but if she sent the picture of the picture at 12:45, it makes no sense that she would've told her fiancé she was tired. When did she text JC to tell him she wanted to be there for the burning? Was it that same night?

Something is not making sense.

On FB they were mentioning that Katelyn's name was called over the PA system Friday night at the festival and that they think it was John's mom that was paging her ?

The theory over there is that they're close to finding her and didn't want the family members finding her body. Maybe that's why Tim's group was asked to suspend the search. I remember Tim saying on t.v. that he is in contact several times a day with the detectives.

On FB they were mentioning that Katelyn's name was called over the PA system Friday night at the festival and that they think it was John's mom that was paging her ?

The theory over there is that they're close to finding her and didn't want the family members finding her body. Maybe that's why Tim's group was asked to suspend the search. I remember Tim saying on t.v. that he is in contact several times a day with the detectives.

I wish we knew if that was true or is it just rumour? I would think JC would've said something about it, right? If not, why?

Wow...some really interesting comments on that FB page.

Someone reporting that Katelyn's name was called over the PA system on Friday night and alluding to the fact that Katelyn had possibly won that 10,000 dollar raffle money.
and then someone said it was JC's mommy's voice calling her name
I am sorry I had to LOL over that

oh- the news thing said the famiily et al showed up but DID not search- so that 'relative' saying they aren't to search?? well they didn't apparently, so what is up with that

Sorry but if she sent the picture of the picture at 12:45, it makes no sense that she would've told her fiancé she was tired. When did she text JC to tell him she wanted to be there for the burning? Was it that same night?

I can see being too tired to get dressed and go to friends house but still not going right to bed...that part doesn't bother, but much else does.

I can see being too tired to get dressed and go to friends house but still not going right to bed...that part doesn't bother, but much else does.

My experience with art school (although I did not go to the same one) was that I was exhausted all the time. People think it's an easy degree, but it's so draining to be creative on demand. I never wanted to go any where or do anything. My BF would get upset because I never wanted to hang out with his friends. He thought I just didn't care enough to meet them/get to know them. Instead I just couldn't even deal with being "on" for other people. At most we would go out to eat or on the weekend to a movie. Something where I didn't have to think. But mostly I laid in bed or watched t.v. And I was only working one job at that point (although my commute was crazy.)

I would gladly send the BF off to hang with his friends if I just felt tired or wanted to relax, even now. "No, honey, I just want to stay in, but I know you need to go have fun..." Especially if they were going to be drinking (since we don't smoke pot) and I had something to do the next day.

We don't know when that was. If I do send out the BF to have fun with his friends, I usually text him while he's on his way over. Just a way to talk a little longer or make him feel less upset that I'm not there (or myself if I really wanted to, but was too tired.) If I had to get up the next day and even if I really wanted to go, but by going he would need to leave early, I would stay home. It's not like it was a once in a life time thing. He was hanging with his friends, which she would have thought she could do any time. Why not take a night to herself. I'm sure with all the moving/senior project/work stuff she could use it.

Well, JCs stepsister just posted on FB thanking everyone but saying she won't be back to the site and that NO family of JC nor JC is allowed on the searches anymore !!!!!~!

ETA: Oh and she's not allowed to communicate about the case anymore.

Wow!:crazy:

Wonder what that means.

I say either:

1. They got a lawyer and that is his advise
or
2. KM's family want them gone

:woohoo:

I was reading the comments on the statement analyses and the 2am/1252 last text comment struck me again. He said he got a text at 2am, but doesn't say it's from Katelyn. What if someone did help him cover it up and that last text was telling him Katelyn was disposed of (in "code" of course, like burn the papers) so he knew it was okay to go home and go to bed.

I was reading the comments on the statement analyses and the 2am/1252 last text comment struck me again. He said he got a text at 2am, but doesn't say it's from Katelyn. What if someone did help him cover it up and that last text was telling him Katelyn was disposed of (in "code" of course, like burn the papers) so he knew it was okay to go home and go to bed.

Ha! I was just reading the same thing! Interesting stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08