GUILTY OH - Kayla Sotherland, 20 & Ryan Fuller, 21, Columbus, 27 Oct 2018 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
According to the court documents, John Jordan and Fuller had an argument that got out of hand and Jordan hit Fuller with an object. When Sotherland tried to intervene she was struck and killed, too.

The documents say Jordan moved the bodies from the location of the altercation. A call was made to the police radio room a little before noon Sunday stating two bodies were in a van on South Harris Avenue.

Jordan was previously sentenced to seven years in prison for felonious assault in 2002. Charges of kidnapping, and abduction were dropped in that case. Jordan also had misdemeanor charges for assault in 1996 and 1997.

Man charged with murder of missing Columbus couple

According to the court documents, John Jordan and Fuller had an argument that got out of hand and Jordan hit Fuller with an object. When Sotherland tried to intervene she was struck and killed, too.

The documents say Jordan moved the bodies from the location of the altercation. A call was made to the police radio room a little before noon Sunday stating two bodies were in a van on South Harris Avenue.

Jordan was previously sentenced to seven years in prison for felonious assault in 2002. Charges of kidnapping, and abduction were dropped in that case. Jordan also had misdemeanor charges for assault in 1996 and 1997.

Man charged with murder of missing Columbus couple

If I’m understanding this right, John Jordan left the two bodies in his locked minivan parked on the street near where he lived, apparently making no attempt to hide them. Did he want to be caught and put away for these murders? Is he the person who submitted a tip to police on where to find the bodies? If not, who did? What a mess and a tragedy. Just a train wreck of a situation for these families.

Mother: "I was staring my son's murderer in the face and didn't know"

PUBLISHED: 11/06/18 12:24 AM EST UPDATED: 11/06/18 01:44 AM EST

COLUMBUS -- A mother talked to the man accused of killing her son and his girlfriend every day for a week, not knowing their bodies were inside his van.

-cut-

Angie says the last person she saw Ryan talking to was her neighbor, John.
She left to run an errand and says both Ryan and Kayla were in the front yard of her home. When she returned, they were gone.

Angie says every day John asked her for an update: "Have you heard anything?"

-cut-

John has a history of violence: two misdemeanor assault charges in the 90s and a felonious assault charge in 2002 for hitting his son's girlfriend in the head with a hammer. He spent seven years in prison.

-cut-

Mother: "I was staring my son's murderer in the face and didn't know"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puddy