Found Deceased OH - Lindsey Schobelock, 28, car found in Huntington Twp, Chillicothe, 23 Feb 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

The family of a missing Chillicothe woman whose remains were found this week believes they know what happened to their daughter.

Lindsey started to change in January, according to Suellen and Lindsey's father, Jon.

Her parents believe their daughter stopped taking her medication.

"She had told me it's inevitable and I said 'what's inevitable?' and she wouldn't tell me. She said 'you'll find out,'" Jon said.

In February, detectives said Lindsey took a call at work where she was a tattoo artist at the Iron Pen, then disappeared.

The context of that call remains a mystery.

….

Jon said detectives told him there was no trauma to her body and there was no sign of anyone else with her.

When detectives found her remains, her parents said they were surprised she was found just a mile from where her car was found.

….

"She left a note for her best friend and a house key, and I don't know all the words, but ended with, 'I'll be fine and so will you.' She left a note for her boys, packed two backpacks and she found a place to be alone."

Lindsey started to change in January, according to Suellen and Lindsey's father, Joe.

"She believed everyone was against her. She was very delusional and paranoid and if you've ever dealt with people like that and tell them 'no it's not like that. We love you,' well they pull away, " Joe said.

"She had told me it's inevitable and I said 'what's inevitable?' and she wouldn't tell me. She said 'you'll find out,'" Joe said.

More at 'All we did was love her': Family of missing Chillicothe woman talks about daughter's disappearance

This is sad.
Sad indeed. It seems her dad & stepnom knew she was having major issues with her mental health, but since she was an adult, they had to simply be bystanders vs active participants in (forcing) her care.

Very sad indeed. Seems they cared for her but their hands were tied. What an awful feeling that must be.

'All we did was love her': Family of missing Chillicothe woman talks about daughter's disappearance

[...]
Lindsey started to change in January, according to Suellen and Lindsey's father, Jon.

"She believed everyone was against her. She was very delusional and paranoid and if you've ever dealt with somebody like that and the more you try to tell them 'no, really it's not like that. We love you,' well they pull away, " Jon said.

"She had told me it's inevitable and I said 'what's inevitable?' and she wouldn't tell me. She said 'you'll find out,'" Jon said.
[...]

[...]
In February, detectives said Lindsey took a call at work where she was a tattoo artist at the Iron Pen, then disappeared.

The context of that call remains a mystery.

"That phone call was just so pivotal. That took her from I'm doing my job to 'ope, time to go,'" Suellen said.
[...]

[...]
Jon said before she disappeared, she made sure people knew it was voluntary.

"She left a note for her best friend and a house key, and I don't know all the words, but ended with, 'I'll be fine and so will you.' She left a note for her boys, packed two backpacks and she found a place to be alone."

Jon said despite drones, and a 60-person search team, Lindsey remained hidden possibly in a shallow cave.

"Everything points to hypothermia. She had never been a camper. She had no gear," he said.

Jon said detectives told him there was no trauma to her body and there was no sign of anyone else with her.
[...]

Based on MSM reports, Lindsey's MH issues appear to be more significant than originally reported. Also, based on what we're seeing now, her disappearance apparently was voluntary.

A very sad and unfortunate situation without question.

The Ross County Sheriff's Office released an investigative timeline regarding the disappearance of Lindsey Schobelock.

February 24​

The Ross County Sheriff’s Office (RCSO) was called to Windy Ridge Road about an abandoned vehicle in the driveway. Deputies arrive and identify the car as belonging to Schobelock.

A phone ping was conducted on Schobelock’s cell phone, which places the phone in the area of her residence. Deputies contacted Schobelock’s family. Her family makes entry and allows Deputies inside.

Schobelock’s cell phone and note are located inside.

SAR responded to Windy Ridge Road and begin searching.

February 25​

SAR spend 12 hours searching the Windy Ridge Road area.

Detectives serve a subpoena for Schobelock’s bank info. They received a photo of Schobelock alone in her vehicle at 5:20 p.m. on Feb. 23 at the ATM.

February 26​

Detectives search Schobelock’s residence and collect a journal.

March 1​

RCSO receive a call from Schobelock’s friend stating that she found a note and keys to Schobelock’s house in her mailbox. The note and keys were in the bottom of the mailbox and could have been there since Feb. 23.

May 9​

RCSO receives a call about clothing and property found in the woods in the 1200 block of Chester Hill Rd. RCSO and Ross County SAR respond to the area and locate human remains.

May 10​

The remains were positively identified as belonging to Schobelock. Final autopsy results are still pending.

The property where she was found belongs to a retired Chillicothe Police Officer. I won't post his name but he played a major role in keeping the missing women of Chillicothe in the forefront. Good man!! I imagine he is devastated. :(
Eeeeh... I'm from chillicothe and all I'm gonna say is he should definitely be investigated. There's something really bad going on in southern Ohio. Sorry, am new here and am still learning the ropes so please forgive me; I'm a newbie. This is my opinion and I don't have anything to go along with it. Yet. But its been 9 years since it all started with Megan Lancaster's case, and deceased Portsmouth Ohio attorney Michael Mearan. I know this isn't a place for rumors or opinions so I will stop there. It's all so sad!

@mlhenn thanks for posting this timeline regarding Lindsey's disappearance.

AFAIK, until after Lindsey's remains were located, several items mentioned in this timeline were not publicly released by RCSO:

FEB 24: Schobelock’s cell phone and note are located inside.

FEB 25: Detectives serve a subpoena for Schobelock’s bank info. They received a photo of Schobelock alone in her vehicle at 5:20 p.m. on Feb. 23 at the ATM.

FEB 26: Detectives search Schobelock’s residence and collect a journal.

MAR 1: RCSO receive a call from Schobelock’s friend stating that she found a note and keys to Schobelock’s house in her mailbox. The note and keys were in the bottom of the mailbox and could have been there since Feb. 23.

During the investigation I don't recall hearing anything about notes left behind, keys left in a mailbox, Lindsey's journal, etc. We also didn't know that Lindsey's MH situation was worsening, or that she had possibly stopped taking her medications, until reported by MSM after she was found.

Based on what was publicly known publicly before she was found, the possibility of foul play seemed likely in Lindsey's disappearance. However, now with this new information from RCSO, it appears Lindsey planned her disappearance.

All the above is MOO.

Thanks for the follow up that answers my question (got the phone, no video)! What a horrible thing for someone to do to her family. People are heartless.

So the letter claims that Lindsey conspired (along with a local judge) to frame a local school administrator for sex offenses he's currently serving time for, and claims that the phones have video on them supporting this claim that the phones did not have (when Lindsey's family got to examine them)

Were the phones received actually Lindsey's? Were they locked and her family unlocked and examined them or did they spend time unlocked and in the hands of local law enforcement?

To Note:
The information in this article cannot be proven factual.

Here’s the updated article

To Note:

Here’s the updated article

Yes, I know. I had posted this same update Friday night. ;)

The editor in chief (DM) who authored the articles caught a lot of flack from MANY local people here in Ross County... he knows he screwed up so he offered this "apology" :rolleyes: in the opinion section of the Guardian admitting he screwed up. What a tool... MOO

So the letter claims that Lindsey conspired (along with a local judge) to frame a local school administrator for sex offenses he's currently serving time for, and claims that the phones have video on them supporting this claim that the phones did not have (when Lindsey's family got to examine them)
This entire situation is most unfortunate. Lindsey's family is grieving over her loss and now this situation has to take place.

To Note:
Thanks for letting us know.

This girl was found deceased across the street from a property my dad owns (my grandparents lived there for YEARS). My dad owns quite a few houses on the road she was found. So very sad. I hope to god they find out what happened to her. I don’t know much about the case but it sounds like she was found in a campsite (which is pretty common considering you travel up a dirt road to get to the actual road which is barely even paved. A lot of people have been known to live in the woods around there. Wasn’t her car found parked not too far up the road? Im going to keep my thoughts to myself on what I believe happened but I pray her family gets closure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabrinalyyn
Back