GUILTY OH - Mackenzie Shirilla guilty of murder of 2 for crashing her car at high speed into a building.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Marysmith

Reaction score

CLEVELAND, Ohio — A woman who crashed her car at 100 mph into a building and killed her boyfriend and their friend when she was 17 faces life in prison after she was convicted of causing their deaths.

A judge Monday found Mackenzie Shirilla guilty of multiple counts of murder in the deaths of Dominic Russo, 20, and Davion Flanagan, 19, last July. The conviction carries an automatic sentence of life in prison with no chance at parole until Shirilla, now 19, spends the next 15 years in prison.

According to surveillance video prosecutors showed in court, Shirilla was seen driving on Progress Drive in the Progress Drive Business Park at a normal speed.

When she turned onto Alameda Drive, she became “literal hell on wheels,” the judge said.

Shirilla was seen accelerating before jerking the wheel to the right and left before slamming into a brick building at 100 mph, leaving her and her passengers trapped in the twisted metal wreckage.

Her fuzzy Prada slipper was stuck to the gas pedal, Cleveland.com reports.

Last edited:
For real her Prada slipper was stuck?
Her fuzzy Prada slipper was stuck to the gas pedal, Cleveland.com reports.
AUG 10, 2023

Wonder why she asked for a Bench Trial? Would a Jury Trial have been livestreamed so she saved herself some humiliation so the world wouldn't hear the evidence against her?

When seeing Shirilla MacKenzie's car flying down the road, I'm reminded of the shocking Anne Hech car crash. Maybe Shirilla intended the crash to end her life, too? Scary stuff to allow your teenager into cars with drivers who possess dangerous and deadly intentions.

WATCH LIVE: ‘Hell On Wheels’ Double Murder Crash — OH v. Mackenzie Shirilla Sentencing​

The 19-year-old Ohio teen who murdered her boyfriend and friend in a deadly premeditated crash faces sentencing after being convicted of the 2022 killings. The then-17-year-old Mackenzie Shirilla purposefully slammed the pedal to the floor, reaching a speed of nearly 100 mph, before crashing into a brick wall with 20-year-old Dominic Russo and 19-year-old Davion Flanagan in the car. Both victims died as a result of the deadly crash. The judge called Shirilla “hell on wheels,” stating she clearly “executed” a “mission” that was planned ahead of time.

last updated 1:57 PM, August 21, 2023

Judge Nancy Margaret Russo said, “Her actions were controlled, methodical, deliberate, intentional and purposeful. This was not reckless driving. This was murder.”

Shirilla faced a bench trial, meaning a judge decided her fate instead of a jury.

Last edited:
I don't post here often, but have been a member for years, so hear me out. Judge Russo greatly disappointed me today. I had serious hope that she would give that selfish, guilty MURDERER (yes mom, she is a convicted MURDERER) the max. Not only did she give her the MINIMUM, she failed to address the fact that MS' mother failed her child in her upbringing and that in some ways, IMO this is as much her fault (dad too) as MS!!! She was a minor who was obviously unattended and was playing grown up with a little girl's brain (no offense to little girls)! She was a 17 year old girl out all night on a Saturday night (probably regularly) and seemed to be drifting into a certain lifestyle that you'd have to be completely incompetent as a parent to not be aware of. THE NERVE of that woman to stand and chastise ANYONE, ESPECIALLY the Families of those two precious boys is reprehensible! Judge Russo failed to address many subjects in her sentencing (IMO) and is relying on the parole board to make sure that MS pays her due to society, That's NOT how it works! Shame on all of them for putting these two families through this HORROR and I sincerely pray for the families of Dominic and Davion to find Peace in this terrible time. As a member of a family that has lost a 17 year old child to DV from a boyfriend, this is especially hard for me. It's been 34 years and the wound is still open and like Dom's Mom said, It truly is a wound that never heals. Please forgive my rant, but WOW Prayers for Dom and Davion's families

I don't post here often, but have been a member for years, so hear me out. Judge Russo greatly disappointed me today. I had serious hope that she would give that selfish, guilty MURDERER (yes mom, she is a convicted MURDERER) the max. Not only did she give her the MINIMUM, she failed to address the fact that MS' mother failed her child in her upbringing and that in some ways, IMO this is as much her fault (dad too) as MS!!! She was a minor who was obviously unattended and was playing grown up with a little girl's brain (no offense to little girls)! She was a 17 year old girl out all night on a Saturday night (probably regularly) and seemed to be drifting into a certain lifestyle that you'd have to be completely incompetent as a parent to not be aware of. THE NERVE of that woman to stand and chastise ANYONE, ESPECIALLY the Families of those two precious boys is reprehensible! Judge Russo failed to address many subjects in her sentencing (IMO) and is relying on the parole board to make sure that MS pays her due to society, That's NOT how it works! Shame on all of them for putting these two families through this HORROR and I sincerely pray for the families of Dominic and Davion to find Peace in this terrible time. As a member of a family that has lost a 17 year old child to DV from a boyfriend, this is especially hard for me. It's been 34 years and the wound is still open and like Dom's Mom said, It truly is a wound that never heals. Please forgive my rant, but WOW Prayers for Dom and Davion's families
I do however, appreciate the fine job that the LE and Prosecutors office did. Thank you to them

The judge did opine that she believed Shirilla will end up spending the rest of her life in prison.

In this local TV Station, WKYC-3, news story, they write that, "She was found guilty of all charges against her, including four counts of murder, four counts of felonious assault and two counts of aggravated vehicular assault."

I'm from Florida, where if a person murders 2 people, they can only be found guilty of 2 counts of murder. If the lesser charges of murder contain the same elements as a higher more serious charge that the crime also meets the requirements of, they can only be found guilty of the more serious crime, not both.

Is there anyone who can explain how when 2 people died, she has 4 charges of murder? I know different states have different laws and hoped someone here was familiar with Ohio law.

Thank you.

In this local TV Station, WKYC-3, news story, they write that, "She was found guilty of all charges against her, including four counts of murder, four counts of felonious assault and two counts of aggravated vehicular assault."

I'm from Florida, where if a person murders 2 people, they can only be found guilty of 2 counts of murder. If the lesser charges of murder contain the same elements as a higher more serious charge that the crime also meets the requirements of, they can only be found guilty of the more serious crime, not both.

Is there anyone who can explain how when 2 people died, she has 4 charges of murder? I know different states have different laws and hoped someone here was familiar with Ohio law.

Thank you.

AFAIK 2 of the counts were "back up" charges to the first degree murder charges, presumably if the first degree murder charges went to "not guilty". They were removed by the judge at sentencing.

Regarding the judge and the length of sentencing. IMO her words have to be parsed carefully.

She said something to the effect that the only detail she had flexibility in was concurrent or consecutive on the 15 to life sentence lengths, because the sentence terms are set in state staute. She went with concurrent. Her belief, she said, was that Shirilla would be incarcerated for life. This really might be more just than sentencing consecutive terms, since those would be 30 years to life; Shirilla is very young. Perhaps she will turn more devious, perhaps she will be a changed woman. 30 years sounds like a lot for that to play out. The parole board will know in 15, and she's unlikely to get it at 15 years in anyway.

So, I don't think the judge caved, and I think her harsh words for the mom and Shirilla herself show where her sentence was grounded. Her rage at both of them was evident. No cutting any slack at all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back