OH - Ma’Khia Bryant, 16, fatally shot multiple times by Columbus police officer, 20 April 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Just moments after #DerekChauvin was given a guilty verdict, protestors have gathered in SE Columbus after a police involved shooting took place involving a teen fatality. I’ll be bringing you more updates so stick with @SpectrumNews1OH.”

source:
Jamilah Muhammad - Spectrum News 1 OH
@jmuhammadtv

I'm not sure if this is outside TOS or not, so mods please delete if not okay, and I'm sorry!

According to her Aunt on twitter, Makiya was the one who called the police because there was a fight outside her house. She had the knife because of the fight. The police didn't even ask her to put down the knife, they just shot her.

Also, there is video of the police chanting "blue lives matter" at the family gathered where she was killed. Disgusting.

I'm not sure if this is outside TOS or not, so mods please delete if not okay, and I'm sorry!

According to her Aunt on twitter, Makiya was the one who called the police because there was a fight outside her house. She had the knife because of the fight. The police didn't even ask her to put down the knife, they just shot her.

Also, there is video of the police chanting "blue lives matter" at the family gathered where she was killed. Disgusting.
BBM. I hope that that is not true. If it is, those police need replacing and quickly.

BBM. I hope that that is not true. If it is, those police need replacing and quickly.

It is absolutely true, there is video of it on Twitter. Not sure if I am allowed to bring that footage over here as it's technically social media, but I've seen it. The George Floyd bystander video was allowed, so im not sure where we are at in terms of allowing bystander video now? Mod guidance please?

It is absolutely true, there is video of it on Twitter. Not sure if I am allowed to bring that footage over here as it's technically social media, but I've seen it. The George Floyd bystander video was allowed, so im not sure where we are at in terms of allowing bystander video now? Mod guidance please?

If it's body cam footage and it's released by a Mainstream Media source (like a local Columbus news channel), it should be fine to post. I'm not sure about bystander videos. I haven't been able to find the official body cam footage yet but last I checked it was supposed to be released soon.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 9.59.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 9.59.46 PM.png
    255.2 KB · Views: 24
Body cam footage is apparently here... I haven't watched it yet. Don't know if I have it in me to see a child shot to death.
ETA: The source is heavy.com.
2nd ETA: I clicked on Heavy's link to the body cam footage and don't see it anywhere so I'm not sure where to watch it. The link says it'll also be shown after the live press conference (for which the link is provided above).
3rd ETA: Body cam footage shown here starting at 1:06 (still haven't watched it myself).

Last edited:
I watched the press conference live. I was SHOCKED that they released this footage. Based on the footage (which is very short), I'd think they must be hanging the officer out to dry, yet the chief seems to be defending him. Sure looks like within about 10 seconds, after zero attempts at de-escalating, or even understanding the situation, and in a sitation where he was not under threat, the officer fired four (or five?) shots into a teenage girl. Simply enraging.

I’ve seen the body cam footage on social media. She was actively fighting with someone, then ran straight at another person. I have no idea if the person she ran at was friend or foe. I didn’t watch it carefully enough to look for the knife. Maybe tomorrow.

I watched the press conference live. I was SHOCKED that they released this footage. Based on the footage (which is very short), I'd think they must be hanging the officer out to dry, yet the chief seems to be defending him. Sure looks like within about 10 seconds, after zero attempts at de-escalating, or even understanding the situation, and in a sitation where he was not under threat, the officer fired four (or five?) shots into a teenage girl. Simply enraging.
I guess he didn’t have to shoot her. He could have just let her stab the girl in pink. It happened really fast. There wasn’t anytime for de-escalation. IMO

I think once she ran at that person near the car the officer felt he had to act.
It obviously wasn’t his life he was trying to protect, it was the persons that she ran at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme