OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still trying to think outside the box here. It has been observed that the boyfriends statement may contain leakage of information that are unconcious truths among lies (as some claim). I am not in the group that assumes he is 100% guilty, but i think he is not truthful about everything. In his 911 can he mentions 'questionable people' at the fair. Its also been reported KM and he ate mushrooms that night. Where did they get them? Could it have been from some questionable people at the fair? Maybe they were followed home (only a block or so) and someone staked them out and made a move as soon as she was alone. Maybe he invited someone to deliver something there and they came back. I do think there is some truth to the boyfriends reference to the people at the fair somehow.

Still trying to think outside the box here. It has been observed that the boyfriends statement may contain leakage of information that are unconcious truths among lies (as some claim). I am not in the group that assumes he is 100% guilty, but i think he is not truthful about everything. In his 911 can he mentions 'questionable people' at the fair. Its also been reported KM and he ate mushrooms that night. Where did they get them? Could it have been from some questionable people at the fair? Maybe they were followed home (only a block or so) and someone staked them out and made a move as soon as she was alone. Maybe he invited someone to deliver something there and they came back. I do think there is some truth to the boyfriends reference to the people at the fair somehow.

Or to Deflect accusations, he mentions questionable people at the fair, to take the heat off himself.

Its also been reported KM and he ate mushrooms that night. Where did they get them? Could it have been from some questionable people at the fair? Maybe they were followed home (only a block or so) and someone staked them out and made a move as soon as she was alone.
Many people assume because he mentions the festival in his 911 call that they went there the night of her disappearance, but they didn't. They went to the festival on Friday night, and she disappeared sometime that Saturday night / Sunday morning.

This connection intrigues me. Could the person behind this be a trucker?

"Markham's remains were discovered one week ago along a creek near Cedar Grove, Indiana. Markham had been missing since August of 2011, where she was last seen by her fiance at their Fairfield home.

"In Indiana, maybe 75 miles away at Bloomington, Laura Spierer disappeared from the planet on June 3rd, 2011," explains Krumbein.

Spierer's disappearance preceded the disappearance of Markham by only two months. Spierer's body has never been found. In December of 1997, 23-year-old Laney Gwinner vanished from a Fairfield bowling alley. Months later, her body was found in the Ohio River.

"White females that disappeared with no explanation and two out of the three were found dead," said Krumbein. "I think this could be the act of a serial killer."

http://www.fox19.com/story/21975966/attorney-katelyn-markham-was-murdered-by-serial-killer

I don't see where he gives any evidence that these three cases are connected in any manner. Just that they are all white females who were missing at some point is not sufficient to suggest a serial killer connection to me. Why just these three? It's not like many other white females have not gone missing since 1997.

Attorney Mark Krumbein has years of experience defending murderers, kidnappers and even one man suspected of being a serial killer.

Wonder if he's accustomed to making up serial killer stories for the defense.

Many people assume because he mentions the festival in his 911 call that they went there the night of her disappearance, but they didn't. They went to the festival on Friday night, and she disappeared sometime that Saturday night / Sunday morning.

That is true. My point was that for him to mention that it suggests he or they had some kind of interaction/altercation there. I dont see him trying to establish an alibi based on that during the 911 call. I think something happened there that scared him to think someone knew where she lived or something (assuming he didnt do it, which i am trying to do). I think many people look at this case with blinders (especially on the fb pages) and assume he did it when anything could have happened really. There are enough random crimes, murder, rapes and abductions in that area that no possibility should be discounted. If he hasnt been arrested in the past year there must be a reason.

That is true. My point was that for him to mention that it suggests he or they had some kind of interaction/altercation there.
I understand. The radio hosts who talked to Carter 4 days after Katelyn vanished addressed that point with him. When questioned, he didn't seem to have anything specific in mind as regards the festival-goers, just a general sense that the festival brought a lot of people to the area, and at the end of the segment he seemed to be leaning towards the idea that someone had been watching Katelyn for a long time, not just for a few hours one night.

From the Scott Sloan & Tracy Jones radio show, 700 WLW AM Cincinnati, interviewing John Carter on August 18, 2011:

SS: We'll play the 911 call here in a little bit here, you had mentioned that I think the Sacred Heart festival's going on up the street, and you seemed to indicate to the dispatcher that maybe something was go- I mean, had she planned to go to that festival, or - ?

JC: No, she wasn't planning on going. I mean, she was pretty much exhausted every night. We had actually went Friday, and she didn't even really want to go Friday, but I, uh, I just was like, "Let's just go ahead and go, because it's not going to be every day that we have this festival"... and we used, we went every year, I mean since we first started dating we've gone every year. And I don't know, I just kinda... the only reason why I brought it up when I called the police was because, I mean, there's so many different kinds of people there, it's not just you know, Catholics and things like that, it's all walks of life that go to that festival.

SS: Well, if you're from Cincinnati, you know you go to church festivals, even if you're not Catholic - it's just what people, what Cincinnatians do in the summer... and yeah, I think that's probably true to a degree... you just, when you have a large group of people, you certainly - you know, it draws a mixed crowd.

JC: Yeah. It's gotta be one out of however many people is a bad person, you know?

TJ: John, you think something happened with that festival, huh. That maybe someone saw her at the festival?

JC: Honestly, at the time I did, but maybe it had nothing to do with it. Maybe this person had been monitor-... or, or, you know - if - if she was taken, maybe this person had been watching for a long time. I mean, they had to have known that she was going to be home alone, they had to have known, um, you know, when she was going to be home alone, and when I was going to leave, or, or what have you.

Regarding no arrest during the past year and more, they only found her body 5 weeks ago. While no-body cases do happen, they are rare. Her remains are still being forensically examined right now. They were first examined in Cincinnati then moved to Indianapolis for further testing, and last we heard, they are still there.

:bump:
Hoping Katelyn will get some justice soon....
Whoever did this will continue to hurt women. He needs to be caught.

I understand. The radio hosts who talked to Carter 4 days after Katelyn vanished addressed that point with him. When questioned, he didn't seem to have anything specific in mind as regards the festival-goers, just a general sense that the festival brought a lot of people to the area, and at the end of the segment he seemed to be leaning towards the idea that someone had been watching Katelyn for a long time, not just for a few hours one night.

From the Scott Sloan & Tracy Jones radio show, 700 WLW AM Cincinnati, interviewing John Carter on August 18, 2011:

SS: We'll play the 911 call here in a little bit here, you had mentioned that I think the Sacred Heart festival's going on up the street, and you seemed to indicate to the dispatcher that maybe something was go- I mean, had she planned to go to that festival, or - ?

JC: No, she wasn't planning on going. I mean, she was pretty much exhausted every night. We had actually went Friday, and she didn't even really want to go Friday, but I, uh, I just was like, "Let's just go ahead and go, because it's not going to be every day that we have this festival"... and we used, we went every year, I mean since we first started dating we've gone every year. And I don't know, I just kinda... the only reason why I brought it up when I called the police was because, I mean, there's so many different kinds of people there, it's not just you know, Catholics and things like that, it's all walks of life that go to that festival.

SS: Well, if you're from Cincinnati, you know you go to church festivals, even if you're not Catholic - it's just what people, what Cincinnatians do in the summer... and yeah, I think that's probably true to a degree... you just, when you have a large group of people, you certainly - you know, it draws a mixed crowd.

JC: Yeah. It's gotta be one out of however many people is a bad person, you know?

TJ: John, you think something happened with that festival, huh. That maybe someone saw her at the festival?

JC: Honestly, at the time I did, but maybe it had nothing to do with it. Maybe this person had been monitor-... or, or, you know - if - if she was taken, maybe this person had been watching for a long time. I mean, they had to have known that she was going to be home alone, they had to have known, um, you know, when she was going to be home alone, and when I was going to leave, or, or what have you.

Regarding no arrest during the past year and more, they only found her body 5 weeks ago. While no-body cases do happen, they are rare. Her remains are still being forensically examined right now. They were first examined in Cincinnati then moved to Indianapolis for further testing, and last we heard, they are still there.

BBM: Usually when someone says they are "monitoring" a person's behavior, it is about someone that person knows, a kid, a spouse, a co-worker, etc. It is interesting that he chose that word and then abruptly cut himself off while saying it and changed it to "watching."

A memorial cross was erected at the site where Katelyn was found.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/...emorial-honors-Katelyn-Markham?nclick_check=1

The inscription doesn't mention "fiancee". Is that strange? Is that telling?

bilde

Note the inscription has her date of death as August 13 (Saturday) although up to 45 min after midnight, thus Sunday the 14th, she was supposedly texting her boyfriend after he left her place.

Not to put any words in anyone's mouth, but it sounds like whoever erected the cross (her dad I believe) doubted she was alive during that "exchange" on the 14th.

Still waiting for justice, lovely girl.. we have not forgotten you, nor will we.

Justice for Katelyn SOON!! I really hope the authorities are just building a strong prosecution and that's what's taking so long....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid