OH OH - Kurt Sova, 17, vanished from a party, body found in ravine, 23 Oct 1981 *fresh initiative*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My info came from the thread, what I could find online. The forensic references are also from easily searched info online. Glad you are taking a look. This case needs more eyes on it.

Amateur opinion and speculation
As you all say, this seems to be one of those cases where some people know what happened. They need to come forward.

As you all say, this seems to be one of those cases where some people know what happened. They need to come forward.
They are likely too scared. This case is very dark and ominous. I get the creeps just thinking about it, and that’s rare for me.
Dark stuff.

They are likely too scared. This case is very dark and ominous. I get the creeps just thinking about it, and that’s rare for me.
Dark stuff.

It's been a long time, though. Chances are, any person they might fear from those days is either deceased or too far advanced in age to be a threat.

May 21 2022 rbbm.
by: Peggy Gallek
Investigators seeking answers in 1981 mysterious death case
''Police say Dorothy devoted years of time looking into her son’s death, leaving detectives pages and pages of details notes about what she found.

About three years ago, her notebook was taken out of the evidence box and read by a criminal justice professor and a dozen students at Tiffin University who analyzed evidence in the case.

Newburgh Heights Police Chief John Majoy says those notes are a huge help to investigators who are still trying to crack the case and determine if Sova met with foul play before his death.

“We traveled three states away for polygraphs,” Majoy said. “We traveled hundreds of miles and put in thousands of hours of work on this case, which had not been done up until now.”

In the past three years, Newburgh Heights police have interviewed several of the witnesses, but they say they are still not sure exactly how the teenager died.

It is great there are new initiatives to finally solve this. BUT....they are still using polygraphs to clear suspects in 2022? wow !!!

rbbm,
By Sara Goldenberg Feb. 27, 2020
“Focus on the language itself. Because people's words will betray them,” said retired Supervisory Deputy US Marshal Mark McClish.''

“People will always word their statement based on all their knowledge. Which means their statement may contain information which they did not intend to share,” he said.

McClish said the most common form of lying is by omission.

He focuses on words more than body language.

19 Investigates asked him how statements from Kurt's case hold up today.

''Would a polygraph from the 1980s still be as accurate as it would be today?” Investigative Reporter Sara Goldenberg asked.

“A good test done then should hold its water today, however you would need to look at the charts, the results. You would need to look at the way the exam was conducted,” Cherry replied.''

Cherry believes the polygraph can play a role in Kurt Sova's case moving forward.
''

Did they ever find Craig Franco's killer? I have been looking but can't seem to find anything on this.
Craig H. Franko is the only Franco (*diff. spelling) that I could find info about from that area.
A 20-year-old by that name was shot and killed during a robbery at a filling station in '81; a woman confessed in '86 while in prison for stabbing her husband to death.

1000017384.jpg

1000017386.jpg

1000017385.jpg

Attachments

• 1000017385.jpg
    1000017385.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 1
Craig H. Franko is the only Franco (*diff. spelling) that I could find info about from that area.
A 20-year-old by that name was shot and killed during a robbery at a filling station in '81; a woman confessed in '86 while in prison for stabbing her husband to death.

View attachment 531734

View attachment 531733

View attachment 531740

Judge Ann Dyke presided over the woman killer's arraignment. Haven't thought of Judge Dyke in years, knew her well. She's retired now.

Reading Carmen Marino's name reminded me of the Lisa Pruett murder in Shaker Heights, still unsolved. We should start a thread for her here at WS.

Judge Ann Dyke presided over the woman killer's arraignment. Haven't thought of Judge Dyke in years, knew her well. She's retired now.

Reading Carmen Marino's name reminded me of the Lisa Pruett murder in Shaker Heights, still unsolved. We should start a thread for her here at WS.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState
Back