GUILTY OH - Lawrence King, 4, beaten to death, Canal Winchester, 18 March 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ohio mom charged in death of 4-year-old

Nikki Reeves, 23, of 6443 Mount Badon on the East Side, told detectives she couldn’t stop John Reeves, 29, from abusing her son on St. Patrick’s Day. In a statement to detectives revealed today, Mrs. Reeves said she instead went to her bedroom “while the beating was happening, turning up the music so it would not wake the smaller children” in the home.

Seems to me that the smaller kids waking up would be the smallest of your problems if your other child was just being beaten to death.

I'm going to take a guess here that if this poor baby was disabled, then he was getting disability payments. Mommy and step-daddy wanted to get that check every month!!!
I hope these 2 's never have a free day again for the rest of their lives. If they do they'll be busy having more babies they can beat to death. I hate them I absolutely just hate them.
That baby was just fine living with his grandmother but you wouldn't be satisfied until you could snuff the life out of him.

VB

One Million Dollar Bond Set For Woman Charged In Connection With Death Of Four-Year-Old Son

Published: March 20, 2010
Updated: March 20, 2010

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Nikkie Reeves, the mother of Lawrence King the third, was charged with Child Endangering today.

Her husband has already been charged with murder.

It is alleged that John Reeves beat the boy to death inside their far east side apartment with a belt and threw him around a room.

He was being disciplined for disrespect.

Meanwhile, other family members of the boy are blaming Children Services and a court system for allowing the boy to go back into the home. The boy’s grandmother, Lori Jones, says she thought about trying to hide the boy when he was ordered back into the apartment with the stepfather.

She says she feared this would happen.

In court this week, it came out that the boy had been beaten on previous occasions.

http://www2.nbc4i.com/cmh/news/loca..._charged_in_connection_with_death_of_f/33763/

In the video, stepdad looks as tho he couldn't care less & the momster looks like she's only sorry for herself. :mad:

Just a little bit more information from this article. First that the trauma doctor was visibly upset over the condition of poor little Lawrence. Second, I hadn't realized how long it was until the parents called the police - it was four hours.

Bond set for mother in child endangerment case
Stepfather charged with murder, held without bond
Saturday, March 20, 2010 11:31 AM

snip

"You have a lot of detecting to do for this little guy," a trauma doctor, described by police as "visibly upset," told homicide detectives.

snip

Police said the couple didn't call for help until more than four hours later, first trying to revive the boy in cold water.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2010/03/20/nikkie21-web.html?sid=101

I just do not even know what to say anymore. :furious:

RIP, little Lawerence.

You and me both! If anyone tried to hurt my son like that, I'd be on their back in a heartbeat (with a knife in hand). I always say that as a parent it is our obligation to break no spirit.

Me and my tween have had our differences, and yes, he has been disrespectful to me. My solution is to take away the X-box, or time on-line, or even time with friends.

A 4 year old doesn't even know what the word disrespect means! How can someone possibly do this. It's mind-boggling.

I hope the perp gets his beating when he goes to jail. Inmates don't go easy on child killers. I hope the mom gets a good long sentence too, and the children are placed in a loving home.

Rest in peace little one.

Mel

the guy should get the dp and the woman should get a cell with about 30 mothers who arent in there for abusing there kids.

Oh dear God.

I hope they both rot in prison for the rest of their miserable lives.

I hope the surviving children are able to remain together and are placed in a loving stable home and never ever have to look into the eyes of their mother.

I have came back to this thread, left and came back numerous times because I literally wanted to throw up after reading it.
I never could allow this to happen, never, I would die for my children period and I am having such a hard time grasping this train of thought....

I have been in some horrible abusive relationships in my past and I know the thought process that come with that after you have been abused for so long .... I never had a child in the mist of it all ( thank god) but I know he would have had to kill me before laying a hand on my child in such a way, if he got that far before I did him in.
I could never walk away from a child knowing what was going to occur...Pick up the phone call 911 and find your baseball bat or what ever would work for you, but never, NEVER walk away.

I am so sorry Lawrence, may you rest in peace .....

I have came back to this thread, left and came back numerous times because I literally wanted to throw up after reading it.
I never could allow this to happen, never, I would die for my children period and I am having such a hard time grasping this train of thought....

I have been in some horrible abusive relationships in my past and I know the thought process that come with that after you have been abused for so long .... I never had a child in the mist of it all ( thank god) but I know he would have had to kill me before laying a hand on my child in such a way, if he got that far before I did him in.
I could never walk away from a child knowing what was going to occur...Pick up the phone call 911 and find your baseball bat or what ever would work for you, but never, NEVER walk away.

I am so sorry Lawrence, may you rest in peace .....

Having been in an abusive relationship at one time I know the thought processes too however there is absolutely no excuse in my book for allowing the abuser to hurt a child. The first and only time my abuser hurt my son he was out the door to jail. No way in he$$ could I have stood by and let it happen without doing anything. I knew in my heart that if he hurt him once then he would do it again.....I just made sure he never got that second chance.

Numb is the only thing I can think of, this made me feel numb.:furious:

There was nothing she could do? Was there no phone?

If someone was doing something like this to my baby, he'd lose an eye, and likely a nut.

Sometimes, the word shakes one's faith in the definition of the word "mother."

Ohio mom charged in death of 4-year-old

Nikki Reeves, 23, of 6443 Mount Badon on the East Side, told detectives she couldn’t stop John Reeves, 29, from abusing her son on St. Patrick’s Day. In a statement to detectives revealed today, Mrs. Reeves said she instead went to her bedroom “while the beating was happening, turning up the music so it would not wake the smaller children” in the home.

When it was over, the couple tried to place the 35-pound, mentally handicapped boy into a bathtub of cold water in an attempt to revive him, according to the report. He was lifeless and unresponsive by the time medics were called at 12:10 a.m. yesterday.

“Nikki stated this was not the first beating this week, and several others had occurred since Lawrence’s return to them on Feb. 26,” detectives wrote.

http://www.norwalkreflector.com/articles/2010/03/19/front/doc4ba44be33f153006950889.txt
She couldn't stop him? I have a shotgun and a fierce love for my kids that says otherwise.

Mother, Stepfather Indicted On New Charges After 4-Year-Old’s Death

By Donna Willis | Multimedia Content Producer
Published: March 26, 2010

COLUMBUS, Ohio—A stepfather and mother face additional charges in the death of a 4-year-old boy who suffered from developmental disabilities.

NBC 4 reported new information from Franklin County Prosecutor Ron O’Brien.

A Franklin County Grand Jury Friday indicted 29-year-old John J. Reeves and 23-year-old Nikkie Reeves in connection with the death of 4-year-old Lawrence King III.

John was indicted on five counts, including aggravated murder (first-degree felony), felonious assault (second-degree felony), murder (first-degree felony) and two counts of endangering children (second-degree felonies).

Nikkie was indicted on five counts, including murder (first-degree felony), felonious assault (first-degree felony), two counts of endangering children (second-degree felonies) and permitting child abuse (first-degree felony).

John originally was charged with aggravated murder and child endangering in connection with Lawrence’s death.

Nikkie originally was arrested and charged with child endangering in connection with Lawrence’s death.

more here

http://www2.nbc4i.com/cmh/news/crim...on_new_charges_after_4-year-olds_death/34070/

awesome mom gets the same murder charge for a change

This case hasn't been updated... so here's the update.

OCTOBER 2010

A stepfather is sentenced Friday after he pleads guilty to an aggravated murder charge
in the death of his 4-year-old stepson who suffered from developmental disabilities.

John was sentenced to life in prison in Judge Lynch's Franklin County common pleas courtroom.

He likely will be eligible for parole in 20 years.

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2010/oct/01/5/stepfather-gets-life-jail-boys-fatal-beating-ar-246366/

A Columbus mother is found guilty and sentenced Wednesday after her 4-year-old son, who suffered from developmental disabilities, died at the hands of her husband in March.

Nikkie Reeves, 23, was found guilty on one count of involuntary manslaughter and one count of endangering children in connection with the murder of her son, Lawrence King III, 4.

Nikkie was sentenced to 15 years in prison in Judge Lynch's Franklin County common pleas courtroom.

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2010/oct...me-after-son-4-murdered-her-husban-ar-259944/

I cannot understand, never will, a grown man hitting a four year old with his fists, hitting the kid in the head. This poor little child. His picture is so cute. He loved his grandma and she loved him. His mother and step father look like low life scum. How can people be so cruel? How can our government programs not see that biology doesn't mean anything when it comes to who will LOVE and care for a child? Bio parents are sometimes the greatest threat to these babies. Step parents are sometimes even more so.

This story is so sad. So sad. I can only hope these baby killers never sleep another restful night again and never procreate or live in society. May they just rot and die in prison.

RIP little Lawrence.

When will child protective services realize that developmentally disabled children are at a much higher risk of abuse and much less able to defend themselves or ask for help.

This makes me sick that these two will ever be out of jail. What good is a life sentence? I am ashamed of Ohio, these two should never see the light of day again!
There never should have been a plea agreement at all.
Why does the justice system place so little importance on the life of a child?
I don't understand.

I dont understand how the mother only got 15 years. She turned her back and let this monster kill her baby. She should be doing life too. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back