OH OH - Lorie Ann Blevins, 16, Unknown place, 1 Jan 1984

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just submitted this tip.
It may not be Lory Blevins but this is the Jane Doe I believe could be that victim. She was found in 1980 and keep in mind Samual Little doesn't have the best memory about dates but he has great facial recognition:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
The FBI's page on Samual Little if you're interested:
Samuel Little: Confessions of a Killer | Federal Bureau of Investigation
A couple things that will probably make this person a rule out:
She was found 4 years earlier (1980) than when Lorie Ann Blevins was reported missing (1984).
The body was found in "Not recognizable - Decomposing / putrefaction" which means death was about a month or so depending on the elements.
While she may have been unidentifiable, their estimate of age 25-40 is probably reasonably accurate.

A couple things that will probably make this person a rule out:
She was found 4 years earlier (1980) than when Lorie Ann Blevins was reported missing (1984).
The body was found in "Not recognizable - Decomposing / putrefaction" which means death was about a month or so depending on the elements.
While she may have been unidentifiable, their estimate of age 25-40 is probably reasonably accurate.
Do we know if Lori had a scar on her knee or if the ring on this UID matches up with anything we know of her?
Well no but Samual Little thought the date of this murder occured around 1984 but he also listed other murders in other states around this time. I came up with this 1980 Jane Doe because of his descriptions of Covington, roads, hills and a park he spoke of (possibly Devou, Gobles or Pioneer park). If Lorie vanished in 1984 then this isn't her.

Last edited:
I think I may have found an additional photo of Lorie...Is there anyone with an Ancestry/classmates account who is willing to help verify? It looks like she may have on a similar shirt and necklace like the photo of Lorie... IDK though. There's so little to go on~!

Name: Lorie Blevins
Estimated Age: 16
Birth Year: abt 1969
Yearbook Date: 1985
School: Wayne County High School
School Location: Monticello, Kentucky, USA
Nevermind! this can't possibly be her! aghhh

I am a family member.
Thank you so much for your response Tim. I am so happy you found this thread. There are so many amazing people here wanting to help. Please become a verified insider and tell us about Lory. We may be a bunch of faceless strangers but we care. I did not know Lory. I am not from Ohio but, I was a 17yr old girl in 1984. Please let these amazingly talented people help.

I am a family member.
Welcome and I am so sorry your family is missing a loved one. Perhaps we can help with more information you can provide. Here is the link to become verified. This allows you to speak/write freely without having to use a public source such as main stream media (MSM).

Verified Professional and Insider Members

Thank you
Thank you so much for your response, Tim. I am so happy you found this thread. There are so many amazing people here wanting to help. Please become a verified insider and tell us about Lory. We may be a bunch of faceless strangers but we care. I did not know Lory. I am not from Ohio but, I was a 17yr old
Welcome and I am so sorry your family is missing a loved one. Perhaps we can help with more information you can provide. Here is the link to become verified. This allows you to speak/write freely without having to use a public source such as main stream media (MSM).

Verified Professional and Insider Members
Thank you for the info & I sent an e-mail.

I am still waiting to be verified..... So, not sure what I can & can’t post. This is all new to me. As soon as I am verified I will share my story.

Welcome to WS !
b0239.gif
TimB35 ...

Posted 9/1/2020

Maybe the thread title should be updated with the spelling "Lorie" ?

Missing Persons, Cold Cases & Human Trafficking
Facebook Groups

OHIO MISSING Since 1984
Please Share!
Lorie Ann Blevins Lost, injured or missing
Picture of Lorie Blevins
Missing from: unknown, Ohio
Missing since: 1/1/1984
Missing age: 16
Current age: 52
Race/Ethnicity: White
Hair color: Light brown
Eye color: Unknown
Details
Lorie Ann Blevins has not been seen or heard from since January 1984
Contact
Anyone with additional information or questions regarding this case should contact Scioto County Sheriff's Office at (740) 355-8277.

Last edited:
Posted 9/8/2018 on Missing Persons from Ohio page. It lists Scioto County which is a more precise location if correct.

Missing Person from Ohio

NEWLY ADDED NAMUS CASE from 1984
Very little information found on her case. Only Scioto County is listed so unsure of exact location of disappearance
MISSING: Lorie Ann Blevins, 16 years old
Last Seen Sunday, January 1, 1984
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Unknown or Missing
Height: 4' 5" 6' 5"
Weight: 80 250 lbs
Scioto County Sheriff's Office
(740) 3558277
NamUs #52102
https://www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/52102
#ColdCase #MissingPerson #MissingWoman #MPFO

Members online