OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's hair. Hide, like your hide, and hair, like your hair. I'm not certain, though.

And, at the beginning of this, JC was quoted somewhere saying KM was close to her dad and her mom, but apparently she and her mom are actually quite estranged. I would like to think that she would still be involved in the search, but perhaps she isn't able to be for some reason.

Well I think it is strange what kind of mother doesn't care if her daughter is dead or alive?

And if she just can't for what ever reason she should get a spokesperson to at the very least thank the public for their concern, for their prayers, and especially the searchers, and those that put up a reward fund.
She must be some thing else :maddening:

Well I think it is strange what kind of mother doesn't care if her daughter is dead or alive?

And if she just can't for what ever reason she should get a spokesperson to at the very least thank the public for their concern, for their prayers, and especially the searchers, and those that put up a reward fund.
She must be some thing else :maddening:

No disrespect intended From what we have learned about KM's mother she had serious emotional problems. KM was said to be close to her mother but lived with her father or he lived with her, or both. lol

Without knowing the details of her mother's illness it might be unfair of us to judge her actions or inactions. I don't know that most people get a spokes person to represent them when a child is missing. KM didn't live with her mother. jmo

KM's father, sister, and other family members are there to represent the family and that's all that matters. moo

I think someone posted that KM made a final comment on her uncle's FB page Saturday evening. Is this true and what time was that final post?

It's been my understanding that her final. contact with anyone other than JC was with her uncle, around 7:45 pm Saturday evening.

Great evening! Just getting caught up and wondering if any more mention of site where decomposed smell was? Finding it odd it's mentioned and then no more mention again. Have a great night, All.

Just watched the local news. (JC changed his shirt)

I'm assuming this was a clip from today and Mr. Markham entered a room full of people followed by JC who handed a paper or maybe his I.D. or something to some folks sitting at a table. When he looked up and started to take a step forward, he spotted the news crew and brought his right hand up to his cheek and quickly looked away.....seems he's not so cheerful and eager to talk to the press these days.

thanks, steff,

I wonder if she was accessing FB with her phone or with a laptop.

I think someone posted that KM made a final comment on her uncle's FB page Saturday evening. Is this true and what time was that final post?

Not that I can see, unless his privacy has it hidden. What I have heard/read is that they talked on the phone.

Katelyn's friends are some REALLY good sleuths!! One posted this link:

http://www.wlwt.com/r-video/29067927/detail.html
and points out the fact that JC told NG that he took the Voice analyses 2 days after KM went missing. WELL he took the stress test on Monday, Aug 15th which is only one day after she reportedly went missing!

I guess JC knows something WE don't know??
Then of course, they go into the fact that NONE of the family is specifying whether he actually passed this test or not.

Katelyn's friends are some REALLY good sleuths!! One posted this link:

http://www.wlwt.com/r-video/29067927/detail.html
and points out the fact that JC told NG that he took the Voice analyses 2 days after KM went missing. WELL he took the stress test on Monday, Aug 15th which is only one day after she reportedly went missing!

I guess JC knows something WE don't know??
Then of course, they go into the fact that NONE of the family is specifying whether he actually passed this test or not.

I saw that too, but if he assumes, like we all do that she went missing on saturday...or he could have just counted sunday as day 1, monday day 2....

I saw that too, but if he assumes, like we all do that she went missing on saturday...or he could have just counted sunday as day 1, monday day 2....

No, because he was texting with her until the morning hours of Sunday. I dunno.. just thought it was yet one more "slip"

No, because he was texting with her until the morning hours of Sunday. I dunno.. just thought it was yet one more "slip"

Yeah I don't know...I usually consider anything before I go to bed to be the night before (no matter what time) because it's too complicated to dissect since I usually am up until at least 1 or 2, but that's just me...

I was reading that blog again, the one about the statements analysis, something caught my eye, another one of the Billie Dunn posts... it was said that TES won't work with liars (i.e. billie dunn or cindy anthony) I wonder if that's why TES refers to the dad, hugs the dad, deals with the dad, not JC.

I also always thought JC and his family got them up here (just because they have all been in the news) but now I guess it must have been the dad.

The Billie Dunn section is eerily similar to the people from JC's team.....any thoughts, if we can?

Yeah I don't know...I usually consider anything before I go to bed to be the night before (no matter what time) because it's too complicated to dissect since I usually am up until at least 1 or 2, but that's just me...

I was reading that blog again, the one about the statements analysis, something caught my eye, another one of the Billie Dunn posts... it was said that TES won't work with liars (i.e. billie dunn or cindy anthony) I wonder if that's why TES refers to the dad, hugs the dad, deals with the dad, not JC.

I also always thought JC and his family got them up here (just because they have all been in the news) but now I guess it must have been the dad.

The Billie Dunn section is eerily similar to the people from JC's team.....any thoughts, if we can?

Good Point!
I was thinking the same thing previously! I'm sure TM learned after dealing with Casey Anthony that if he wasn't going to get cooperation from the immediate family (those who saw her last in this case) it really can be a futile effort and he could spend his time more productively elsewhere!!
Perhaps the constant changing of JCs story or the fact that times and texts don't add up is leading TM to decide he will let LE sort things out first (or even the families) before he will attempt to try again.

On 8/29, the amazing A_News_Junkie posted two photographs from the 8/25 Nancy Grace show spotlighting the disappearance of Katelyn Markham.

Of the second photo, A_N_J said:

"I wonder if this is the pic of a pic [KM's last text to JC before she disappeared] that he showed reporters. Reason being you see the circle glare, like a photo taken of a screen."

Though this hasn't been confirmed, I believe both the "circle glare" and the fact that the photo was displayed immediately after Nancy Grace barked, "Liz, am I seeing the text message? Is that what was sent? Liz, that's a yes/no. OK. If we have the text message, let me see it" (transcript here) are compelling reasons to believe that A_N_J may very well be right about this being KM's last text (the infamous "picture of a picture").

Exhibit 1

Exhibit1.jpg

KM's final ("picture of a picture") text?

Assuming this photo was indeed KM's final text, I sat down and looked over it very carefully by zooming in on my iPhone. My idea was that because of the "circle glare" noted by A_N_J, maybe I would be able to catch a reflection in the glossy surface of the hard copy photo that was photographed. And I did:

Exhibit 2

Ex2.jpg

The flash/"circle glare" in the lower left hand corner very clearly illuminates the upper left hand corner of the cell phone being used to photograph the photograph of Katelyn. (Important: I was later surprised and disappointed to find that this same image, when blown up on my laptop -- Exhibit 2 -- fails to display my discovery with the same crystal clarity as my iPhone. Please don't be discouraged if you're unable to spot the reflection of the cell phone here; instead, I ask you to view the photo on your mobile phone, preferably an iPhone since I am certain you'll see what I'm seeing. Everyone else, please bear with me, and trust me: the reflection of the photographer's phone is there.)

Next, I set out to attempt to pin down a clear visual representation of KM's cell phone in order to confirm that it is indeed KM's cell phone reflected in the hard copy of the "final text" photo. Using image search engines, unconfirmed reports, and the only known photo of KM with her cell --

Exhibits 3 & 4

Exhibit3.jpg
Ex4.jpg

-- I was able identify what I believe is most likely KM's cell: a red BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220:

Exhibit 5

Exhibit5.jpg

Red BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220, back view.

Exhibit 6

Exhibit6.jpg

Red BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220, front view.

Exhibit 7

Exhibit7.jpg

Red BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220, side view.

I had a friend look at Exhibit 2 on my iPhone, and she agreed that a) the upper left corner of the cell phone that was used to take the photograph of KM is clearly reflected in the glossy surface of the hard copy (as stated above), and b) the cell phone reflected in the hard copy of the photograph is a "candy bar" (non-flip, non-slider) phone.

Of course, many people (and thus possible responsible parties for KM's disappearance) own candy bar phones, but it is worth mentioning here that JC uses a Cricket (candy bar) cell phone, which I was able to easily determine by pulling the following screen caps from video interviews/news segments (links included):

Exhibit 8

Ex8.jpg

JC's Cricket, front view. (http://www.wlwt.com/news/28919291/detail.html)

Exhibit 9

Ex9.jpg

JC's Cricket, back view. Note the camera lens at the top of the back, next to JC's finger. (http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/region...rfield/detectives-search-missing-woman's-home)

Furthermore, looking again at the "picture of a picture," we were able to easily determine that the flash originates from the top of the candy bar phone used to take this photograph. Upon further inspection of the Red BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220 model likely owned by KM, we found that the flash on this phone originates from the middle/bottom of the upper half, as shown below:

Exhibit 10

Ex10.gif

Important Note: With most flip phones, it is possible to take a photograph with the phone shut; many flip phones offer a small preview on the front phone display. If KM took the picture of her picture with her phone closed, it would place the camera lens/flash at the top of the phone (as seen in the reflection in the glossy hard copy). However, this feature is normally used only for self-portraits. When photographing an object, there is no logical reason a person (especially an artist, who will naturally care a great deal about the quality of the photos she takes) would keep her flip phone shut, thus eliminating a preview of the photo that is about to be taken. A flip-phone owner would simply flip her phone open and enjoy a preview of her photo-to-be-taken on the larger inner display screen, which again places the camera lens/flash on KM's BlackBerry phone at the middle/bottom of the upper half.

Please take a close look at Exhibit 2 and let me know what you think.

(All above content MOO.)

On 8/29, the amazing A_News_Junkie posted two photographs from the 8/25 Nancy Grace show spotlighting the disappearance of Katelyn Markham.

Of the second photo, A_N_J said:

"I wonder if this is the pic of a pic [KM's last text to JC before she disappeared] that he showed reporters. Reason being you see the circle glare, like a photo taken of a screen."

Though this hasn't been confirmed, I believe both the "circle glare" and the fact that the photo was displayed immediately after Nancy Grace barked, "Liz, am I seeing the text message? Is that what was sent? Liz, that's a yes/no. OK. If we have the text message, let me see it" (transcript here) are compelling reasons to believe that A_N_J may very well be right about this being KM's last text (the infamous "picture of a picture").

Exhibit 1

Exhibit1.jpg

KM's final ("picture of a picture") text?

Assuming this photo was indeed KM's final text, I sat down and looked over it very carefully by zooming in on my iPhone. My idea was that because of the "circle glare" noted by A_N_J, maybe I would be able to catch a reflection in the glossy surface of the hard copy photo that was photographed. And I did:

Exhibit 2

Ex2.jpg

The flash/"circle glare" in the lower left hand corner very clearly illuminates the upper left hand corner of the cell phone being used to photograph the photograph of Katelyn. (Important: I was later surprised and disappointed to find that this same image, when blown up on my laptop -- Exhibit 2 -- fails to display my discovery with the same crystal clarity as my iPhone. Please don't be discouraged if you're unable to spot the reflection of the cell phone here; instead, I ask you to view the photo on your mobile phone, preferably an iPhone since I am certain you'll see what I'm seeing. Everyone else, please bear with me, and trust me: the reflection of the photographer's phone is there.)

Next, I set out to attempt to pin down a clear visual representation of KM's cell phone in order to confirm that it is indeed KM's cell phone reflected in the hard copy of the "final text" photo. Using image search engines, unconfirmed reports, and the only known photo of KM with her cell --

Exhibits 3 & 4

Exhibit3.jpg
Ex4.jpg

-- I was able identify what I believe is most likely KM's cell: a red BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220:

Exhibit 5

Exhibit5.jpg

Red BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220, back view.

Exhibit 6

Exhibit6.jpg

Red BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220, front view.

Exhibit 7

Exhibit7.jpg

Red BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220, side view.

I had a friend look at Exhibit 2 on my iPhone, and she agreed that a) the upper left corner of the cell phone that was used to take the photograph of KM is clearly reflected in the glossy surface of the hard copy (as stated above), and b) the cell phone reflected in the hard copy of the photograph is a "candy bar" (non-flip, non-slider) phone.

Of course, many people (and thus possible responsible parties for KM's disappearance) own candy bar phones, but it is worth mentioning here that JC uses a Cricket (candy bar) cell phone, which I was able to easily determine by pulling the following screen caps from video interviews/news segments (links included):

Exhibit 8

Ex8.jpg

JC's Cricket, front view. (http://www.wlwt.com/news/28919291/detail.html)

Exhibit 9

Ex9.jpg

JC's Cricket, back view. Note the camera lens at the top of the back, next to JC's finger. (http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/region...rfield/detectives-search-missing-woman's-home)

Furthermore, looking again at the "picture of a picture," we were able to easily determine that the flash originates from the top of the candy bar phone used to take this photograph. Upon further inspection of the Red BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220 model likely owned by KM, we found that the flash on this phone originates from the middle/bottom of the upper half, as shown below:

Exhibit 10

Ex10.gif

Important Note: With most flip phones, it is possible to take a photograph with the phone shut; many flip phones offer a small preview on the front phone display. If KM took the picture of her picture with her phone closed, it would place the camera lens/flash at the top of the phone (as seen in the reflection in the glossy hard copy). However, this feature is normally used only for self-portraits. When photographing an object, there is no logical reason a person (especially an artist, who will naturally care a great deal about the quality of the photos she takes) would keep her flip phone shut, thus eliminating a preview of the photo that is about to be taken. A flip-phone owner would simply flip her phone open and enjoy a preview of her photo-to-be-taken on the larger inner display screen, which again places the camera lens/flash on KM's BlackBerry phone at the middle/bottom of the upper half.

Please take a close look at Exhibit 2 and let me know what you think.

(All above content MOO.)

It would be interesting to test this on the same type of phones and see what the results are. It does make sense though. Good sleuthing!

Dime Detective!!!!!
I SO want to see what you're seeing!!!
I tried it on my Iphone 3G (your pic above) and can see nothing!
I totally trust you and I want it to be true!!!

The flash/"circle glare" in the lower left hand corner very clearly illuminates the upper left hand corner of the cell phone being used to photograph the photograph of Katelyn.

DimeDetective, this absolutely fascinating!

I have a friend here with me who is a bit techy and whatnot (though it wouldn't be hard to be techier than me), so I had him look at the pics. He questioned whether 1) JC's phone has a flash at all, and 2) whether JC's phone would reflect light in manner shown in the pic, since it seems to have a "skin" on it made of rubber, instead of a smooth glossy finish.

Then, it occurred to me that even if JC did take this infamous "last text" photo with his own phone, he'd still have to send it from her phone to his. Otherwise the phone records wouldn't match his statements.

If he was trying to make it look like she sent him the photo, and her phone was in his possession under his control, why wouldn't he just use hers to take the photo? If he took the photo with his own phone, he'd have to first get it onto her phone by whatever means, then text it to himself from hers. And I can't think why he would do that.

I have a friend here with me who is a bit techy and whatnot (though it wouldn't be hard to be techier than me), so I had him look at the pics. He questioned whether 1) JC's phone has a flash at all, and 2) whether JC's phone would reflect light in manner shown in the pic, since it seems to have a "skin" on it made of rubber, instead of a smooth glossy finish.

Then, it occurred to me that even if JC did take this infamous "last text" photo with his own phone, he'd still have to send it from her phone to his. Otherwise the phone records wouldn't match his statements.

If he was trying to make it look like she sent him the photo, and her phone was in his possession under his control, why wouldn't he just use hers to take the photo? If he took the photo with his own phone, he'd have to first get it onto her phone by whatever means, then text it to himself from hers. And I can't think why he would do that.

OMG... yes, this is so true. Sigh... Oh well. I doubt he would take it with his phone then. Would be too hard to prove, so maybe A) This wasn't the pic or B) It wasn't his phone :(

Also, if JC isn't the perp then it would have to come from her phone so he would know it was from her phone...if it came from anyone else (or a random number) then this would all be over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid